Home inspection of resale - Agents come along?

ri

When a home inspection arranged by the buyer, is it the norm to have both agents attend as well?

If you?re a seller and your agent is at the home every time someone is there or if you?re a buyer and your agent doesn?t offer to be at the home every time you or a representative is, then you have a bad agent.

The buyer agent is the one that is to be present the entire time of the inspection, at least I am. The listing agent attends the home inspection once in a while from my experience.

Having the listing agent there is uncomfortable and I prefer to be unfettered during inspection since it's the best opportunity to really check out the property from all aspects with a critical eye.  I like to climb into the attic and investigate obscure areas that I would otherwise miss from a viewing.  Having the listing agent there just makes you more hesitant to poke around.  They are an unnecessary addition to the inspection, IMO.

Likewise it is just me present at the home inspection most of the time but in the rare cases the listing agent will come too.

Back