Bluffs 2 vs Lago 2?

emkay

First floor of both these floorplans look identical.  What do you guys like better?  Orchard Hills vs Portola?  Super high living room ceiling in bluffs vs normal ceiling in lago?

emkay said:
First floor of both these floorplans look identical.  What do you guys like better?  Orchard Hills vs Portola?  Super high living room ceiling in bluffs vs normal ceiling in lago?

If the location of both are fine, I'd go with Bluffs 2 because of the higher ceilings downstairs and the upstairs loft along with slightly more square footage. Mello Roos are similar but the Portola Springs HOA will be lower because it's not guard gated. Location wise some buyers may prefer The Reserve @ Orchard Hills (along with being guard-gated) versus Portola Springs but that comes down to a personal choice.

emkay said:

I prefer the layout of the Bluffs floorplan. Being in Orchard Hills would put you closer to shopping centers, but the overall cost will be more than Portola Springs. The new part of Portola Springs where Bluffs is was very well done.

i'm in similar debate, and my question is: bluff is close to landfill while lago close to asphalt, which one is more serious?

a lot of complain for the asphalt, but seems NO complain of landfill found online -- can someone living in PS give some introduction?

thanks

I think the concerns with Asphalt or landfill are a bit over rated. In Eastwood, i used to get a faint smell of asphalt in the early morning hours but for the last few months I dont smell any asphalt. Never smelt anything from landfill either.

thanks for the info

but I saw couples of discussion about the asphalt odor in OH making me nervous about OH

rfic said:
thanks for the info

but I saw couples of discussion about the asphalt odor in OH making me nervous about OH

You should absolutely be nervous if not downright terrified.  Everyone living in OH has less than 5 years to live.  Guaranteed death by asphalt poisoning.  Don't move to OH if you value your life.  Trust me, this is the internet and only facts make it to the internet.

If the asphalt fumes and the fires don?t get you, you?ll be dead from the pesticides dropped on the avocado trees within a few months.  Living in OH is kinda like that movie ?Final Destination?

not sure the last 2 posts are pun intended or meant to scare away OP :)

But seriously, sometimes people use the TI forum to help educate themselves in order to make a good decision with the home purchase.

OH is a death sentence.  Not a matter of if, but how.

Okay honestly OP, I live in OH, it's a wonderful quiet community full of all kinds of families.  I love the parks, the proximity to the shopping center and schools, and to me it's a nice balance between somewhat remote and still close to businesses I visit often. 

Yes it's in a fire hazard area.  I was evacuated twice in 2020 and it sucked.  Our fire fighters are amazing though.  Real actual living heroes.  There was basically no property damage. 

Yes there's an asphalt plan a few miles away.  Of the 6 years I've lived here I've smelled fumes less times than I can count on one hand.  But there are people who believe otherwise and are committed to spreading their views.

I've never smelled pesticides from the orchards, but whatever, probably just a matter of time until they get me.  /s

Anyway, you're going to hear all kinds of opinions on the internet from anonymous strangers.  Take it all with a grain of salt. 

Maybe visit some of the parks on a weekend mid morning to ask real families that live here about your concerns.  There's no utopia in Irvine. Every community has pros and cons.  Good luck.

Thanks all for helpful info. I been to OH to have a look at model homes, I feel PS seems a better choice for me.

Frankly speaking , I didn?t smell anything, but asphalt still a big concern for me and pesticides seems another

I live in PS near bluff 1, the landfill is no issue.  I have been here for two years now and no smelll at all.

Fire zone is an consideration but our firefighters kept it well in check last fall.  Another is high wind, which comes with the territory of being on a hill.

Back