Buyers looking for Altair houses only

ting3149

Hi everyone,

I have two groups of buyers whose looking for houses in Altair only. Please contact me if you are a realtor and have pocket listings or if you are a homeowner and is thinking of selling. Please see the requirments:

Buyer one: Budget up to $3m. The entrance must have North or East facing. Living space 3,500+sqft, large lot size (prefer with a pool or spa).

Buyer two: Budget up to $2.8m. Toll Brothers houses are preferred, but not limited to it. Must has lots of natural sunlight. Prefers wood floor.

Thank you.
Text me at: 949-267-3149

I don't have anything for the op, but there are buyers looking in Altair only despite the negatives discussed on TI and with those with higher budgets.

akkord said:
I don't have anything for the op, but there are buyers looking in Altair only despite the negatives discussed on TI and with those with higher budgets.

Lol people on TI thinking they represent Irvine. Altair is extremely popular outside of TI

Nguyen80 said:
akkord said:

Lol people on TI thinking they represent Irvine. Altair is extremely popular outside of TI

Actually I do not find many negative discussions here about Altair.

The negative discussion is in regards to buying closer to the beach rather than closer to the desert.
If you had 2.5 million why buy in Orchard Hills when you can buy in Quail Hills?

or hidden valley ranch.

Any discussion around mello roos you'll find GP in general being shit upon, Altair being the highest MR in GP. 

I think Lennar bought the land from FivePoint so technically it's "GP" but not in the GP master association.

Technically GP and Altair are separate but they were both started by 5-point and are across the street from each other. I just refer to Altair as the gated part of great park.

zubs said:
The negative discussion is in regards to buying closer to the beach rather than closer to the desert.
If you had 2.5 million why buy in Orchard Hills when you can buy in Quail Hills?

or hidden valley ranch.

Lots and lots of reasons.  Ask all the people that chose Orchard Hills over Quail Hill, Hidden Canyon, Shady Canyon.  As another poster said TI does not represent all of Irvine.  TI is around 10 people that have over 1000 posts.

Ive said it as well. Broadly speaking if you read though all the threads here there's two neighborhoods that TI doesn't care for,

1) GP/Altair for the taxes, silly imo because it subsidizes home pricing and gives you amazingly family friendly neighborhoods

2) Laguna Altura because everything is over listed, it has the most homes on the wtf listing thread. This is in part due to a realtor team that over list everything, they are good at over selling homeowners on their property to get the listing.

OCres said:
zubs said:

or hidden valley ranch.

Lots and lots of reasons.  Ask all the people that chose Orchard Hills over Quail Hill, Hidden Canyon, Shady Canyon.  As another poster said TI does not represent all of Irvine.  TI is around 10 people that have over 1000 posts.

Isn't the biggest reason because it's new. Who doesn't want a brand new house they can semi customize? Also, it's just easier to buy a new house. Way easier. And way more plentiful.

zubs said:

or hidden valley ranch.

Or Turtle Ridge.  :D

If Altair had the rare unicorn that I'm looking for (aka a single story 3-car garage view lot), I'd buy in Altair but alas no such unicorn existing there.

Actual number varies by size of your house but general estimate for total tax is 1.8% of the original base price the builder was charging for the home.

These property tax bills near 2% are a tough pill to swallow just like Great Park homes. The extra 0.5% (delta to other new Irvine communities) is a decent annual vacation for a family.

I think Dr. CA mentioned the GP home prices are slightly lower per sq ft?  Doesn't this shrink the delta a little bit?

E.g. Orchard Hills effective tax rate is 1.4.  GP is 1.8.  With some kind of per sq ft difference, are we talking a delta of maybe .3%? Still a chunk of change for many folks though.

Not necessarily because it is a percentage so that scales with home price. Typically, the larger your home, the more expensive it is. Mello roos then goes up and stays about 1.8-2% proportionate to your purchase price.

MR is technically not ad valorem tax meaning it is a "flat rate" and not based on square footage.

Back