Would love thoughts on Stonegate Real Estate

ACJEWV

Hi All!

Newly registered to the forum here, but have been reading for a little while.

Have lived in EW Village for 3 years, and am considering making a move elsewhere in Irvine. Currently looking at a home on Filbert in SG:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/52-Filbert-92620/home/58556182

Had a few questions

• Does the price of this home, given the location (cul de sac + jeffrey trail) seem reasonable?
  • How bad is the smell from the asphalt company in this area? I know it gets bad on the North side of EW, but was wondering about this area of SG since it's a higher elevation than EW
  • Does SG get affected by the landfill or any smell from it?

Would love some perspective! I did search the forum and saw mixed feedback on the topic

It's fairly close to Jeffery Rd so definitely see how much noise you get in front and in the back yard.  That being said, this price level of homes is moving quickly and this home is nicely upgraded so it'll move fast. My other clients who live in the area haven't indicated to me that they have an issue with the asphalt plant or the landfill in terms of smell.

I'm currently in Stonegate in the same general area. I have never noticed any asphalt smell or landfill smell. You should be more concerned about road noise. This home is right on the corner of Jeffrey and Portola, and with the landfill there are (loud) trash trucks regularly. Also there are regular dump trucks and other semi-type trucks that drive up and down Jeffrey past Portola as they work on what I assuming is grading the land for future development up there.

Seems like a nice house otherwise. All the homes in that KB Homes neighborhood there have essentially no backyard.

JadedOne said:
I'm currently in Stonegate in the same general area. I have never noticed any asphalt smell or landfill smell. You should be more concerned about road noise. This home is right on the corner of Jeffrey and Portola, and with the landfill there are (loud) trash trucks regularly. Also there are regular dump trucks and other semi-type trucks that drive up and down Jeffrey past Portola as they work on what I assuming is grading the land for future development up there.

Seems like a nice house otherwise. All the homes in that KB Homes neighborhood there have essentially no backyard.

Except for the ones at the end of the cul de sacs, especially the ones backing portola, those are pretty sizable for an Irvine sfr.  Google satellite shows some pretty nice backyards on some.

AW said:
JadedOne said:

Except for the ones at the end of the cul de sacs, especially the ones backing portola, those are pretty sizable for an Irvine sfr.  Google satellite shows some pretty nice backyards on some.

They need the larger yards to buffer the traffic and sound off PS.  I'm guilty of speeding down PS, but I think worse are all the trucks.  Pros and cons to all homes. 

If you like EW, then you would like SG also. They're pretty much the same except EW is a little newer.

If you smell landfill or asphalt in EW, you'll smell that in SG also. But as the real residents here testify, they don't really smell those. Many times, people are confused what landfill or asphalt smells are like. They smell mulch for plants by the HOA and they think that's the landfill. They smell some BBQ grill at night from neighbors and they think that's the asphalt factory burning.

Anyways, like many are saying here, you should worry more about the close proximity to Jeffrey and Portola. I personally would choose a home more inside the hood. Also If I'm paying $1.5m+ I wouldn't want another neighbor right behind mine, but most new homes are built this way these days.

BTW, the infamous SG elementary school is known to be a little better if you care.

Thanks Mety! RE: SG Elementary...better meaning better than EWV elementary? Or just comparatively speaking with other schools in Irvine? Thank you

People say they want their kids to attend SG elementary for some reason. They do seem to have higher rating scores than EW. Maybe they have a good academical achievement since they have that blue ribbon thing or whatever that's called. I personally don't really care and I think all Irvine schools are fine, but if you look for that strong academic thing which many people in Irvine seem to care, then I guess SG is a good one.

Back