Fresco at Orchard Hills

Does anyone else find it odd that IP doesn't put high (multilevel?) windows in the family rooms that come with the vaulted ceiling? It looks strange just seeing a giant wall with no additional light source. It almost makes the rooms look dark. Also, if you all have ever seen the exterior from the back of the Ravello and Fresco homes, the lack of additional windows results in an ugly slanted plain stucco wall.

irviniteeee said:
Does anyone else find it odd that IP doesn't put high (multilevel?) windows in the family rooms that come with the vaulted ceiling? It looks strange just seeing a giant wall with no additional light source. It almost makes the rooms look dark. Also, if you all have ever seen the exterior from the back of the Ravello and Fresco homes, the lack of additional windows results in an ugly slanted plain stucco wall.

Fresco Model 2 and 3 gives you the option to add a 5th bedroom with bath or a loft around 350 sqft to the vaulted ceiling space. The option will cost you around $100k though. I think that's why there aren't windows in the design.

irvinehomeowner said:
$1.6m for 2300sft house? Holy moley.
I was really confused at the price-point. Doesn't Taylor Morrison have 3000 sq ft houses for $1.6M in the Reserves already?  I haven't seen either home - but I can't imagine the differences are that extreme. That said - I won't be shocked when they sell because the market is crazy. 

The thing about Fresco is that the lots are larger than the alternatives sitting around 4700 sqft compared to say Como at 3000 sqft for a similar home. Lots are a premium in this market and so as a buyer you have to ask yourself if it is worth that much of a premium.

Cares said:
The thing about Fresco is that the lots are larger than the alternatives sitting around 4700 sqft compared to say Como at 3000 sqft for a similar home. Lots are a premium in this market and so as a buyer you have to ask yourself if it is worth that much of a premium.

Great point.  I think it's comical (and sad) that people will spend 1.5M and have an 8 foot setback in their 'yard'.  I'd rather have a newer, smaller house with a nice sized yard.  Still think they are overpriced for me, but I'd take it over some of the other options. Except that stupid plan 2 with the conservatory.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
man some of those floorplans are bad.  Who has ever said "you know what I need?  a living room next to my living room".

It does seem like redundant space except that I have a living room in the front of my house which I rarely use, I wonder if I would use it more if I had extra space near my great room.  I have no doubt it would be better for parties.

You mean Fresco II at Orchard Hills Reserve? Fresco II is about $200k premium to Eastwood version.

What's going to happen 5 years from now when 2400sq Fresco with yard is compared against 3000sq with 8-11ft yard? Do you guys think the average resale buyer will  pay a premium for yard with 600sq ft less?

ucla bruin said:
What's going to happen 5 years from now when 2400sq Fresco with yard is compared against 3000sq with 8-11ft yard? Do you guys think the average resale buyer will  pay a premium for yard with 600sq ft less?

Everyone needs interior living space. Not everyone needs exterior space, so that becomes secondary for most people.

No one pays a premium for a smaller yard. But plenty of people pay a premium for a larger yard. I don't think the market in 5 years will be any different than today in that regard.

Back