Closing Loan Disclosure Discrepany

• I am a new home buyer purchasing in Irvine.
  • Currently in the final phases. Loan in approved through the builders preferred lender.
  • I received the Closing Loan Disclosures on Friday (02/13)

Is the below normal or something shady
[list type=decimal]
[*]There is a new line time in my closing costs - around 10K extra.
[*]The line item in question states TAXES 2021?2022 07/01/21 to 07/01/22
[*]There are other line items County Taxes / Assessment - This I understand.
[*]What is coming across as shady is - [#2, from above - TAXES 2021?2022 07/01/21 to 07/01/22] This was never mentioned anywhere during or throughout the process in any document whatsoever.
[/list]

Upon bringing it up with the builders preferred lender:
- Initially, they quoted this "Orange County has made a change and is now requiring property taxes to be paid through July 2022 instead of July 2021 for properties that are not yet segregated yet. With this property being new construction the property has yet to be segregated"
- When I further asked details and mentioned that this cannot have happened over night (especially County affairs) and also mentioned that I could not find any information here - [https://www.ttc.ocgov.com/]
- Lender backed away saying it is from the seller and I should talk to Sales Office. (Since I waived impounds).
- Given that the lender is builders preferred lender and they put it on the closing cost, I find it hard to believe that I should be discussing with Sales Office. I have however reached out and expecting a response on Monday.

[list type=decimal]
[*]If this is normal, will the county be providing receipts that I have paid those taxes until 07/01/22 like the item says.
[*]If something sounds fishy, what can I do to protect myself?
[*]Can I report this to any agency? At-least, it would deter them from doing something similar in future
[/list]

Given the collective experience and expertise this forum has, hopefully someone might have some answers/suggestions.

Thank you for your time.

At first this post seemed highly unusual - perhaps a series of miscommunications between escrow/lender/sales/builder and the County. Never seen it before, but there's plenty of other things I haven't seen yet either....

It's confirmed that the original post info is correct, but limited in scope: Any Condo unit segregation plan that was not recorded by 12/31/2020 must have 2021-2022 taxes paid / collected at closing. Because so very few Condo projects or phases fall directly into this predicament, this appears to be a "one off" limited to this builder only. I'm sure there will be repercussions within the builder organization for this oversight actually happening but not every project will be impacted.

If there are other condo buyers (attached/detached) who have any updates for their purchase and property tax payments at closing, please let the readers know of your experience.

SGIP

Back