Driver's License Renewal

iacrenter

If you need to renew your Driver's License, I highly recommend going to the new Anaheim Driver License Processing Center. They opened in January and only process Driver's License transactions. I had no appointment and finished in about 30 minutes.

Pro tip: fill out the online application, upload your documents for a Real ID, and print out a confirmation code that allows for express service.

3170 W. Lincoln Ave., Anaheim, CA 92804https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/field-office/anaheim-driver-license-processing-center-dl-only/

I don?t have the new ID. Oh well! (They want bank info, paystubs, SSN, utilities bills, bank statements etc) They ask for too much stuff. It should be like here?s my birth certificate, SSN and drivers license.
(But I do have a DL)
Am I applying for a loan or what? Lol

People talk about privacy and freedom. In my opinion this is a violation of freedom. Why should they see all this personal info. Someone told me it?s like a birth certificate part 2, meaning they want to reverify your info.
They say masks is invasive. Sorry but this is More invasive!

eyephone said:
I don?t have the new ID. Oh well! (They want bank info, paystubs, SSN, utilities bills, bank statements etc) They ask for too much stuff. It should be like here?s my birth certificate, SSN and drivers license.
(But I do have a DL)

TBH it's quick to put together, but no one's flying that much so I guess it's only a pain when you do start flying a lot domestically and need to bring your passport with you if you have no real ID. 

I went to the Laguna DMV with no appointment couple months ago, in and out in about an hour 15 min...guess it would be around the same overall time if someone drove to Anaheim instead of going to the closer one in Laguna.  Always good to have options though.

Going to the DMV is always PITA. Luckily Real ID is optional but if you do it, should be a one time thing and the next renewal will be online.

iacrenter said:
Going to the DMV is always PITA. Luckily Real ID is optional but if you do it, should be a one time thing and the next renewal will be online.

Pass. They should just outsource everything to AAA. More efficient.

akkord said:
eyephone said:
(But I do have a DL)

TBH it's quick to put together, but no one's flying that much so I guess it's only a pain when you do start flying a lot domestically and need to bring your passport with you if you have no real ID.

Why should the government get all that info?
This might hurt travel stocks. I am not the only one that feels this way.
I hope they run periodic background and credit checks on dmv workers. Because the information that they come across is very sensitive. Also, someone told me it might possibly lead to fraud of someone gets that info. (Idk, who knows?)

So for example, if someone is in financial problem or declared bankruptcy. Just maybe they shouldn?t be looking for financial info. You know what I?m saying.

eyephone said:
I hope they run periodic background and credit checks on dmv workers. Because the information that they come across is very sensitive. Also, someone told me it might possibly lead to fraud of someone gets that info. (Idk, who knows?)

So for example, if someone is in financial problem or declared bankruptcy. Just maybe they shouldn?t be looking for financial info. You know what I?m saying.

Not sure what you're referring to as financial information, you don't need to provide that for a real ID. They require a

1. Passport

2. SSN - which you fill out when you apply/renew a passport, why do they need it, why does your employer need it, what if a newbie your HR steals it or can't the people who fulfill your passport information at those offices have problems too and steal it, there are bad seeds everywhere, are you not going to apply for a passport and never travel, or work, at some point common sense needs to take place

3. 2 documents with your address, use your voter registration and DMV registration - the DMV already has your info with your address for those 2 documents

But you do you, and after the first time you can renew online. 

They can accept paystub orders bank statement as proof of residence. But multiple I talked to said it was a requirement. (Who knows it may be true or not, or maybe the person at the office was not trained wel idk)

eyephone said:

Do you remember this tragedy call 9-11?

In July 2004, the 9/11 Commission issued a 585 page report on how to reform the United States Intelligence community and to implement other security measures to prevent future terrorist attacks against the United States.  On page 390, under the heading Immigration Law and Enforcement, the Commissioner recommended the following:  ?Secure identification should begin in the United States. The federal government should set standards for the issuance of birth certificates and sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.  Fraud in identification document is no longer just a problem of theft.  At many entry points to vulnerable facilities, including gates for boarding aircraft, sources of identification are the last opportunity to ensure that people are who they say they are and to check whether they are terrorists.?

eyephone said:
They can accept paystub orders bank statement as proof of residence. But multiple I talked to said it was a requirement. (Who knows it may be true or not, or maybe the person at the office was not trained wel idk)

They can accept, but if you're not comfortable, which you seem not to be, choose something else like I recommended, no need to give your bank info if you don't want to, that's why there are options.  It is 100% not a requirement since I did this couple months ago when my DL was about to expire, never brought in a bank statement, I used the property tax statement and printed out a water or electric bill.  Whoever your"multiple" sources are, they are providing fake requirements! 

Here's your proof of residency requirement from the link you provided

Proof of California Residency (copies accepted, printed documents required) Two different documents are required from the list below. ?    Home utility bills (including cellular phone)?    Deed or title to residential real property, property taxbill or statement, original copy of an approved claim forHomeowners? Property Tax Exemption (BOE-266) formfled with a local California County Assessor?    Medical documents?    Car or Boat registration?    Employment documents?    School documents (includes Date of Birth), proof of paymentof resident tuition at a public institution of higher educationin California?    Insurance documents?    Bank and Financial institution records? Change of Address confrmation by the U.S. Postal Service ?  A document issued by a government agency (local,state, or federal)?    Mortgage bill, rental or lease agreement (signed by owner and tenant) ?  A No Fee Identifcation Card Eligibility Verifcation(DL 933) form, completed and signed ?    IRS or California FTB tax return?Faith-based documents, including name and addressof organization

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:

In July 2004, the 9/11 Commission issued a 585 page report on how to reform the United States Intelligence community and to implement other security measures to prevent future terrorist attacks against the United States.  On page 390, under the heading Immigration Law and Enforcement, the Commissioner recommended the following:  %u201CSecure identification should begin in the United States. The federal government should set standards for the issuance of birth certificates and sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.  Fraud in identification document is no longer just a problem of theft.  At many entry points to vulnerable facilities, including gates for boarding aircraft, sources of identification are the last opportunity to ensure that people are who they say they are and to check whether they are terrorists.%u201D

Some people say that Real ID is a money play, time waster, and some people say a move by the government to re-verify yourself. Also, some people say it is a clear violation of the 10th amendment.

This is what I see in the news:
Mean while people are getting assaulted in planes, articles of people attempting to open airplane doors in flight, screaming and shouting in planes, there was a guy from California who allegedly lived in a secured part of an airport for months.
That does not sound secure to me.

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:
eyephone said:

In July 2004, the 9/11 Commission issued a 585 page report on how to reform the United States Intelligence community and to implement other security measures to prevent future terrorist attacks against the United States.  On page 390, under the heading Immigration Law and Enforcement, the Commissioner recommended the following:  %u201CSecure identification should begin in the United States. The federal government should set standards for the issuance of birth certificates and sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.  Fraud in identification document is no longer just a problem of theft.  At many entry points to vulnerable facilities, including gates for boarding aircraft, sources of identification are the last opportunity to ensure that people are who they say they are and to check whether they are terrorists.%u201D

Some people say that Real ID is a money play, time waster, and some people say a move by the government to re-verify yourself. Also, some people say it is a clear violation of the 10th amendment.

This is what I see in the news:
Mean while people are getting assaulted in planes, articles of people attempting to open airplane doors in flight, screaming and shouting in planes, there was a guy from California who allegedly lived in a secured part of an airport for months.
That does not sound secure to me.

On top of all the above problems, you want to weaken the standards for driver's license/state ID's to access the airport? If you can't reliably identify who is flying/entering the airport, you won't be able to stop people on the No Fly or terror watch lists.

eyephone said:
akkord said:
eyephone said:
(But I do have a DL)

So you are ok with the government making you wear a mask but have heartburn over this??

I agree with IAC, IDs shouldn?t be easy to get

Back