Author Topic: Driver's License Renewal  (Read 1749 times)

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 461
  • -Received: 703
Re: Driver's License Renewal
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 11:06:26 AM »
Why should the government get all that info?

Do you remember this tragedy call 9-11?

In July 2004, the 9/11 Commission issued a 585 page report on how to reform the United States Intelligence community and to implement other security measures to prevent future terrorist attacks against the United States.  On page 390, under the heading Immigration Law and Enforcement, the Commissioner recommended the following:  %u201CSecure identification should begin in the United States. The federal government should set standards for the issuance of birth certificates and sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.  Fraud in identification document is no longer just a problem of theft.  At many entry points to vulnerable facilities, including gates for boarding aircraft, sources of identification are the last opportunity to ensure that people are who they say they are and to check whether they are terrorists.%u201D

Some people say that Real ID is a money play, time waster, and some people say a move by the government to re-verify yourself. Also, some people say it is a clear violation of the 10th amendment.

This is what I see in the news:
Mean while people are getting assaulted in planes, articles of people attempting to open airplane doors in flight, screaming and shouting in planes, there was a guy from California who allegedly lived in a secured part of an airport for months.
That does not sound secure to me.

On top of all the above problems, you want to weaken the standards for driver's license/state ID's to access the airport? If you can't reliably identify who is flying/entering the airport, you won't be able to stop people on the No Fly or terror watch lists.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 01:26:29 PM by iacrenter »

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2748
  • -Received: 1841
Re: Driver's License Renewal
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 01:07:48 PM »
I don’t have the new ID. Oh well! (They want bank info, paystubs, SSN, utilities bills, bank statements etc) They ask for too much stuff. It should be like here’s my birth certificate, SSN and drivers license.
(But I do have a DL)
Am I applying for a loan or what? Lol

TBH it's quick to put together, but no one's flying that much so I guess it's only a pain when you do start flying a lot domestically and need to bring your passport with you if you have no real ID.

Why should the government get all that info?
This might hurt travel stocks. I am not the only one that feels this way.
I hope they run periodic background and credit checks on dmv workers. Because the information that they come across is very sensitive. Also, someone told me it might possibly lead to fraud of someone gets that info. (Idk, who knows?)

So for example, if someone is in financial problem or declared bankruptcy. Just maybe they shouldn’t be looking for financial info. You know what I’m saying.

So you are ok with the government making you wear a mask but have heartburn over this??

I agree with IAC, IDs shouldn’t be easy to get

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal