Trying to figure out monthly mortgage payments

Mst

I'm wondering if I buy a $1.2 mil home in the Villages of Irvine with a $300k downpayment, what would my monthly payments be around on a 30 yr fixed  (Mortgage, HOA, Mello Roos, property tax)?

I plugged it into a mortgage calculator that estimated around ~$4,800/month...is this accurate? 

I can afford around $5,500/month but I'm wondering if this mortgage calculator is incorrect. 

Mst said:
I'm wondering if I buy a $1.2 mil home in the Villages of Irvine with a $300k downpayment, what would my monthly payments be around?  (Mortgage, HOA, Mello Roos, property tax).

I plugged it into a mortgage calculator that estimated around ~$4,800/month...is this accurate? 

I can afford around $5,500/month but I'm wondering if this mortgage calculator is incorrect. 

Well, whatever you do, make sure that everyone who attempts to respond has to guess at every single input on the math, other than loan amount, before giving you an answer that will improve whatever confidence you have already.

Here is a schedule that I've provided my clients so they can calculate their monthly payment and comparing homes from one Village to another one.  It's a plug-n-play schedule so you can move around the price, downpayment, interest rate, etc.

Attachments

• Cost Comparison Schedule.xlsx
    13 KB · Views: 177
You can do the math yourself in Excel.

=PMT(3%/12,360,$900000)

3% being the rate but change it to whatever rate you find.

Property tax and HOA and MR is entirely dependent on the property.

Back