Dispelling Leftist/Atheist Nonsense

StarmanMBA

Put simply, scientists will tell you that ?science works.?  If science works, then the universe works.  If the universe works then it means that it was made; because what is not made cannot possibly ?work.? - Illogical Atheism by Bo Jinn, Kindle, Section 1276

?Men became scientific because they expected law in nature, and they expected law in nature  because they believed in a law giver.? ? C.S. Lewis ? Section 1267

?Over the entrance to the gates of the temple  of science are written the words:  Ye must have faith.  It is a quality which the scientist cannot dispense with.? ? Max Planck ? Section 418

The past has demonstrated quite clearly that science creates many more mysteries than it explains. ? 1370

Professor Andrew Simms, former President of the Royal Institute of Psychiatry in Britain? concludes that religious faith is one of medicine?s best kept secrets.  Particularly among Christian adherents in western society, religious practice seems to result in lower levels of stress and depression, better physical health,  better interpersonal relationship and family life and a much lower inclination to substance addiction, among other behavioral and mental disorders.  The psychiatric data for atheism and agnosticism, on the other hand, appears to run quite in the opposite direction. A number of studies performed by members of the American psychiatric association determine a strong correlation between a ?lack of faith? (i.e. atheism) and depression and suicide. ? 1614

? those nations with the highest levels  of depression and suicide over the last 50 years  also happen to have been the most irreligious.  (Soviet bloc, China, Japan, Scandinavia, UK, France, among others)  Abortion rates, separation and family discord are all far more prominent in the irreligious west than anywhere else in the world.- 1627

A belief held for psychological reasons leading to an increased probability of psychosis, abusive behavior, depression and suicidal inclination.
If those are not the hallmarks of a delusion, I don?t know what is. ? 1641

Contemporary atheism does no resolve in the conclusion that God does not exist as much as it begins with it. ? 2270

If the evidence from sociology is not powerful enough,  we now have recent studies from the field of psychology which validate the ridiculousness of this fictional psychological  pre-disposition to atheism. ? 2385

The overwhelming psychological and sociological data does indicate that belief in God is something that emerges from the inside out, not something which is imposed from the outside in. ? 2407

You have to realize that when you purport the existence of a mythical entity, like a God, the burden of proof lies on you to prove its existence.

It is not the job of the atheist to prove you wrong.

I can just as easily say "There exists a flying spaghetti monster" or "Bigfoot exists" and then cry "Prove me wrong!" when asked to provide evidence.

Science will always be a robust method for explaining the phenomena on Earth and we continue to discover more everyday because of the wonders of science. Religion has not given us anything besides toxic behavior and many deaths. As a person who has never commited a crime, I believe that religion is not a necessary requirement for morality.

GenericIrvineResident said:
You have to realize that when you purport the existence of a mythical entity, like a God, the burden of proof lies on you to prove its existence.

When you make an outlandish claim such as "a mythical entity," YOU have a burden of proof to substantiate YOUR "mythical" claim, particularly when Christianity is:
1.  The largest group of humans on earth, and atheists are trivial in number
2.  Our holidays in America celebrate Christmas and Easter and Thanksgiving.
You must be miserable during those holidays, having nothing to celebrate.
3.  Every dollar of currency you have ever spent reads IN GOD WE TRUST.
4. "Nature's God" is so described in our Declaration of Independence.

Science will always be a robust method for explaining the phenomena on Earth and we continue to discover more everyday because of the wonders of science.

Your lies were deleted.

People of faith live longer than atheists.
For the study, a team of Ohio University academics, including associate professor of psychology Christian End, analysed more than 1,500 obituaries from across the US to piece together how the defining features of our lives affect our longevity.
These records include religious affiliations and marriage details as well as information on activities, hobbies and habits, which can help or hinder our health, not otherwise captured in census data.

The study, published in Social Psychological and Personality Science today, found that on average people whose obituary mentioned they were religious lived an extra 5.64 years.
Atheists commit suicide far more often than those of faith, which is clearly not "rational"

"Atheism: Contemporary Rates and Patterns" in The Cambridge Companion to Atheism, ed. by Michael Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."[3]

The list of atheist shooters and serial killers does not correspond to claims of intellectual superiority and rationality.

Atheists have a long record of being mass shooters and militant atheism in general has a causal association with mass murder.
Due to this fact, peer reviewed research published in academic journals has found that society-at-large is likely to hold atheists responsible for capital criminal acts and that even atheists are likely to assume that serial killers are fellow atheists.[2][3][4]

?The universe and the Laws of Physics seem to have been specifically designed for us. If any one of about 40 physical qualities had more than slightly different values, life as we know it could not exist: Either atoms would not be stable, or they wouldn?t combine into molecules, or the stars wouldn?t form heavier elements, or the universe would collapse before life could develop, and so on??  - Stephen Hawking, considered the best known scientist since Albert Einstein, Austin American-Statesmen, October 19, 1997

Allan Sandage, widely regarded as the father of modern astronomy, discoverer of quasars:  ?I find it quite improbable that order came out of chaos.  There has to be some organizing principle.  God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something rather than nothing.?

Religion has not given us anything besides toxic behavior and many deaths.

This is a ludicrous statement.  Hospitals.  Universities.  Charities.  Western civilization.

Your entire existence and world view have been shaped by religion whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

It's also a logical fallacy because civilizations that reject religion have proven to be pretty deadly themselves.  See China, USSR, North Korea, etc.

I woke up this morning to another epiphany.
Atheists, like so many Leftists, can best be described by their unmitigated gall of fatuous insouciance. They think, and pretend, that they have all the answers. They're their own god.

They worship "science" without acknowledging that it is God's Creation.
Their claims of science having a "self-correcting mechanism" reflects their profound ignorance that this is only trial and error, practiced by every living thing, from animals to plants. Tip over a potted plant, and it turns to resume growing upward, using its "self-correcting mechanism."

Science in plants. Who knew? Not atheists, that's for sure.  They pretend that everything God created so brilliantly is actually the *magic* of science.

Liar Loan said:
Religion has not given us anything besides toxic behavior and many deaths.

This is a ludicrous statement.  Hospitals.  Universities.  Charities.  Western civilization.

Your entire existence and world view have been shaped by religion whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

It's also a logical fallacy because civilizations that reject religion have proven to be pretty deadly themselves.  See China, USSR, North Korea, etc.

He responds to his own post. Interesting

StarmanMBA said:
I woke up this morning to another epiphany.
Atheists, like so many Leftists, can best be described by their unmitigated gall of fatuous insouciance. They think, and pretend, that they have all the answers. They're their own god.

They worship "science" without acknowledging that it is God's Creation.
Their claims of science having a "self-correcting mechanism" reflects their profound ignorance that this is only trial and error, practiced by every living thing, from animals to plants. Tip over a potted plant, and it turns to resume growing upward, using its "self-correcting mechanism."

Science in plants. Who knew? Not atheists, that's for sure.  They pretend that everything God created so brilliantly is actually the *magic* of science.

The same person that calls females the h word. Lol

I can just as easily say "There exists a flying spaghetti monster" or "Bigfoot exists" and then cry "Prove me wrong!" when asked to provide evidence.

Science will always be a robust method for explaining the phenomena on Earth and we continue to discover more everyday because of the wonders of science. Religion has not given us anything besides toxic behavior and many deaths. As a person who has never commited a crime, I believe that religion is not a necessary requirement for morality.

I also believe religions are man-made systems. They exist everywhere, not just in Christ-believing regions. However I do believe in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ. I guess people call that person like me a "Christian."

While many self-claimed Christians have lived hypocritical lives to show how fake moral they can get, that does not distort God Himself and His given words, the Bible. You see, it's always those people giving God a bad name by misrepresenting Him. I believe many if not all of them are not real Christians. And I also do believe they know themselves that they're fake if they think deeply and seriously enough. God has given us to discern and that is called a "conscience."

You believe in science and I do too. But we are in the continuing process of finding new or different results from the science day to day. We don't know 100% accurate of anything even by the science itself since it keeps evolving. But first, can you answer who made the science? Is it just self-existing out of nowhere? The very fact you and I have living cells inside, the very fact we see the heavens and the earth operating in this manner where everything works in orderly ways and does not collide in this universe, the very fact we differ from other animals and creatures, the very fact we have numbers and days and nights in systems... these all speak that the science or every little thing you see (or not see) in this universe is made from a deity. I found that deity to be God by reading the Bible or God led me to find Himself to say it more accurate. You might call or believe that to be something else, but you can't deny there is some kind of force holding all these things together in this universe.

Anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts since you say the religions are something only giving us toxic behaviors and deaths. While I do think man-made religions are bad as well, God is not. Many people misunderstand God as a result of lack of understanding the Scripture or by being taught in wrongs ways by many fake religious leaders.

sleepy5136 said:
Leftist philosophies and Relgion (sic) are two separate things. You're comparing apple to oranges.

Please tell your Leftist friends that when they are constantly denigrating "Bible thumpers" and "fundies" and "right wing religious extremists," which is a fitting description for America's Founding Fathers.

Atheism IS a religion, as adjudicated by the Supreme Court.

As to your jejune "apples to oranges" pretense:

1.  Both are nutritious fruit
2.  Both are colorful and look good to eat, as they are.
3.  Both supply fiber and healthy nutrients.
4.  Both are basically round and of a similar size.
5.  Both are abundant and inexpensive.
6.  Both are eaten raw.
7.  Both grow on trees.

I'm sure that there are numerous similarities but these will do.

Terrific comparison.  You had no idea, obviously.

StarmanMBA said:
sleepy5136 said:
Leftist philosophies and Relgion (sic) are two separate things. You're comparing apple to oranges.

Please tell your Leftist friends that when they are constantly denigrating "Bible thumpers" and "fundies" and "right wing religious extremists," which is a fitting description for America's Founding Fathers.

6.  Both are eaten raw.
7.  Both grow on trees.

I don't need to tell any leftist friends how to think. Nor do you tell me what I should or should not do. I also don't get what you're trying to accomplish in this thread to be quite honest. But to assume that all "Leftist" are Atheist is very ignorant. And if all you got in retaliation is to give smarty pants literal remarks, I know I got you where I want you ;) Enjoy your time trolling here.

sleepy5136 said:
StarmanMBA said:
sleepy5136 said:

6.  Both are eaten raw.
7.  Both grow on trees.

I don't need to tell any leftist friends how to think. Nor do you tell me what I should or should not do. I also don't get what you're trying to accomplish in this thread to be quite honest. But to assume that all "Leftist" are Atheist is very ignorant. And if all you got in retaliation is to give smarty pants literal remarks, I know I got you where I want you ;) Enjoy your time trolling here.

Sleepy - it?s all good. I dont think people takes that guy seriously. He calls females H## in another thread.

sleepy5136 said:
I don't need to tell any leftist friends how to think. Nor do you tell me what I should or should not do. I also don't get what you're trying to accomplish in this thread to be quite honest. But to assume that all "Leftist" (sic)  are Atheist (sic)is very ignorant.  (That's rich, given your inability to  write simple sentences and spell correctly.) And if all you got in retaliation is to give smarty pants literal remarks, I know I got you where I want you ;) Enjoy your time trolling here.

Leftists, like you, call anyone who disagrees with you "trolls."  You're all geniuses and the rest are far beneath you - in Leftist  Think.

Good name you chose for yourself.  You write as if you are half asleep. 

StarmanMBA said:
sleepy5136 said:
I don't need to tell any leftist friends how to think. Nor do you tell me what I should or should not do. I also don't get what you're trying to accomplish in this thread to be quite honest. But to assume that all "Leftist" (sic)  are Atheist (sic)is very ignorant.  (That's rich, given your inability to  write simple sentences and spell correctly.) And if all you got in retaliation is to give smarty pants literal remarks, I know I got you where I want you ;) Enjoy your time trolling here.

Leftists, like you, call anyone who disagrees with you "trolls."  You're all geniuses and the rest are far beneath you - in Leftist  Think.

Good name you chose for yourself.  You write as if you are half asleep.
I'm actually not a leftist. But nice guess. ;)

Re: Dispelling Leftist/Atheist Nonsense
? Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 03:10:17 PM ?
QuoteThank You
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

=====================

GO FROM THE PRESENCE OF A FOOLISH MAN. - THE HOLY BIBLE

StarmanMBA said:

When you make an outlandish claim such as "a mythical entity," YOU have a burden of proof to substantiate YOUR "mythical" claim, particularly when Christianity is:
1.  The largest group of humans on earth, and atheists are trivial in number
2.  Our holidays in America celebrate Christmas and Easter and Thanksgiving.
You must be miserable during those holidays, having nothing to celebrate.
3.  Every dollar of currency you have ever spent reads IN GOD WE TRUST.
4. "Nature's God" is so described in our Declaration of Independence.

Science will always be a robust method for explaining the phenomena on Earth and we continue to discover more everyday because of the wonders of science.

Your lies were deleted.

People of faith live longer than atheists.
For the study, a team of Ohio University academics, including associate professor of psychology Christian End, analysed more than 1,500 obituaries from across the US to piece together how the defining features of our lives affect our longevity.
These records include religious affiliations and marriage details as well as information on activities, hobbies and habits, which can help or hinder our health, not otherwise captured in census data.

The study, published in Social Psychological and Personality Science today, found that on average people whose obituary mentioned they were religious lived an extra 5.64 years.
Atheists commit suicide far more often than those of faith, which is clearly not "rational"

"Atheism: Contemporary Rates and Patterns" in The Cambridge Companion to Atheism, ed. by Michael Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."[3]

The list of atheist shooters and serial killers does not correspond to claims of intellectual superiority and rationality.

Atheists have a long record of being mass shooters and militant atheism in general has a causal association with mass murder.
Due to this fact, peer reviewed research published in academic journals has found that society-at-large is likely to hold atheists responsible for capital criminal acts and that even atheists are likely to assume that serial killers are fellow atheists.[2][3][4]

?The universe and the Laws of Physics seem to have been specifically designed for us. If any one of about 40 physical qualities had more than slightly different values, life as we know it could not exist: Either atoms would not be stable, or they wouldn?t combine into molecules, or the stars wouldn?t form heavier elements, or the universe would collapse before life could develop, and so on??  - Stephen Hawking, considered the best known scientist since Albert Einstein, Austin American-Statesmen, October 19, 1997

Allan Sandage, widely regarded as the father of modern astronomy, discoverer of quasars:  ?I find it quite improbable that order came out of chaos.  There has to be some organizing principle.  God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something rather than nothing.?

Just because a bunch of people follow a scam does not make it legitimate. What an absurd logical fallacy.

I celebrate all holidays that have its roots in Christianity because they have been so far divorced from religion that I find them enjoyable. I put up a tree, give presents, have gone on easter egg hunts, etc. What I don't celebrate are the ties to mythical figures like Jesus.

Also, the absurd claim here involves the existence of a sky being that nobody has scientific, reproducible proof of. I can just as easily say that bigfoot, Cthulhu, UFOs (this might be likely), and the flying spaghetti monster exists. The burden of proof lies on individuals who make such baseless assumptions. Just because an ancient book of stories survived all these years does not give it any legitimacy.

Mety said:

I also believe religions are man-made systems. They exist everywhere, not just in Christ-believing regions. However I do believe in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ. I guess people call that person like me a "Christian."

While many self-claimed Christians have lived hypocritical lives to show how fake moral they can get, that does not distort God Himself and His given words, the Bible. You see, it's always those people giving God a bad name by misrepresenting Him. I believe many if not all of them are not real Christians. And I also do believe they know themselves that they're fake if they think deeply and seriously enough. God has given us to discern and that is called a "conscience."

You believe in science and I do too. But we are in the continuing process of finding new or different results from the science day to day. We don't know 100% accurate of anything even by the science itself since it keeps evolving. But first, can you answer who made the science? Is it just self-existing out of nowhere? The very fact you and I have living cells inside, the very fact we see the heavens and the earth operating in this manner where everything works in orderly ways and does not collide in this universe, the very fact we differ from other animals and creatures, the very fact we have numbers and days and nights in systems... these all speak that the science or every little thing you see (or not see) in this universe is made from a deity. I found that deity to be God by reading the Bible or God led me to find Himself to say it more accurate. You might call or believe that to be something else, but you can't deny there is some kind of force holding all these things together in this universe.

Anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts since you say the religions are something only giving us toxic behaviors and deaths. While I do think man-made religions are bad as well, God is not. Many people misunderstand God as a result of lack of understanding the Scripture or by being taught in wrongs ways by many fake religious leaders.

The answer is that we simply do not know how we got here and to attribute it to a mythical omniscient being is preposterous and shows a lack of analytical and scientific thinking.

Mety said:

The answer is that we simply do not know how we got here and to attribute it to a mythical omniscient being is preposterous and shows a lack of analytical and scientific thinking.

I believe it's actually the other way. The omniscient already provided enough information and the science is busy trying to reverse engineer everything to find the origin of it. Thus your answer of not knowing is correct strictly scientifically speaking.

I personally started with the initially documented scriptures and histories of many nation's witnessed confessions so my answer does not solely rely on what certain scientists have discovered alone.

Mety said:
Mety said:

I believe it's actually the other way. The omniscient already provided enough information and the science is busy trying to reverse engineer everything to find the origin of it. Thus your answer of not knowing is correct strictly scientifically speaking.

I personally started with the initially documented scriptures and histories of many nation's witnessed confessions so my answer does not solely rely on what certain scientists have discovered alone.

All of your documented scriptures and histories are written by sinful, deceitful, conniving humans. If they provided a method to reproduce their findings or irrefutable evidence then it would have value. Otherwise, it's meaningless and holds no basis in fact.

Back