Author Topic: Looking for advice to find a good realtor  (Read 4244 times)

Offline irvinenative1995

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 2
Re: Looking for advice to find a good realtor
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 08:19:05 PM »
Wow.. ok. Came back to this website to a LOT of back and forth.. First and foremost, there is absolutely no reason for our agent to lie to us when she said "this is the most unprofessional experience I have ever had. This guy never called back to let me know what happened despite calling and texting multiple times. Not the same day, not the next day, not a week later. He could have sent a simple text saying seller changed his mind."

I honestly just found it odd to find out the owner changed his mind about selling when we found the 'for rent' posting on our own. Nobody is perfect at all times. It is very human to prioritize other things or forget to call people back/move on to more important things. I am not perfect at my own job and sometimes do not act in the most professional manner 100% of the time. That's ok.

This was just a post meant to share MY experience with the agent, who (unlike what he says on this thread) never responded to our offer when we asked for a response either way multiple times. We were really excited about the property, so we were waiting by the phone. Suits us for getting emotionally invested in the home hunting process...

What I will say is that there is no reason to be untruthful at this point USC.. take it on the chin, but don't tell us our agent is lying to us. What for?? Admit that you were not as professional as you could have been (whatever the reason) and move on.

Offline irvinenative1995

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 08:36:37 PM »
We actually had a horrible experience with USC.. He wasn't representing us.. But we went to tour a property that he had posted on this site (he was representing seller), we put in an offer over asking, and never received a response and then promptly found the property for rent the same day. I understand that people can change their minds about selling, but our agent called multiple times to see what the status was on our offer and was completely ghosted. She said she had never had such an unprofessional experience with another agent!

You lost me at "He wasn't representing us". 

Maybe your agent dropped the ball and put the blame on the convenient "I was ghosted" excuse.  Is that possible?

A review is a review. It seems like a real review from a person that made an actual offer.

Thank you for this. The review wasn't intended to be a personal attack. It was simply a review about my experience with USC. It obviously is out of character for the agent to not be super professional and pleasant to work with, but that was my experience. And no, we have not found a home yet.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2481
  • -Received: 1963
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 11:30:11 PM »
Wow.. ok. Came back to this website to a LOT of back and forth.. First and foremost, there is absolutely no reason for our agent to lie to us when she said "this is the most unprofessional experience I have ever had. This guy never called back to let me know what happened despite calling and texting multiple times. Not the same day, not the next day, not a week later. He could have sent a simple text saying seller changed his mind."

I honestly just found it odd to find out the owner changed his mind about selling when we found the 'for rent' posting on our own. Nobody is perfect at all times. It is very human to prioritize other things or forget to call people back/move on to more important things. I am not perfect at my own job and sometimes do not act in the most professional manner 100% of the time. That's ok.

This was just a post meant to share MY experience with the agent, who (unlike what he says on this thread) never responded to our offer when we asked for a response either way multiple times. We were really excited about the property, so we were waiting by the phone. Suits us for getting emotionally invested in the home hunting process...

What I will say is that there is no reason to be untruthful at this point USC.. take it on the chin, but don't tell us our agent is lying to us. What for?? Admit that you were not as professional as you could have been (whatever the reason) and move on.

I know exactly which offer your agent submitted and when (your offer was submitted early).  Did your agent not share with you that all offers were not going to be reviewed until the evening of the 17th?  It was clearly stated in the private remarks of the listing (as well as on Redfin with the offer deadline of the 17th at 6pm) and I also told all the agents that submitted offers (we had multiple offers on the home) that offers would not be reviewed or responded to until after the 17th.  I don't ghost agents or ignore their calls/texts because that happens to me all the time and I find it annoying and unprofessional so I don't do that to other agents. It's important for me to maintain good working relationships with other agents because you never know when our paths will cross in the future (some of my good relationships have given me inside information that helped my clients get homes that had multiple offers). I know this is a very frustrating time for buyers because it's been almost impossible to get my buyers a home in the past few months but I hope you find the right home in the very near future. Good luck on your search.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline hamilton

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2021, 12:57:08 AM »
Also wanted to pitch in my 2 cents... I have used Martin multiple times to help w real estate transactions ranging from buying, selling, leasing, recommendations for contractors, lenders, etc and he has always been willing to help and answer any questions I might have even if the transaction itself didn't even involve him.  I would recommend anyone with real estate questions reach out to him as he a wealth of knowledge.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 74
  • -Received: 468
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 10:16:41 AM »
you need negative reviews because if it were all positive, it would look fake.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »
you need negative reviews because if it were all positive, it would look fake.

Good point because if all my reviews are all positive it'll look fishy. I'll try to keep the negative reviews to other agents and people that I'm not representing.  :P
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2629
  • -Received: 3968
  • 3CWG
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2021, 12:30:48 PM »
Yes. I think Martin has bad taste in accounting qwerfriends. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 233
  • -Received: 257
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2021, 06:55:14 PM »
Bruh, seriously?  I ain't got a dog in this fight.  Not a client or a potential client of USC.  Just a casual 3rd party observer, and you're out of line.  You are 100% right, he has NO reason to lie to you.  Your agent?

Maybe cut and run and put USC in your corner.  Someone who gets that much repeat business, even across this tiny fishbowl of a web forum, must be doing something right.

Offline AW

• Thanks
  • -Given: 46
  • -Received: 171
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2021, 08:35:15 AM »
First and foremost, there is absolutely no reason for our agent to lie to us when she said "this is the most unprofessional experience I have ever had. This guy never called back to let me know what happened despite calling and texting multiple times. Not the same day, not the next day, not a week later. He could have sent a simple text saying seller changed his mind."

the most unprofessional experience I have ever had...  man... I can tell you firsthand that there are far worse things agents go through dealing with other agents than that

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 74
  • -Received: 468
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2021, 08:40:16 AM »
2008 was when I first started reading USC posts.  So for 13 years we've been on this public board interacting.
In the early years he would post about accounting and real estate to help people understand the numbers.

The real estate thing was a side hustle that became full time as more and more readers used his services.

I don't think he planned to be a realtor, but that is how it happened.
He's actually a certified accountant from USC.

And that is your super hero origins story martin....

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2021, 09:19:02 AM »
2008 was when I first started reading USC posts.  So for 13 years we've been on this public board interacting.
In the early years he would post about accounting and real estate to help people understand the numbers.

The real estate thing was a side hustle that became full time as more and more readers used his services.

I don't think he planned to be a realtor, but that is how it happened.
He's actually a certified accountant from USC.

And that is your super hero origins story martin....

Ahhh yes, the good old Irvine Housing Blog days...the memories. haha  But yes, if someone would have told me 15 years ago that I would be a full-time realtor I would have laughed at them and asked what they were smoking given that I spent so much time and money on my education and career.  However, sometimes you find your passion and calling later in life and I couldn't be any happier being a realtor helping people with their real estate needed.  I enjoy analyzing and posting about it on the forums because I love real estate (my dad fueled by having to work with him doing construction in my high school summers).
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 210
  • -Received: 261
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2021, 09:39:03 AM »
Maybe irvinenative1995 should hire USCTrojanCPA for the next home purchase.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 481
  • -Received: 755
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2021, 10:07:38 AM »
Find the realtor with the max rebate.
Also, that does not have a political agenda.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 210
  • -Received: 261
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »
Everyone is free to have their own political agenda. It's perfectly normal to get along with someone who has a different political opinion than mine... unless the other person doesn't want to get along.

Anyways, I think USC does give a good rebate according to his posts. And he keeps pretty clean on political opinions here. Does that make him a good realtor?

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 481
  • -Received: 755
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
Everyone is free to have their own political agenda. It's perfectly normal to get along with someone who has a different political opinion than mine... unless the other person doesn't want to get along.

Anyways, I think USC does give a good rebate according to his posts. And he keeps pretty clean on political opinions here. Does that make him a good realtor?

Everyone is free to have a political agenda correct. But when buying a house, car, etc. not that many people want to deal with it. (Just sell me the house and car.)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal