The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

I'd guess that it'll be a mix of attached condos, detached condos, and single family homes.  It'll be interesting if Toll builds this whole thing out themselves or if they bring in another builder to build the attached condos.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I'd guess that it'll be a mix of attached condos, detached condos, and single family homes.  It'll be interesting if Toll builds this whole thing out themselves or if they bring in another builder to build the attached condos.

Friend of mine represented the owner on this deal with Toll Bros.
Toll is currently talking with the usual guys shopping it around. Initially Toll was thinking being only builder here. Recently they closed a $200m deal in Montebello, and they are currently in early talks with me about a deal in inland empire. This lake forest development isn't huge especially compared to other stuff they have going on in the area but they are open to not doing it solo. You never know till the ink is dry on the paper. 

This development will add value to Baker Ranch as an elementary school is in the stages of being planned by the local school district. No Mello-Roos is always appealing for Lake Forest, but this might impact the development of the school. Great location near the Lake Forest Sports Park.

Bullsback said:
eyephone said:
I would invest out of state before I look at this.
Why is this? Or are you only talking about purchasing as an investment vs. a property to live in?

Probably just doesn?t know real estate very well. One of those always bearish on RE people.

Nguyen80 said:
Bullsback said:
eyephone said:
I would invest out of state before I look at this.
Why is this? Or are you only talking about purchasing as an investment vs. a property to live in?

Probably just doesn?t know real estate very well. One of those always bearish on RE people.

I guess you can say I don?t know RE that well.
My first purchase was a foreclosure. My other purchase was in 2014.

Kangen.Irvine said:
This development will add value to Baker Ranch as an elementary school is in the stages of being planned by the local school district. No Mello-Roos is always appealing for Lake Forest, but this might impact the development of the school. Great location near the Lake Forest Sports Park.

Is an elementary school confirmed on the site?

Also interesting that the largest is 3600.  Baker Ranch toll brothers homes seem to be very popular wtih the exception of the super large 4000 sq ft ones.  Sounds like Toll Brothers found the sweet spot for families in this area. 

Interested in seeing the plans. I like the location. I still can?t believe that nursery is going to be gone. I?m not used to seeing it any other way.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Also interesting that the largest is 3600.  Baker Ranch toll brothers homes seem to be very popular wtih the exception of the super large 4000 sq ft ones.  Sounds like Toll Brothers found the sweet spot for families in this area. 

Sweet spot for home sizes seem to be 2,500sf to 3,500sf nowadays as people want more space.

This will be a pretty nice area to call home; I just hope they connect trails between Baker Ranch?s Borrego Trail to the LF Sports Park. The Serrano Creek Trail is already nice and the proximity to the Sheriff?s substation is never a negative.

Kangen.Irvine said:
This will be a pretty nice area to call home; I just hope they connect trails between Baker Ranch?s Borrego Trail to the LF Sports Park. The Serrano Creek Trail is already nice and the proximity to the Sheriff?s substation is never a negative.

I'm hoping between The Meadows, Serrano Summit, and Baker Ranch, they can start putting in one or two nicer restaurants and a higher end grocery store.  The Ralphs here sucks.

Those large Summit plans are actually very popular.

irviniteeee said:
Interested in seeing the plans. I like the location. I still can?t believe that nursery is going to be gone. I?m not used to seeing it any other way.

The plans are quite nice. You'll like them.

Kangen.Irvine said:

I have been writing Trader Joe?s for the past couple of years to open a store in the Rancho shopping center. It would do extremely well in this area for a variety of reasons.

I'm hoping between The Meadows, Serrano Summit, and Baker Ranch, they can start putting in one or two nicer restaurants and a higher end grocery store.  The Ralphs here sucks.

Hi TI members,
Without mello roos, who is responsible to build school allocated on the site provided by Toll Brothers?
I looked at EIR document from LF city, Toll Brothers only provided the land, environment study, architecture design but not responsible to build the school. SVUSD said they don't have financial means to do it. They have until 2024 to decide whether to build a school or not. If the school is not built, Toll Brothers will build more houses on the school site.
I was keen to grow my family here due to a new school on site, but now I felt like this is a marketing gimmick by TB. The surrounding schools are already overcrowding due to kids from Baker Ranch and IronRidge.

Also, this site is towered by 2 hotels on higher elevation (one on Bake and the other on LF drive). In fact the whole development site is on lower elevation than the surrounding roads/commercial buildings. Would this impact resale in the future?

EIR on elementary school (page 394):https://lakeforestca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/10939/Meadows-Final-EIR-Vol-I

Back