Author Topic: The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 96
  • -Received: 37
    • Change Your Water, Change Your Life!
Re: The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 02:07:43 PM »
This will be a pretty nice area to call home; I just hope they connect trails between Baker Ranch’s Borrego Trail to the LF Sports Park. The Serrano Creek Trail is already nice and the proximity to the Sheriff’s substation is never a negative.

Offline ThirtySomethingWEquity

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 13
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
This will be a pretty nice area to call home; I just hope they connect trails between Baker Ranch’s Borrego Trail to the LF Sports Park. The Serrano Creek Trail is already nice and the proximity to the Sheriff’s substation is never a negative.

I'm hoping between The Meadows, Serrano Summit, and Baker Ranch, they can start putting in one or two nicer restaurants and a higher end grocery store.  The Ralphs here sucks.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 17
  • -Received: 67
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 04:50:43 PM »
Also interesting that the largest is 3600.  Baker Ranch toll brothers homes seem to be very popular wtih the exception of the super large 4000 sq ft ones.  Sounds like Toll Brothers found the sweet spot for families in this area.

Those large Summit plans are actually very popular.

Interested in seeing the plans. I like the location. I still can’t believe that nursery is going to be gone. I’m not used to seeing it any other way.

The plans are quite nice. You'll like them.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 07:06:55 PM »

I have been writing Trader Joe’s for the past couple of years to open a store in the Rancho shopping center. It would do extremely well in this area for a variety of reasons.

I'm hoping between The Meadows, Serrano Summit, and Baker Ranch, they can start putting in one or two nicer restaurants and a higher end grocery store.  The Ralphs here sucks.

Offline NotAnEarlyBird

• Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2021, 07:56:56 AM »
Hi TI members,
Without mello roos, who is responsible to build school allocated on the site provided by Toll Brothers?
I looked at EIR document from LF city, Toll Brothers only provided the land, environment study, architecture design but not responsible to build the school. SVUSD said they don't have financial means to do it. They have until 2024 to decide whether to build a school or not. If the school is not built, Toll Brothers will build more houses on the school site.
I was keen to grow my family here due to a new school on site, but now I felt like this is a marketing gimmick by TB. The surrounding schools are already overcrowding due to kids from Baker Ranch and IronRidge.

Also, this site is towered by 2 hotels on higher elevation (one on Bake and the other on LF drive). In fact the whole development site is on lower elevation than the surrounding roads/commercial buildings. Would this impact resale in the future?

EIR on elementary school (page 394):
https://lakeforestca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/10939/Meadows-Final-EIR-Vol-I
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:09:40 AM by NotAnEarlyBird »

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2730
  • -Received: 1823
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 10:49:23 AM »
School are always the responsibility of the school district. The question is always where does the money come from to build and operate it. Toll already provided the land. You would think all of incremental property tax dollars would suffice from all of the new builds in the are but I’m not familiar with how property taxes make their way to schools.

Offline NotAnEarlyBird

• Thanks
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 11:54:16 AM »
School are always the responsibility of the school district. The question is always where does the money come from to build and operate it. Toll already provided the land. You would think all of incremental property tax dollars would suffice from all of the new builds in the are but I’m not familiar with how property taxes make their way to schools.

Thanks for your reply. Saw in LF city website, Baker Ranch builders did pay fees to SVUSD. I guess SVUSD used the money "somewhere else".

How much have the developers of the Baker Ranch project paid in fees to the Saddleback Valley Unified School District to support the additional elementary school students who will be attending Foothill Ranch Elementary School?
The Shea-Baker Ranch Development Agreement includes a School Mitigation Agreement between the District and the developer, requiring the developer to pay an impact fee to the school district totaling $8,540 per housing unit prior to pulling any building permits. The City does not collect or administer the use of these funds.

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »
Areas collect fees in different ways. While newer IUSD schools appear to be funded by MR, SVUSD has chosen for the developers to pay one time fees based upon square footage and zoning. The benefit to the homeowners is not having decades of MR to budget, but this does require homeowners to hold the local school board accountable for allocating these funds to the local area. SVUSD is closing an elementary school in Mission Viejo, but there will be tremendous overcrowding at the elementary schools serving Baker Ranch.

In the end, the community members need to share their concerns if they want a school in this area.

Offline ryan3398

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2021, 12:46:25 AM »
any guess on the starting price?

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 795
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2021, 01:05:00 AM »
any guess on the starting price?

A lot more than it was slated to be a month ago.  I’m sure Toll Brothers are licking their chops with all the frothiness in the market right now.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2647
  • -Received: 3994
  • 3CWG
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2021, 10:38:31 AM »
I actually passed by this area over the weekend.

Just like Baker Ranch, this area strange with the mix of industrial, commercial and "to be built" space. It's nice that it's near that huge Lake Forest sports park and gym but it's just a location I wouldn't be too keen to buy in being right on Lake Forest.

And like Foothill Ranch, this area is so far from major freeways. There is quite a bit of retail and restaurants in the area but if you're not working remote or for a company that close to this place... that drive would bother me. You could take the toll road but that doesn't connect to the 5/405 that easily.

The fence banners says "Luxury" but I think that really only refers to the price.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline ThirtySomethingWEquity

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 13
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2021, 11:38:07 AM »
I actually passed by this area over the weekend.

Just like Baker Ranch, this area strange with the mix of industrial, commercial and "to be built" space. It's nice that it's near that huge Lake Forest sports park and gym but it's just a location I wouldn't be too keen to buy in being right on Lake Forest.

And like Foothill Ranch, this area is so far from major freeways. There is quite a bit of retail and restaurants in the area but if you're not working remote or for a company that close to this place... that drive would bother me. You could take the toll road but that doesn't connect to the 5/405 that easily.

The fence banners says "Luxury" but I think that really only refers to the price.

The Greak Parks and Altair aren't near the freeway at all either, arguably even more inconvenient to get to the freeway from Altair.  In off hours it takes me about 8 minutes to get to the 5/405 interchange from Baker Ranch if I take Alton.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2647
  • -Received: 3994
  • 3CWG
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2021, 12:00:00 PM »
Yes... but that's also why I didn't buy out in Portola Springs.

But GP is closer to the 5 than Meadows is.

In off hours it's faster to everything... but having traveled Bake/Lake Forest during busy hours... it's a lot longer than 8 minutes.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1020
  • -Received: 1209
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2021, 12:09:32 PM »
It's about 5-6 miles from the 405 to Baker Ranch on surface streets. 8 minutes to drive from freeway to doorstop isn't a big chore. Even at 10-15 minutes it's still 30ish MPH on average.

I'd consider it a tough sell if I had school aged kids. Overcrowding is inevitable and private school options are very limited. Also, there is a reason the property was formerly a very large nursery - it's located in a valley with limited wind impact so the heat there can be stifling. Great for plants, but.... The property used to have a few powered windmills just to keep airflow going in Summer, and keep the property warmer during Winter chills.

My .02c
My .02c

SGIP

Offline ryan3398

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2021, 02:05:31 AM »
I have heard multiple versions on Presale date & starting Price.  some agent said presale start on June and start from 900k,  105k, 120k, don't know where they get those information. 

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by akula1488
[Today at 12:36:18 PM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by nosuchreality
[Today at 11:40:20 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by Ready2Downsize
[Today at 10:47:10 AM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by Ready2Downsize