Author Topic: COVID-19 Vaccine Questions  (Read 9515 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2644
  • -Received: 3988
  • 3CWG
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Questions
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »
According to Newsom, J&J was only 4% of vaccines in Cali.

Tons of Moderna/Pfizer appointments available on Othena... get your vax on!
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline UrvineLegend

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2021, 09:34:58 PM »
If they keep the J&J out of circulation there's going to be quite a rush for the other two vaccines. As of yesterday 2/3 of the available shots to be scheduled were J&J. Combine a krimp in access (short term...) and the floodgates opening on the 16th, it's going to get interesting quickly.

I guess also that distribution for the vaccine might be overweighted in some Counties. Need a shot in OC? Depends.... maybe today, maybe another day. Out in Riverside and SB County? It's wide open. They seem to have cornered the market on excess vaccine shots.
I just got my shot in Riverside.  16+ since last week.  First come first serve.  No Othena to tell you when you can make appt.  I was able to get it there because I work in Corona, but nobody questioned me even though my address is in Irvine.  They simply don't care.  I had my company badge and letter with me just in case.  I'm hoping to get my second shot here though, so that I don't have to drive there.

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 118
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2021, 07:18:18 AM »
If they keep the J&J out of circulation there's going to be quite a rush for the other two vaccines. As of yesterday 2/3 of the available shots to be scheduled were J&J. Combine a krimp in access (short term...) and the floodgates opening on the 16th, it's going to get interesting quickly.

I guess also that distribution for the vaccine might be overweighted in some Counties. Need a shot in OC? Depends.... maybe today, maybe another day. Out in Riverside and SB County? It's wide open. They seem to have cornered the market on excess vaccine shots.
I just got my shot in Riverside.  16+ since last week.  First come first serve.  No Othena to tell you when you can make appt.  I was able to get it there because I work in Corona, but nobody questioned me even though my address is in Irvine.  They simply don't care.  I had my company badge and letter with me just in case.  I'm hoping to get my second shot here though, so that I don't have to drive there.

Othena was easy for me to use, not sure how making an appt after 2-3 days after signup is an issue.  Soka doesn't ask any questions, just need ID. 

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1009
  • -Received: 1199
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2021, 09:01:56 AM »
1st Shot was in Riverside. 2nd is in Irvine.

Some sites don't ask "Is this your 1st or 2nd shot?" so signing up for your second dose can be a bit confusing. My 2nd was eligible starting on the 22nd, so technically I was eligible on 4/1 to schedule the follow up dose. Most of the commercial sites (Walgreens, Kroger, Albertsons) said "Wait until you're eligible to schedule". I backtracked my 1st dose date from 4/1 to 3/15 and suddenly all of these appointments around 4/22 opened up. You'll have to play with some of the unique quirks of each scheduling system to get a 2nd dose appointment.
My .02c

SGIP

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 118
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2021, 10:18:02 AM »

Some sites don't ask "Is this your 1st or 2nd shot?" so signing up for your second dose can be a bit confusing. My 2nd was eligible starting on the 22nd, so technically I was eligible on 4/1 to schedule the follow up dose. Most of the commercial sites (Walgreens, Kroger, Albertsons) said "Wait until you're eligible to schedule". I backtracked my 1st dose date from 4/1 to 3/15 and suddenly all of these appointments around 4/22 opened up. You'll have to play with some of the unique quirks of each scheduling system to get a 2nd dose appointment.

Othena automatically sets up your 2nd appt within minutes of getting your first shot, to exactly 3 weeks at the same time. 

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 668
  • -Received: 447
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2021, 11:29:24 AM »
I think the most revealing thing on this thread is how many Irvine residents have no qualms about lying or taking cuts when it benefits them personally.  I bet you guys cheat on your taxes and fudge on your mortgage applications too. 

Taking a scarce resource away from those that need it most is not a benefit to society.  Stop trying to pretend you are doing the world a favor by stealing from the sick and elderly.

• Thanks
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2021, 11:41:34 AM »
So far (without leapfrogging) Othena said I could go to the OC Fair anytime for my J&J shot..... until late yesterday when they switched to Moderna. It's because I am over 50. It will be interesting to see how the appointment volume may shift once the "Anyone over 16" availability opens up.

My .02c

SGIP

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »
I booked my first shot tomorrow through Othena at OC Fairgrounds... Pfizer.

If I grow a 3rd eye... I'll let you know.
I recommend:

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 176
  • -Received: 276
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2021, 03:43:04 PM »
I booked my first shot tomorrow through Othena at OC Fairgrounds... Pfizer.

If I grow a 3rd eye... I'll let you know.

Don't worry. So far my observation shows the most prominent side effect is the inability to shut up about getting the covid vaccine.

Good luck  ;)

Offline Bullsback

• Thanks
  • -Given: 19
  • -Received: 132
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2021, 03:43:45 PM »

CVS gave me my 1st and 2nd does appointment at the time I booked. 

• Thanks
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2021, 04:20:45 PM »
@Irvinehomeowner - Given that it's Pfizer (as was mine) if there are side effects, I'd hope they would be similar to a product they are better known for.

@Bullsback My 1st shot provider did the same, but didn't want to drive back out to Riverside. I had to re-book through another provider for the 2nd dose. Just passing along the process should a reader want some 1st hand knowledge on one of many ways to get this task accomplished.
My .02c

SGIP

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 268
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2021, 04:22:02 PM »
So J&J vaccines are no longer avail? One of my family members had an appointment this week. I wonder if that's canceled. 

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2021, 06:54:11 PM »
So J&J vaccines are no longer avail? One of my family members had an appointment this week. I wonder if that's canceled. 

They will probably replace with Pfizer/Moderna or reschedule.

Got my first Pfizer earlier today (legit)...  OC Fair sent me to walk-in because drive-thru was crowded. It was pretty quick except for the fact that where you park is probably the farthest you can be from the vax area (#needatram).

The 15-minute sitting area is an honor system and I was silently policing people who were not waiting the full 15 minutes. One kid sat down for a minute and left, another girl went straight to the exit. I talked to one of the "monitors" and he said that it's really for their own good and that the other day he saw 2 seizures right at the 15 minute mark in the drive-thru waiting area (fact or fiction?). A lady in front of me was getting antsy because she said she was feeling dizzy and so another monitor gave her a bottle of water. I left after 15 minutes on the dot so not sure what happened with her.

I'll try to do the drive-thru on my 2nd shot but not really up to me.

I used Othena to book which was pretty effortless too... if you do all the pre-screening ahead of time it's a very fast check-in.

Get your vax, wear your mask, eat at Stacks. :)
I recommend:

Offline UrvineLegend

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2021, 09:59:37 PM »
Today is the first day anyone over 16 in CA becomes eligible for Covid shot and I got bombarded with emails and messages from both Othena and MyturnCA telling me to make an appt.  Geez, I should've just waited and got my first shot here instead of driving all the way to Riverside.  Oh well, I will just get my second shot here by making an appoint for first shot via Othena.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 532
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2021, 10:12:32 PM »
They’re running out of arms all over.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters