Author Topic: COVID-19 Vaccine Questions  (Read 7881 times)

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 171
  • -Received: 269
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine Questions
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2021, 01:38:23 PM »
I'm going to wait until the J&J vaccine is available because I don't want to deal with 2 shots along with the negative symptoms after the 2nd shot from the mRNA vaccines.

FYI, March 9th appointments at the Anaheim convention center already has the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as an available option.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline zubs

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 75
  • -Received: 477
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2021, 10:29:18 AM »
I talked to some friends, and some of them are lying to get the vaccine with a 50% success rate.
So they would lie to the website where you get appointments.

When they walked up to get the shot, some let them through while other door keepers checked credentials.

So if you're a shady type, you can just get an appointment over and over til you actually get a shot....

Ofcourse biden said may 1st everyone over 18 will be eligible, so can just be lazy about it for another 1.5 months.

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 98
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2021, 10:46:06 AM »
I believe starting today, people will not be screened prior to getting the vaccine. It's an honor system as there's no practical way to prove you're "at-risk" and could be considered discrimination to certain classes.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-15/california-covid-vaccine-eligibility-news-what-to-know

Use my referral link to receive 1,000 free Supercharger miles with the purchase and delivery of a new Tesla car, or earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels:

https://ts.la/jonathan28387

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 544
  • -Received: 186
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2021, 01:34:05 PM »
I talked to some friends

In addition to folks taking the chance that they aren't asked for proof of eligibility, I've also had similar conversations with folks who had a connection at a hospital or a home health care business and got the shots early.  Maybe not the right quote, but "... finds a way"

It might not really make a difference given how things are ramping up.

Offline GenericIrvineResident

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »
Do we just sign up via Othena and lie about our conditions?  >:D

All the FYIGM people just breathed a collective sigh of excitement

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2522
  • -Received: 2020
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2021, 05:57:53 PM »
Do we just sign up via Othena and lie about our conditions?  >:D

All the FYIGM people just breathed a collective sigh of excitement

I was going to try to sign up at a CVS in a few weeks.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2021, 10:44:08 PM »
The Soka University site in Aliso Viejo is much better run than the Anaheim sites.

This is from both personal experience and many co-workers.

At the Soka site, they never check for your professional license. Only driver's license to verify the appointment.

So technically, one can pretend to be in group 1B, sign up via Othena app, and get vaccinated at Soka.

For people who cannot make it during weekdays, try to setup your 1st appoint on weekends because your 2nd shot appointment is automatically set for 21 days after your 1st. If you get your 1st shot on a Sunday, your 2nd shot will also be scheduled on a Sunday. It's a big hassel to reschedule via the Othena app.

FYI, the Othena App will only auto-send notification once after signing up. If you do not take the first available appointment offered, the app will NOT notify you again. You have to manually open the app and check every time to see if there's available appointment.

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 75
  • -Received: 477
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2021, 10:29:05 AM »
I heard if your BMI is over 30, then you can be considered having a pre-existing condition & get into group 1B
so all you fatties....go get it!

Offline spootieho

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 154
  • -Received: 86
  • Somewhere in Irvine
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2021, 02:20:17 AM »
I think it's 47 or something crazy high.

If you are black or latino, you can get an accessibility code.  (It's a racist equity thing)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 484
  • -Received: 761
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2021, 08:09:36 AM »

If you are black or latino, you can get an accessibility code.  (It's a racist equity thing)

This is coming from a person who does not like to use the term Karen.

Offline hurijo

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 14
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2021, 11:36:33 AM »
I went to Anaheim convention center and they didn't check anything besides driver's license. This was over a week ago. I imagine it will be more lax as time goes on.

The Soka University site in Aliso Viejo is much better run than the Anaheim sites.

At the Soka site, they never check for your professional license. Only driver's license to verify the appointment.

So technically, one can pretend to be in group 1B, sign up via Othena app, and get vaccinated at Soka.

For people who cannot make it during weekdays, try to setup your 1st appoint on weekends because your 2nd shot appointment is automatically set for 21 days after your 1st. If you get your 1st shot on a Sunday, your 2nd shot will also be scheduled on a Sunday. It's a big hassel to reschedule via the Othena app.

FYI, the Othena App will only auto-send notification once after signing up. If you do not take the first available appointment offered, the app will NOT notify you again. You have to manually open the app and check every time to see if there's available appointment.

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2021, 12:51:09 PM »
I went to Anaheim convention center and they didn't check anything besides driver's license. This was over a week ago. I imagine it will be more lax as time goes on.

Appreciate the update.

My info on Anaheim is not the most updated since I got my 1st shot in Anaheim more than a month ago.

They were very thorough checking professional license & proof of eligibility back then.

I think loosening up is the right move.

Turning away people who already took the time to book the appointment and drove all the way there is counter-productive at this point.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2021, 01:17:21 PM »
Another vaccine might come to open market in the US.

Biden administration says data on AstraZeneca vaccine 'encouraging,' but awaits FDA decision

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-administration-says-data-on-astra-zeneca-vaccine-encouraging-but-awaits-fda-decision-183509113.html

Offline GenericIrvineResident

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »

I'm Latino, and have not received a code. There is no way for me to get a code either, as I don't live in a hard-hit area.

Are you talking about this? https://ktla.com/news/local-news/vaccine-access-codes-intended-for-black-latino-communities-being-misused-by-wealthier-l-a-areas/

Stop trying to make it a race/ethnicity thing when it's clearly a class issue.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2021, 01:50:57 PM »

I'm Latino, and have not received a code. There is no way for me to get a code either, as I don't live in a hard-hit area.

Are you talking about this? https://ktla.com/news/local-news/vaccine-access-codes-intended-for-black-latino-communities-being-misused-by-wealthier-l-a-areas/

Stop trying to make it a race/ethnicity thing when it's clearly a class issue.

Thanks for your post. Do not mind the other person. Some people act like boomers and it is hard for them to adjust. Be safe and have a good one.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Apple New Products by aquabliss
[Today at 02:03:13 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:15:59 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:11:18 AM]

Re: Apple New Products by zovall