OC Register - 2 years for $10 deal is back

Hard pass. I don't support any sort of paywall journalism. Put ads on the screen and the article.

Sadly... I rarely read our Sunday paper anymore so it usually goes straight to the recycle bin. For the first few weeks it was nostalgic but just not enough time.

And I still haven't got my online subscription to work yet. :(

First I thought they are paying me $10 to sign up and I thought I was going to pass.

After reading carefully, my response is "I'd rather drop a $10 bill intentionally in a WBTC parking lot..."

I wouldn?t subscribe to OC Register if they paid me $100 for 2 years.  You?ll never be able to cancel.  The paper and bills will keep coming and will haunt you like nothing you?ve ever seen.

Want to cancel you say?  Just call customer service, be prepared to wait on hold for 2 hours each time.  Then when/if you finally get through they either lose connection while transferring you to cancellation supervisor (how convenient), or they say they have cancelled you and guess what, the paper still shows up and your credit card gets billed.  Just call them back and wait on hold 2 hours to get this sorted, no problem.

This combination of things happened to me about 5-6 times.  After speaking to multiple supervisors, sending emails, contacting BBB, and waiting up at 5am to flag down my delivery driver, one day the paper stopped coming.  It was better than any Christmas morning when that happened.

If you enjoy pain and mental anguish, please subscribe.  I swear if I ever go through a bad divorce my wife will subscribe me to the Register as payback. 

aquabliss said:
I wouldn?t subscribe to OC Register if they paid me $100 for 2 years.  You?ll never be able to cancel.  The paper and bills will keep coming and will haunt you like nothing you?ve ever seen.

Want to cancel you say?  Just call customer service, be prepared to wait on hold for 2 hours each time.  Then when/if you finally get through they either lose connection while transferring you to cancellation supervisor (how convenient), or they say they have cancelled you and guess what, the paper still shows up and your credit card gets billed.  Just call them back and wait on hold 2 hours to get this sorted, no problem.

This combination of things happened to me about 5-6 times.  After speaking to multiple supervisors, sending emails, contacting BBB, and waiting up at 5am to flag down my delivery driver, one day the paper stopped coming.  It was better than any Christmas morning when that happened.

If you enjoy pain and mental anguish, please subscribe.  I swear if I ever go through a bad divorce my wife will subscribe me to the Register as payback. 

Wow, that sounds like complete torture.  Glad I never subscribed to any papers.  haha

Back