Subzero Refrigerator

lovingit

Do Subzero fridges ever go on sale or are they always retail price to what it says on their website?  I am looking for retail seller and found Pacific Sales but their low reviews are making me think twice about buying from them.  Ferguson and Expressions Home Gallery came up but I've never dealt with any of them before.  Any other places owners have had great experiences with delivery and installation and pricing?

lovingit said:
Do Subzero fridges ever go on sale or are they always retail price to what it says on their website?  I am looking for retail seller and found Pacific Sales but their low reviews are making me think twice about buying from them.  Ferguson and Expressions Home Gallery came up but I've never dealt with any of them before.  Any other places owners have had great experiences with delivery and installation and pricing?

Pacific Sales is a subsidiary of Best Buy. Last time we purchased a built-in fridge (not a SZ) Pacific sales had the best price but Best Buy price matched. Delivery through BB was great, they came back a second time at no cost because the builder had to rework the kitchen cabinet.

We had our 10+ year U.S. built Maytag refrigerator fail on us the week before Christmas. Soylent Red reached out to Saddleback Appliances for a rare-ish unit that had the bells and whistles she wanted.

(https://www.saddlebackappliances.com/)

They performed crisply, locating the unit in SoCal and had a very quick installation set for us. A tough thing to do given the time of year we're in. They were also at a $600 or so lower price for similar models elsewhere. I don't know if they have the model you are considering, but you may want to consider local vs big box.

My .02c

lovingit said:

Pricing is fixed by the manufacturer (Unilateral Minimum Resale Price) as with most high-end appliance brands.

Sometimes SZ will offer manufacturer rebates when you bundle a purchase with Wolf/Cove but otherwise there is little ability to negotiate on price, other than on delivery or installation.

The builder sometimes gets volume discounts so it may be cheaper to go through the builder, which has the advantage of financing through your mortgage and saving on sales tax, but then you pay property tax on it forever.

If you decide to purchase on your own, go to PIRCH in Costa Mesa. The service is excellent and they do their own installation as opposed to Ferguson.

lovingit said:

They are never on sale.  Most high end appliance companies including SZ have set prices and force all their sellers to abide by the prices they set.  I can tell you that if you buy with pacific sales, they will install for free and they will use an authorized installer which will get you an extra year of warranty.  Also consider opening a credit card with them, which will get you 10% back in best buy rewards.  So essentially you wont get a SZ cheaper but you will get extra stuff for free.

btw I highly recommend the integrated columns and go as big as possible since the price increases for the bigger sizes are not so great relative to the cost of SZs. 

lovingit said:
What happened with the cabinets?

It was too wide by half an inch, an easy fix but I'm glad the installers checked it before bringing in the fridge from the garage.

So all Pacific Sales uses third party delivery and installation?
I also noticed low ratings for Pacific Sales but wasn?t sure why.

Do these places typically charge extra to deliver and install??
kpatnps said:
lovingit said:

They are never on sale.  Most high end appliance companies including SZ have set prices and force all their sellers to abide by the prices they set.  I can tell you that if you buy with pacific sales, they will install for free and they will use an authorized installer which will get you an extra year of warranty.  Also consider opening a credit card with them, which will get you 10% back in best buy rewards.  So essentially you wont get a SZ cheaper but you will get extra stuff for free.

btw I highly recommend the integrated columns and go as big as possible since the price increases for the bigger sizes are not so great relative to the cost of SZs.

Yes it seems they use third party delivery and for sure 3rd party installers.  They get low ratings because most their sales people are A-holes and not very knowledgeable.  A word of advice, never go to the plumbing dept off their Irvine location.  There is a grumpy old lady that works there that seems unhappy with life.

irvineboy said:
So all Pacific Sales uses third party delivery and installation?
I also noticed low ratings for Pacific Sales but wasn?t sure why.

Do these places typically charge extra to deliver and install??
kpatnps said:
lovingit said:

If sub sets the price and Pacific Sales has such bad service, then I don?t get why people don?t just buy from other retailers like Pirch and Ferguson like others mentioned?

Prior to the Best Buy buyout, PacSales was a upper middle class ?high end? retailer.  In the late 90s, early 2000s housing boom, it was the place to get brand prominent appliances.

It?s still riding those old coattails and consolidation in the segment for those that don?t want the warehouse Depot/Lowe?s or haven?t found or are not comfortable with dedicated retailer and really want the big box store feel and ?got a deal?

I?m jaded and a cynic.

irvineboy said:
If sub sets the price and Pacific Sales has such bad service, then I don?t get why people don?t just buy from other retailers like Pirch and Ferguson like others mentioned?

I bought from them because I got 10% back on best buy rewards as well as a free install with a certified installer which gave me an extra year of warranty.  Furthermore I went to Ferguson and Pirch as well.  I didnt think they were that great.  In all honesty they are all sales people trying to make a buck.  Nothing special about any of them.

Expressions Home Gallery in Irvine is selling it for a bit less than MSRP.  Ferguson and Pacific Sales is selling it at MSRP and have higher install fees. 

Back