Author Topic: all American asphalt  (Read 6705 times)

Offline Lurkus

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
Re: all American asphalt
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2022, 12:02:27 AM »
https://voiceofoc.org/2022/07/irvine-asphalt-factory-relocation-settlement-expected-within-60-days-after-three-year-fight%ef%bf%bc/

But at a city council meeting last week, Chi said he “anticipates” that a proposed settlement agreement will be back within 60 days.
“We think we have a framework AAA has tentatively agreed to,” Chi said. “Key issues we’re still resolving are identifying a different site they may be relocating to.”

Seems like an important point to have an alternative site identified, to have any meaningful relocation settlement... But at least some news.

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2022, 06:51:21 AM »
“My grandparents came to visit us to find a home … so they could live in our community,” said Eric, a public commenter at the council’s July 12 meeting. “My grandparents are from Beijing, where the air is not the best. So what is telling is that when they got out here, they had to stop their daily walks, because they said their eyes would burn and sting from the air.”

Hard for me to believe the air quality is worse than Beijing. Translation: we just got our money out of communist China and we want our real estate investment value to go up once AAA is gone.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline CalBears96

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2022, 10:47:24 AM »
“My grandparents came to visit us to find a home … so they could live in our community,” said Eric, a public commenter at the council’s July 12 meeting. “My grandparents are from Beijing, where the air is not the best. So what is telling is that when they got out here, they had to stop their daily walks, because they said their eyes would burn and sting from the air.”

Hard for me to believe the air quality is worse than Beijing. Translation: we just got our money out of communist China and we want our real estate investment value to go up once AAA is gone.

We visited Beijing in 2018 and I have to say that I've never been anywhere that has worse air quality than Beijing. One evening, the air smelled like rotten egg.

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 27
  • -Received: 42
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2022, 12:16:20 PM »
“We think we have a framework AAA has tentatively agreed to,”  Time to get on OH4 interest list.

TIC has money & power to do whatever they want in Irvine.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by marmott
[Yesterday at 11:08:29 PM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by daedalus
[Yesterday at 10:39:58 PM]

Re: 3 Decomposed Bodies Found in Irvine Home by aquabliss
[Yesterday at 09:59:06 PM]

Re: Junk fooding by aquabliss