Author Topic: all American asphalt  (Read 6706 times)

Offline curious george

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 65
  • -Received: 2
all American asphalt
« on: December 17, 2020, 10:56:33 PM »
Were complaints only from Orchard hills or also Northwood and Eastwood?

Irvine investigating factory for potentially toxic fumes after pressure from residents and UCI advisors.
https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/entertainment/story/2020-12-16/all-american-asphalt

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 128
Re: all American asphalt
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 05:44:22 AM »
OH, some Eastwood, and a few Northwood ppl chimed in on Nextdoor.  I think there was a thread on here and some TI members said they couldn't smell a thing in OH, so its YMMV for the various neighborhoods.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline misme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 45
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 03:27:25 PM »
OH, some Eastwood, and a few Northwood ppl chimed in on Nextdoor.  I think there was a thread on here and some TI members said they couldn't smell a thing in OH, so its YMMV for the various neighborhoods.

I smell nothing in the Groves side of OH. Which makes sense considering how much farther west it is. I think most of it is concentrated along the Jeffrey corridor. On Nextdoor there were complaints from Stonegate as well.

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 468
  • -Received: 715
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 10:33:00 AM »

I smell nothing in the Groves side of OH. Which makes sense considering how much farther west it is. I think most of it is concentrated along the Jeffrey corridor. On Nextdoor there were complaints from Stonegate as well.

It must be the guard gate. Guaranteed to keep criminals and toxic fumes out of your community.  :)

Offline misme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 45
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »

It must be the guard gate. Guaranteed to keep criminals and toxic fumes out of your community.  :)

It has nothing to do with the gate, just geography. I'm pretty sure Reserves which is even more hoity toity with its guard gate, vaunted IUSD and higher elevations  is not immune to the fumes due to location, closer to Jeffrey and the plant.  Waiting for residents of the Reserves to jump down my throat now...

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2937
  • -Received: 2296
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 03:09:19 PM »
There were people protesting the American Asphalt on the corner of Culver/Portola mid day today, a small group on every corner of the intersection.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1128
  • -Received: 1294
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 04:24:14 PM »
This is what happens when you don't read the Terms of Service disclosures (so to speak). How is this a surprise to owners in the area? Didn't the builders tell everyone about nearby hazards?

My guess is that they are more at risk from the soil beneath them - given all of the fertilizer, oil smoke residue (during the time the orange groves were there) and all of the Native American bones buried nearby - than from any airborne particles.

My .02vc
My .02c

SGIP

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 155
  • -Received: 582
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
Its okay they sell girl scout cookies now.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2937
  • -Received: 2296
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »
Its okay they sell girl scout cookies now.

Mmmmmm thin mints. :D
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline Seeding

• Thanks
  • -Given: 106
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 02:01:40 PM »
This is what happens when you don't read the Terms of Service disclosures (so to speak). How is this a surprise to owners in the area? Didn't the builders tell everyone about nearby hazards?

My guess is that they are more at risk from the soil beneath them - given all of the fertilizer, oil smoke residue (during the time the orange groves were there) and all of the Native American bones buried nearby - than from any airborne particles.

My .02vc

Actually, the builders didn't disclose about All American Asphalt until 2018 or later for those in the Reserve. For those of us who bought in Eastwood before that, there was no disclosure. The public report I have listed hazards from the electrical substations, wireless facilities to the Bowerman Landfill, but not All American Asphalt.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1128
  • -Received: 1294
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 02:59:23 PM »
Interesting. Nothing from either HOA either? Seems odd in this day and age not to have this listed. Could it be a distance issue? Example - OH would not have required disclosures about the 5 freeway and it's noise or pollution because of distance. Same with the landfill given how far away it is. Perhaps a disclosure about the 261 is in there, but zip a dee doo dah about American Asphalt seems out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the perspective.
My .02c

SGIP

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 343
Irvine asphalt factory cited again for odors
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 06:09:22 PM »

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 56
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 06:45:54 PM »
maybe we should have each of these cars in front of the sales office in OH and EW :)

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 118
  • -Received: 63
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 07:55:47 AM »
Sometimes I blame this on the city for allowing to build  on the edges of the city. The plant was possibly build years ago at a distance from homes.
OH4 will likely be closest. The plant is right behind the Orchard.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 08:11:50 AM by Irvinehomeseeker »

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »
maybe we should have each of these cars in front of the sales office in OH and EW :)

looks to be an attempt to reduce demand for new builds in North Irvineā€¦I guess some FCBs are being priced out.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Serrano Summit | Lake Forest by Sysko
[Today at 12:31:24 AM]

Re: New communities in Portola Springs by mellorooster
[Today at 12:04:03 AM]

Re: Great Park - Solis Park by sleepy5136
[Today at 12:03:05 AM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by marmott