Author Topic: Issues with new home build?  (Read 1806 times)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2423
  • -Received: 1919
Re: Issues with new home build?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »
The first thing that I tell my new home buyers once they get into contract on a new home is that they need to get a home inspection.  Half of them question my recommendation saying that it's a new home and don't feel that they need to "spend the extra money" on a home inspection because they have a blank 1-year home warranty from the home builder (the sales office says the same thing to try to encourage the buyer not to do a home inspection). My response back to them is that new homes were built by people and people make mistakes and that only a good home inspector will catch things that the builder, the buyer, or I will never discover. Some of my new home buyers do 3 inspections with the inspector (pre-drywall, prior to closing, and then at the 11-month mark) but most skip the pre-drywall inspection and just do the last two. If the builder pushes back on the inspection then push back harder because this is a huge purchase. A home inspection is great piece of mind and will for sure uncover issues (most may be minor) that may have never discovered.

Anyhow, a home inspection should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be done whether it's on a new or resale home. As mentioned by CogNeuroSci, the inspector that everyone should use for a new home purchase is Steve with Bilt-Rite (714-777-9111).

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bilt-rite-property-inspections-and-consulting-llc-yorba-linda-2?osq=bilt+rite
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 05:51:53 PM by USCTrojanCPA »
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline kpatnps

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 6
Re: Issues with new home build?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2020, 05:43:07 AM »
I would never purchase a new build in much the same way I would never purchase a flip.  As many have mentioned here already, there are major quality issues with new builds some of which are not easily seen to the average person, but others are obvious to anyone. 

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Today at 12:07:53 AM]

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Yesterday at 11:53:22 PM]

[Yesterday at 11:49:55 PM]