Wyze products?

My brother has 2 wyze cameras, front porch and the backyard for the pool, they work fine to keep an eye on things, but you'll need better if you want to really secure your home.

used it for kid's bedroom when they are younger, you can view and yell at them at the same time from another room, haha, much easier to use and configure than the old foscam junk, lol

Are you looking at this for indoor use only? That's a decent price.

Can't really use these outdoors because you have to run power and that becomes inconvenient.

I've got a couple of Nest cams indoors that I would consider replacing. I've been pretty all in on Google for a while but feel that they've been stagnating in terms of innovation and I don't want to keep paying the premium if there are better and cheaper alternatives.

For outdoors, I have a ton of Kuna security lights I replaced the existing lights with so I didn't have to deal with any new wiring.

I'm a big fan of Wyze and used the cameras (Cam Pan and Cam V2) at my parents home. The biggest draw is the value proposition. You get tons of features for a ridiculously low price. The basic service is free and includes 12 second clips saved for two weeks, motion/sound alerts, fire/CO2 alerts, and is compatible with Alexa and Google. Setup was a breeze but they didn't include written instructions (had to used their website/videos) and the app was easy to use. I would advise buying longer cables and accessory mounting hardware/cases depending on where you mount it.  Picture quality in daylight was good but night video was grainy at best. I've read the V3 version has significantly improved night vision with a larger aperture and two different IR settings (near/far). The motion alerts were too sensitive but I could setup custom detection zones and tweak the sensitivity to reduce false alerts. They also offer an outdoor camera that uses an internal rechargeable battery that lasts 3-6 months (https://www.cnet.com/reviews/wyze-cam-outdoor-review/ ). Hope this helps.

Back