What home alarm system do you have?

nosuchreality

We have an old school alarm system and with the 5g changeover is getting annoying with the frequent radio alerts about monitoring drop during the day.

We've been considering a ring, simplisafe or other video motion system.

We've had no serious issues the entire time we've been here.

Want a system that is lower cost long term, current monitoring with brinks is $50/month.  Really want something more in the $15-$20 a month that will basically pay for itself with the insurance discount for a monitored system.

Has anybody moved their old monitoring system to one  the third parties?

Simplisafe users?  Ring users?

What's your feedback?

Simplisafe user here, would recommend!

$15.99/month for monitoring so much cheaper.  Wait for like a holiday sale, usually like 20-30% off all the equipment ...mine came with a free simplicam as well which is nice as well.  Paid less than $150 for like 3 sensors/2 motion/base station/key pad ish.  Essentially also added a smoke alarm too, no issues with service so far.  Never used ring can't comment there, good luck

I have Ring and had Simplisafe before. I had the last iteration of Simplisafe, and as someone mentioned, it was pretty fugly, but it looks better now. The reason I switched to Ring was 1.) Monitoring is cheaper at $10/mo, and that includes cloud storage for all your Ring devices as well (like Ring doorbell) 2.) You had to subscribe to Simplisafe monitoring if you wanted to access your system remotely (through your phone). With Ring you can self-monitor for free. I don't know if Simplisafe has changed from that, but I doubt it. 3.) I think hardware is slightly cheaper.

Costco sells a 10 piece Ring system for $230 currently, but I believe 11/20-11/30 (or earlier if it sells out), it will be $130. That's a damn good price.

Back