In OC Register...Realtors go after blogger who says they lie (IrvineRenter)

I was just about to post this.  Personally I have no problem with Larry's blog.  This is great publicity for him though.  I wonder how much increased traffic his site will get now?

If this is true, I'll donate $5k to Larry's defense fund.

Serial killers, pedophiles, zyklon b chemist, and some realtors are all around the same level of trustworthiness.

I would bet that if they had their way, real estate agents would want to control the message and get commissions.  This guy is posting opinions that will inform buyers.  This is good.  Instead of trying to communicate their own message or dispute the message, the real estate agents mount this weak attack.  Pathetic. 

I'm in. Where's the link to the IHB Defense Fund? If the Bank Implode-o-Meter could raise money for their defense, I am sure IHB can.

What a lame lawsuit. I hope it attracts a lot of attention and people who aren't aware yet about used car home salesmen and get to read all the comments from people who agree...Yes, Virginia...realtors do lie.

Even though I have an issue how Larry went about closing down IHB, the OCAR doesn't have a leg to stand on.  I can't believe they are wasting their time and more importantly the funds from paying members like me to go after someone who calls it as it is.  They have way more important things they should be focusing on. 

I'm not saying I know his motives for shutting down the Forums, but what did happen is other realtors that frequented his site should have a much more difficult time poaching potential clients from his readers.  I really liked IHF in its heydey though, lots of activity and good information.

It's written in the NAR's code of Ethics:http://www.realtor.org/mempolweb.nsf/pages/code

Article 12
REALTORS? shall be honest and truthful in their real estate communications and shall present a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations.

Any realtor who is not conforming the NAR's code of ethics should have their license remove.

Terran said:
It's written in the NAR's code of Ethics:http://www.realtor.org/mempolweb.nsf/pages/code

Article 12
REALTORS? shall be honest and truthful in their real estate communications and shall present a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations.

Any realtor who is not conforming the NAR's code of ethics should have their license remove.
Oh believe me, I've been tempted to stamp Article 12 onto the foreheads of many listing agents. 

Is this lying?http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/18831-Tabor-Dr-92603/home/4738073
November 2003 is how far back I had to look before finding a detached single family residence over 3000 sqft in Turtle Rock that sold on the MLS for under $1,000,000

Just need to look back to Jan 2010.  Nice home, too bad it backs up to Culver.

Property History for 18831 TABOR Dr
Date Event Price Appreciation Source
Jun 07, 2011 Listed (Active) $999,900 -- SoCalMLS #S661822
Oct 25, 2010 - Delisted (Cancelled) -- -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Aug 26, 2010 - Price Changed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Aug 26, 2010 - Relisted (Active) -- -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Aug 23, 2010 Price Changed * -- Inactive Zillow #3
Aug 23, 2010 - Delisted (Hold) -- -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Jul 23, 2010 - Price Changed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Jul 21, 2010 Price Changed * -- Inactive Zillow #3
Jul 21, 2010 - Price Changed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Jul 17, 2010 - Price Changed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Jul 16, 2010 Delisted * -- Inactive Zillow #3
Jul 16, 2010 Listed (Active) * -- Inactive Zillow #3
Jul 15, 2010 - Listed (Active) * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #2
Jan 15, 2010 Sold (MLS) (Closed) $899,500 -- Inactive SoCalMLS #S560346
Dec 15, 2009 Pending (Backup Offers Accepted) -- -- Inactive SoCalMLS #S560346
Dec 11, 2009 Price Changed $899,500 -- Inactive SoCalMLS #S560346
Jul 17, 2009 Price Changed $999,500 -- Inactive SoCalMLS #S560346
Mar 01, 2009 Price Changed $1,095,000 -- Inactive SoCalMLS #S560346
Feb 27, 2009 Relisted -- -- Inactive SoCalMLS #S560346
Jan 18, 2009 Listed $1,195,000 -- Inactive SoCalMLS #S560346
Jan 16, 2009 - Delisted -- -- Inactive SoCalMLS #1
Aug 26, 2008 - Listed * -- Inactive SoCalMLS #1

Yeah, that listing agent is a big fat liar. Not only that, the flipper who bought this is going to eat it.

Terran said:
November 2003 is how far back I had to look before finding a detached single family residence over 3000 sqft in Turtle Rock that sold on the MLS for under $1,000,000

IndieDev said:
Yeah, that listing agent is a big fat liar. Not only that, the flipper who bought this is going to eat it.

I would double check the fact before calling someone a ? big fat liar ?. Would it be possible that the property was expanded after the purchase for $899,500 on Jan 2010? He did qualify that statement with the "over 3000 sqft ". The listing agent would not be so dumb to lie on easily verifiable fact like this. 

I am sure someone on here with access to the MLS could verify the Jan 2010 purchase and see if the property was 2014 sqft at that time.

I do not think that all agents are bad. There are honest people in every profession.

powerdesk said:
I would double check the fact before calling someone a ? big fat liar ?. Would it be possible that the property was expanded after the purchase for $899,500 on Jan 2010? He did qualify that statement with the "over 3000 sqft ".
Well... Indie likes to call people names.

You can actually check the previous MLS sold on Redfin:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/18831-Tabor-Dr-92603/home/4738073/socalmls-S560346

It indeed was listed as 3029sf back then.
The listing agent would not be so dumb to lie on easily verifiable fact like this. 
Maybe the realtor forgot the qualifying "any other" phrase.

powerdesk said:
Terran said:

IndieDev said:

I would double check the fact before calling someone a ? big fat liar ?. Would it be possible that the property was expanded after the purchase for $899,500 on Jan 2010? He did qualify that statement with the "over 3000 sqft ". The listing agent would not be so dumb to lie on easily verifiable fact like this. 

I am sure someone on here with access to the MLS could verify the Jan 2010 purchase and see if the property was 2014 sqft at that time.

I do not think that all agents are bad. There are honest people in every profession.

This big fat liar is indeed a big fat liar.

There are honest people in every profession, but the inherent conflict of interest in the real estate agent profession, creates very few.

New improvements:
The most recent round of renovations upgraded and opened up the kitchen to the dining and living area and added a center island. With Scraped ceilings, recessed lighting, remodeled bathrooms, new roofing...

New improvements:
The most recent round of renovations upgraded and opened up the kitchen to the dining and living area and added a center island. With Scraped ceilings, recessed lighting, remodeled bathrooms, new roofing...

Wow, that kitchen 'renovation' is effin retarded.  Whoever designed it obviously had no cooking experience or knowledge of how to efficiently design a kitchen.  That island is waay out there like an island, doesn't even match the current cabinetry, hardware, countertop, or scale.  They just double butted two standard cabinets back to back to make the island.

Flooring is mixed together hardwood and tile.  The double ovens are like 18 feet away from the stove and I guess they expect a freestanding refrigerator next to the door (pictures don't show a frig).  Yet they put in a "home management" desk that is counter-depth and they have no cabinetry for a cabinet-depth frig.  However, putting in a standard free-standing refrigerator would stick out like a sore thumb against the existing desk and double oven.  I bet they didn't even plumb the refrigerator area for the ice maker.

irvinehomeowner said:
powerdesk said:
I would double check the fact before calling someone a ? big fat liar ?. Would it be possible that the property was expanded after the purchase for $899,500 on Jan 2010? He did qualify that statement with the "over 3000 sqft ".
Well... Indie likes to call people names.

You can actually check the previous MLS sold on Redfin:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/18831-Tabor-Dr-92603/home/4738073/socalmls-S560346

It indeed was listed as 3029sf back then.
The listing agent would not be so dumb to lie on easily verifiable fact like this. 
Maybe the realtor forgot the qualifying "any other" phrase.

WoW I just do not know what to say ....... ::)

I don't know why this is such a surprise. Realtors lie all the time. Listing the square footage, the yard size, even the number of rooms occasionally.

Back