California fake ballot boxes

eyephone

California Republican Party Admits It Placed Misleading Ballot Boxes Around State

Government officials say the receptacles are illegal and could lead to election fraud, but the party says it will continue the practice.

The California Republican Party has admitted responsibility for placing more than 50 deceptively labeled %u201Cofficial%u201D drop boxes for mail-in ballots in Los Angeles, Fresno and Orange Counties %u2014 an action that state officials said was illegal and could lead to election fraud.

The dark gray metal boxes have been popping up over the past two weeks near churches, gun shops and Republican Party offices, mostly in conservative areas of a deep-blue state, affixed with a white paper label identifying them as either an %u201COfficial Ballot Drop off Box%u201D or a %u201CBallot Drop Box.%u201D

To the average voter, they are virtually indistinguishable from drop-off sites sanctioned by the state, which are governed by strict regulations intended to prevent the partisan manipulation of ballots.

The actions of the largely marginalized state party come at a moment when Republicans and Democrats are engaged in a bitter national struggle over voting rights, with President Trump%u2019s allies accusing Democrats in Minnesota and elsewhere of undermining the integrity of the electoral process by expanding absentee voting and other measures to increase ballot access.

And last week, a supporter of a Republican congressional candidate in Orange County, Michelle Steel, posted a picture of himself on Twitter dropping off a ballot at one of the party%u2019s boxes.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/us/politics/california-gop-drop-boxes.html

I think it should say herself instead of himself.
I am not surprised with the GOP. And the joke continues!

I guess be careful when you drop off your ballots.

Under California's very liberal and inclusive ballot harvesting laws this is technically legal.  It was done to prove the point that ballot harvesting can lead to voter fraud.  Put the issue back on the front page so I would say it was fairly effective.

Trump asked his supporters to try to vote multiple times so it would prove there are fake voters.
So his republican nut sukkers put these fake ballot boxes out to de-legitimize this election.

Republicans are pushing the US into a civil war if trump loses...just like russia wants.

In North Carolina where POTUS asked his supporters to vote twice, their system is different from ours. If you mail in your ballot you can check its status "at the door" - meaning there is immediate feedback if that mail in vote was received and processed. If it hasn't, it's not a crime to then "in-person" vote. Their system will cross check the votes and cancel out at least one of the votes being made. That's not a crime. That's their process, not ours in California.

Voter initiated absentee balloting has never been an issue or a concern. Mass mailing to unscreened voter databases is a problem. Anyone in IT know it's a great hazard to have an unvetted database used in any level of programming. Why allow it here, today, or for any election?

I'd be comfortable with a mass mailed ballot if the databases were screened, the dead and those who have moved out of state removed. I'd prefer that anyone who hasn't voted in the last 5 elections be removed because they aren't taking the privilege of voting seriously - a bridge too far for some, but that's OK. We don't have to agree on everything. Frankly speaking here in California it doesn't matter for POTUS election. The Cheeto Hitler will NEVER win California. It does matter for Federal Representative and other significant Propositions as we find on our ballots today.

I'm 100% against ballot harvesting - but it's the law of the land. So the Dems in 2018 ran people house to house to harvest (yes, I saw it directly myself in our neighborhood...). This time around the California State Republicans are making the ballot harvest process more efficient by putting up these boxes. In 2018, it was A-OK for many. In 2020 it's anathema? Are you saying a political party won't turn in these ballots or handle them with care? Why is that?

If you haven't complained about ballot harvesting as deployed in 2018, your wailing and gnashing of teeth this go round means nothing.

My .02c

irvinehomeowner said:
You don't throw bricks if you live in a glass house. Simple.

They can%u2019t win. So they have to potentially cheat. Win at all cost.
But they got caught. I mean look at the graphics on the piece of paper outside the fake ballot box. It does not even look professionally done. (At least the picture I saw. I thought it was a courier box with a piece of paper taped on to the outside. I would of put better graphics. What do I know? I am marketing expert.) wink

They tried limiting the postal service to slow down the mail in votes. That did not work. The post master appointed by Trump btw. He ordered to take apart or shall I say strip down the sorting machines that make it really efficient to distribute and route mail. (the machines saved time and a lot of money) Some people say to potential slow down the Postal service)

I'm not sure why this is an issue in Cali.  I will be happy to stipulate Biden wins all our electoral votes...cheat or no cheat he will take our state.  So what difference does it make if he wins 42 million votes...the outcome is the same 55 Electoral votes.  Both candidates know this will be the case.

If people are not that smart to put there votes in a brown looking box. Then I guess they deserve to lose. Maybe the votes in the box might not count.

Come on if you see a metal box with a white piece of paper with a small flag. I am definitely not going to put my ballet in there.

I wonder what genius came up with that idea. Lol

eyephone said:
If people are not that smart to put there votes in a brown looking box. Then I guess they deserve to lose. Maybe the votes in the box might not count.

Come on if you see a metal box with a white piece of paper with a small flag. I am definitely not going to put my ballet in there.

I wonder what genius came up with that idea. Lol

Great!! think about it as an IQ test to vote...I'm good with that. ;D ;) >:D

I didn?t read all posts and links and stuff, but yeah California will win a Democrat candidate no matter what. The key state for winning an election has been Florida. Whoever wins there most likely wins the election so all these fake votes and whatnot in CA won?t matter too much IMHO.

Propositions. Many are backed by specific unions and radicals who stand to gain quite a bit if they are victorious. OC House seats flipped in 2018 because of Ballot Harvesting - and the crappy campaigns by the ( R ) candidates.... so it's a big issue for the local races as well.

Was at the beach Saturday and a prop plane flew over towing a "BIDEN 2020" campaign flag. It's amazing to see the money still being wasted spent here in California by their campaign. The week before I was in Phoenix AZ. If you think the signage clutter is crazy here, travel out of state. Every corner in AZ has TRUMP/PENCE 2020 signs, billboards, etc. along with BIDEN/HARRIS, plus all of the other races like "Constable" https://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2020/08/04/az-primary-2020-pima-county-constables-races-show-bernal-ahead-and-ferguson-behind .

A marked departure from what we see here in California. 

Mety said:
I didn?t read all posts and links and stuff, but yeah California will win a Democrat candidate no matter what. The key state for winning an election has been Florida. Whoever wins there most likely wins the election so all these fake votes and whatnot in CA won?t matter too much IMHO.

I hear Mety has a fake ballot box in Eastwood Villag. ;)

eyephone said:
Mety said:

I hear Mety has a fake ballot box in Eastwood Villag. ;)

In Delano, right?

Is it true that the more people who participate and vote, the more the democrats win....and
When less people vote, the republicans do better?

It would be interesting to see what the case is.

It's reasonable to assume that with more voters who pull the lever without knowing the issues or the candidates, more votes will be cast by whomever is doing the better marketing. There are some "Yes means No" propositions out there that can gain a plurality just by throwing as much on TV as possible about the subject. You've all seen the videos of college students being presented information about "immigration" or other hot button topics that they agree with and support, but then are confused when told those positions are put out by the candidate they violently disagree with. Those are the voters that will tip the election. Are they all Democrats? Eh, that's too broad a brush IMHO.

My .02c

zubs said:
Is it true that the more people who participate and vote, the more the democrats win....and
When less people vote, the republicans do better?

Maybe we are over thinking it. This maybe a publicity stunt for the cause. Lol
No offense, but the signs on the boxes looks like a middle school kid made them.
CA state gave them a cease and desist letter to stop. The CA GOP said take us to court.

In my opinions sounds like free advertising. I will not give away money to litigate this. They will be like throwing money away. Because I do not see how they will win. But that?s just me. I don?t like to lose.

I think they will back down and remove the boxes but they get free news coverage.

Back