iPhone 12

Hanging on to my 6, I got 10X better download speed than 5G. How? Ehhhh my home connection is Gigabit up/down.

Not having to go out much helps :)

Interesting pricing for the 12 vs 12 Pro.  12 costs $829 (unlocked) and comes with 64GB.  128GB is $879.  12 Pro standard is 128GB and costs $999.  Almost a no brainer to upgrade to the 12 Pro model.  The ASP will be an interesting metric in the next quarterly report.  I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty significant increase. 

As much as I like the wireless charging stands, I can see the use for a MagSafe wireless charger as it allows you to use the phone while it's charging and to also use the lightning port for those of us who still have wired headphones.

Rumors suggest  iPhone 13 might be only wireless. No lightning, no usb-c. Everyone will need to connect via bluetooth, cellular, wifi, or NFC.

irvinehomeowner said:
As much as I like the wireless charging stands, I can see the use for a MagSafe wireless charger as it allows you to use the phone while it's charging and to also use the lightning port for those of us who still have wired headphones.

Who still uses wired headphones when not on an airplane, the QC35 ii are down to $200 these days. If someone can afford a new iPhone they can afford a pair of headphones or airpods. You can use them with TVs, computers, etc, I get good use out of the QCs.

I do wish the new iPhone came with a charger too and hopefully the iPhone 13 brings back touch ID in some way either in screen on the side. 

I use the old wired earpods because they are easy to carry around, cheap, don't need to be charged and I won't lose one ear or the other.

I like having both wired and wireless headset options. AirPod Pros for most situations except exercise. Wired headset for backup and when I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to get my AirPods.

I have AT&T service...how's the reception for T-mobile in Irvine, especially in the Stonegate, Portola Springs, and Cypress Village area? 

USCTrojanCPA said:
I have AT&T service...how's the reception for T-mobile in Irvine, especially in the Stonegate, Portola Springs, and Cypress Village area?

T-Mobile is an absolute dead zone in CVE and like 1 bar in CV outdoors! Don't even bother while indoors.

I remember looking at homes in PS area and there were definitely areas with no data.

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

T-Mobile is an absolute dead zone in CVE and like 1 bar in CV outdoors! Don't even bother while indoors.

I remember looking at homes in PS area and there were definitely areas with no data.

Geezzz, you'd think theyd have better reception since they are so large now (post Sprint acquisition).  I really don't want to switch to Verizon.

Apple's BS effort to be green. No plug, no headphones = less packaging, smaller carbon footprint.  I'm sure the savings x 70 million+ phones has noting to do with it ;-)

iacrenter said:
Apple's BS effort to be green. No plug, no headphones = less packaging, smaller carbon footprint.  I'm sure the savings x 70 million+ phones has noting to do with it ;-)

Go green or nickel and dime the customer?

Back