My opinion: Voting by mail is a joke

frank69m

Just got my ballot...what a joke.....Does anyone really believe they do the signature verification on something signed outside an envelope where anyone can see.. If so, how would they check on the millions of people sending it in...They don't check signatures. Also, how do they know you don't move? I bet only 90% of the people change their address on bills only....  I can see why certain government officials from a certain party don't want to address ballot reform. Probably hurts their agenda.

frank69m said:
Just got my ballot...what a joke.....Does anyone really believe they do the signature verification on something signed outside an envelope where anyone can see.. If so, how would they check on the millions of people sending it in...They don't check signatures. Also, how do they know you don't move? I bet only 90% of the people change their address on bills only....  I can see why certain government officials from a certain party don't want to address ballot reform. Probably hurts their agenda.

But Trump votes by mail. So I guess it is a joke?

#tryharder

frank69m said:

Sorry, but your post is the real joke here :(

Vote by mail has been around for a long time and was predominantly used by Pubs. Not sure why it's a Trump cult member issue all the sudden....

Vote by mail previously had to be specifically requested.  This reduced the chance of shenanigans.  Many of the people who speak against it are still in favor of being able to vote by mail by request.

Pros:
1. The ability to vote from the comfort of your home
2. The ability to avoid polling places.  (Irvine was never a problem, though)
3. The ability to avoid people with viruses.

Cons:
1. Mail in voting encourages early voting.  Early voting allows for politicians to win the election without having debates.  Now, most people already are decided who they are going to vote for.
2. Pre-filled ballot mailing allows for someone to intercept and vote using the prefilled ballot.
3. It makes it easier to vote on behalf of those that you know are not going to vote.
4. Mail carriers can throw away votes from houses with political signs they disagree with.  (be sure to drop off at the post office instead)
5. Mail in voting is more prone to error.
6. The number of mail in votes was lower in the past.  If the votes are to be counted on election day and we were overwhemled last election, then consider how long it will take to count this election. 

Concerns:
Last election we saw a much larger turnout of mail in votes.  We also saw our own election results get flipped when the mail in votes were counted.  That may have a rational reason, such as certain people are more likely to vote by mail.  It is concerning that the vote results greatly flipped and probably caused some people to change their mind on their openness to it. 

@Spootiehoo....

I think you misspelled a few things in your phrase:

"Concerns:
Last election we saw a much larger turnout of mail in votes.  We also saw our own election results get flipped when the mail in votes were counted.
"

May I suggest:

"Concerns:
Last election we saw a much larger turnout of mail in votes.  We also saw our own election results get flipped when the ballots harvested by Democrat operatives were counted."

I think this is closer to the circumstances that occurred during the 2018 mid-terms.

This is why I will not do a refi with soy green guy. I rather get a higher rate then to deal with his misinformation.

Soylent Green Is People said:
@Spootiehoo....

"Concerns:
Last election we saw a much larger turnout of mail in votes.  We also saw our own election results get flipped when the mail in votes were counted.
"

May I suggest:

"Concerns:
Last election we saw a much larger turnout of mail in votes.  We also saw our own election results get flipped when the ballots harvested by Democrat operatives were counted."

I think this is closer to the circumstances that occurred during the 2018 mid-terms.

That is why Nancy Pelosi became the speaker of the house and Paul Ryan retired. Because the nation voted many Republicans out. I see it coming for 2020.

So there needs to be collusion, conspiracy, cooperation, covert operations throughout the US to prove his point. A perfect storm which we all know did not happen.

It is silly like covid is a Democratic hoax.

eyephone said:
frank69m said:

so i can't give my opinon loser...and time after time you have revealed yourself as a joke who has nothing else to do except hang around this forum...true dat loser

But Trump votes by mail. So I guess it is a joke?

#tryharder

eyephone said:
Time after time your posts have been rebuke.
I like the energy, but you have to think and try harder.

By the way Libtard.... I was giving my opinion...I guess if you don't like it like the typical loser you really are, you try to push others down... Go to your protest...is this really Tammy Kim..... Don't like others opinions...and this has nothing to do with trump...just giving my opinion...

The OC vote by mail system is excellent. You can check the progress online every step of the way and can also sign up for a text alert when it?s been recorded. My ballot was recorded 2 days after I sent it in. This is how things are SUPPOSED to work.

The REAL joke here is a certain group setting up fake drop boxes in a lame attempt to troll and provoke the opposition into an overreaction and claim doubt over the election.

But Californians are too smart to fall for that ;)

Also
frank69m said:
eyephone said:
Time after time your posts have been rebuke.
I like the energy, but you have to think and try harder.

By the way Libtard.... I was giving my opinion...I guess if you don't like it like the typical loser you really are, you try to push others down... Go to your protest...is this really Tammy Kim..... Don't like others opinions...and this has nothing to do with trump...just giving my opinion...

Not sure how calling others libtards or losers helps your case. Can you explain to me how it does?

spootieho said:
Vote by mail previously had to be specifically requested.  This reduced the chance of shenanigans.  Many of the people who speak against it are still in favor of being able to vote by mail by request.

Pros:
1. The ability to vote from the comfort of your home
2. The ability to avoid polling places.  (Irvine was never a problem, though)
3. The ability to avoid people with viruses.

Cons:
1. Mail in voting encourages early voting.  Early voting allows for politicians to win the election without having debates.  Now, most people already are decided who they are going to vote for.
2. Pre-filled ballot mailing allows for someone to intercept and vote using the prefilled ballot.
3. It makes it easier to vote on behalf of those that you know are not going to vote.
4. Mail carriers can throw away votes from houses with political signs they disagree with.  (be sure to drop off at the post office instead)
5. Mail in voting is more prone to error.
6. The number of mail in votes was lower in the past.  If the votes are to be counted on election day and we were overwhemled last election, then consider how long it will take to count this election. 

Concerns:
Last election we saw a much larger turnout of mail in votes.  We also saw our own election results get flipped when the mail in votes were counted.  That may have a rational reason, such as certain people are more likely to vote by mail.  It is concerning that the vote results greatly flipped and probably caused some people to change their mind on their openness to it. 

Well thought out post, but mail in voting is taken extremely seriously by the postal workers union and local election committees

The mail in ballots will be counted in spite of the President's failed attempt to suppress them.

Also, there are a multitude of agencies out there protecting the process due to the attacks in 2016. The non-partisan organizations are still being manned by civil servants who uphold their duty, unlike corrupted sycophants. AG Barr is a prime example of someone failing to serve the people of this country.

Civil servants work for the people, not the other way around.

Soylent Green Is People said:
@Spootiehoo....

"Concerns:
"

May I suggest:

"Concerns:

Or maybe the People have spoken and chose officials based on who they thought best represented them and their values

Back