Author Topic: Padova in Orchard Hills  (Read 8159 times)

Offline zubs

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 73
  • -Received: 441
Re: Padova in Orchard Hills
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2020, 09:16:52 AM »
my feet have suffered through porcelain tile looking wood flooring as well as engineered wood flooring.
The difference when walking on the floor is worth the money for engineered wood or real wood.
I like feeling the rough bumps intrinsic in wood products. 

If you wear shoes in your house, then porcelain tile is fine.

Offline Chegg

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2020, 09:55:21 AM »
Hope everyone is staying safe, I heard the Silverado fires are very close to OH and there was a mandatory evac....

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 73
  • -Received: 441
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2020, 10:06:14 AM »
Speaking of the fire...canyonfire 2 didn't do shit to my porcelain tiles...in fact insurance said it was still ok...though a bit dirty.

So yeah..your tiles will survive a fire, but will be rough on your naked feet.

Offline CogNeuroSci

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 25
  • -Received: 26
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2020, 12:11:35 AM »
LOL!!!

We’ve had hardwood around kitchen the past couple homes and the water spillage was never a big deal, most hardwood floors have some treatment so as long as you wipe it up, it’s fine.

And fortunately for us, our 3 yr old isn’t too bad with water.

And agree on the “warmer and softer” look and feel of it - lol!

We have the porcelain wood like tiles all throughout downstairs and so glad for it with 2 kids. Everytime I give them their water bottles, they take a sip then pour one for the homies...cleaning up spills every few hours!

LOL

I think that is the reason why wood look tile is getting more and more popular now.

As are premium vinyl floors...they are water proof, scratch proof, pet proof, and kid proof plus they don't have that annoying creeking, crunching sound what you walk on it like laminate floors do.

With respect to what Martin said above and after seeing an exemplary luxury vinyl install firsthand today, I have to amend my earlier comments. Earlier today, I was at Talise and met some installers of Provenza luxury wide plank vinyl. The planks have an edge similar to engineered wood and the overall pattern is very smooth in the transition from plank to plank, although not quite as smooth as engineered wood. Like Martin said, they didn't scrunch or squeal and they didn't feel hollow. There was a solidity when I stepped on them that I've never experienced in wood-alternatives, although it didn't feel quite as heavy and solid as engineered wood.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 12:27:09 AM by CogNeuroSci »

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 206
  • -Received: 778
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2020, 03:06:31 AM »
Was it their LVP product?  Those look pretty nice.  I think I’d go for this one: https://www.provenzafloors.com/waterprooflvp/detail?sku=PRO3204&color=Grateful%20Grey&collection=Concorde%20Oak

Offline Nguyen80

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2020, 11:15:49 AM »
Saving a few dollars with LVP is nice and all but I wouldn’t expose my family to all that toxic off gassing.

Offline CogNeuroSci

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 25
  • -Received: 26
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2020, 02:45:21 PM »
Was it their LVP product?  Those look pretty nice.  I think I’d go for this one: https://www.provenzafloors.com/waterprooflvp/detail?sku=PRO3204&color=Grateful%20Grey&collection=Concorde%20Oak

Yes, it was Provenza Maxcore wide plank luxury vinyl.

Offline marmott

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 32
  • -Received: 68
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2020, 11:47:23 PM »
We have hardwood in the whole house except the bathrooms and laundry, so far it has held pretty well even in the kitchen but it's certainly not worth what the previous owners paid through the builder for it.

This video about vinyl plank flooring came out today, I leaned a few things about what makes a good vinyl product.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Dr. CA Real Estate

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 31
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »
Models were released for sale.
Kris Mendoza
Platinum Realty
CA BRE License # 02085321
ariesmail1@yahoo.com
310-227-1434 cell

Offline mhanism

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 5
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2020, 03:16:16 PM »
We got the email the final model release was happening this weekend... any idea of pricing? I'm guessing the model Plan 3 will go for a lot as it has a decked out back yard w/ pool, but curious about the rest.

Offline Chegg

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2020, 03:32:05 PM »
We got the email the final model release was happening this weekend... any idea of pricing? I'm guessing the model Plan 3 will go for a lot as it has a decked out back yard w/ pool, but curious about the rest.

My guess is $2.05M for the plan 3...

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »

will be interesting if thats the case. Recently a plan 4 with decked out backyard, pool and upgrades throughout the home, corner lot went for 2.125 i believe

Offline Scorpion

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2020, 12:33:53 AM »
What sort of credit or discount are they offering now? Did a lot of people manage to get 125k credit? For what phases did they offer $125k credit?

Offline Chegg

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2020, 07:30:02 AM »

will be interesting if thats the case. Recently a plan 4 with decked out backyard, pool and upgrades throughout the home, corner lot went for 2.125 i believe

Yeah that plan 4 to me is leaps and bounds nicer than the model.

I think the final selling price of the model will be sub $2M, once they factor in some design credits, but who knows the reps told me there was a lot of interest on the models.

Offline mhanism

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 5
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2020, 12:53:47 PM »
It's also leap away from the 261, which is why i heard they're selling.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal