SunStreet Solar

napkiin

Hi all, I recently bought a Lennar home and SunStreet Solar comes with the new home. Has anybody used SunStreet before? I've heard mixed reviews... Also I'm debating whether to purchase or to lease it, I use about 7kwh of electricity per day according to my SCE bill, the max I've used is probably 17 kwh during month of heat wave. Does anyone know the price to buy it out? My house hasn't closed yet so they didn't tell me the price yet.

Can anyone tell me what their electricity bill looks like with SunStreet?

Thank you in advance!!

napkiin said:
I use about 7kwh of electricity per month according to my SCE bill, the max I've used is probably 17 kwh during month of heat wave.

Can't answer your question, but I seriously doubt you're using 7kw-h per month.  Probably more than that per day.  Maybe 700 kw-h per month?  Also, if you're not living there yet you really don't know how much you'll use in this new place, unless it is identical to your current place in all energy consumption factors (size, insulation, appliance, sun loading, climate, etc).

Wow, that's a very low amount of consumption.  In the past billing cycle I used as little as 10 kw-h in a day, and as many as 55 kw-h in a day. 

What's the size of the system they are installing?

The sales office should be able to tell you how much it would cost to buy the solar system outright even if you haven't closed yet.

marmott said:
What's the size of the system they are installing?

The sales office should be able to tell you how much it would cost to buy the solar system outright even if you haven't closed yet.

They told me around $10k but I have a feeling it will be more than that. Not sure about the system.... I saw some mixed reviews online for SunStreet :( it?s too bad Lennar forces homeowners to use their solar, ugh

How big is the house (single family detached?) and how many people are living in it? Like others have said, 7kWh/day seems low. Haven't heard of Sunstreet, but right now you can expect to pay ~$2.50-2.75/watt for a solar panel system before govt incentives. So a 5 kW system is $13,750 (on the high end). I bet though, by partnering w/Lennar, the price will be higher.

Is this how homebuilders are doing the solar mandate in CA... take ownership of home first, and then install solar w/preferred vendor?

hurijo said:
How big is the house (single family detached?) and how many people are living in it? Like others have said, 7kWh/day seems low. Haven't heard of Sunstreet, but right now you can expect to pay ~$2.50-2.75/watt for a solar panel system before govt incentives. So a 5 kW system is $13,750 (on the high end). I bet though, by partnering w/Lennar, the price will be higher.

Is this how homebuilders are doing the solar mandate in CA... take ownership of home first, and then install solar w/preferred vendor?

Isn't Tesla a lot lower?  Everyone on TI has been going with Tesla

akkord said:
hurijo said:

The builder cost for solar is higher and you have to either buy it or lease it, you can't opt out of it.

hurijo said:

About 2600 sq ft, it's single house family. Yeh, we can't opt out on the solar panels, you have to take it unfortunately. Have to choose between lease or buy it out, I think buying it out probably is better long term wise, can get tax credit at least... I just wish I don't have to go with Sunstreet

akkord said:
hurijo said:

I wish I could get Tesla! Heard good things about it. We have to use Sunstreet unfortunately

Back