100 West- New Toll Bros coming to Anaheim

Looks like 250 ft from the 5 freeway??

Terrible location.

@ Cares, Airbnb is a no go. City of Anaheim banned all short term rentals awhile ago. Existing ones are mostly phased out by now.

Kenkoko said:

Terrible location.

@ Cares, Airbnb is a no go. City of Anaheim banned all short term rentals awhile ago. Existing ones are mostly phased out by now.

Oh weird. I just helped someone refinance 3 properties in Anaheim with Airbnb rental income. They must be doing it illegally then.

Cares said:
Kenkoko said:

Terrible location.

Oh weird. I just helped someone refinance 3 properties in Anaheim with Airbnb rental income. They must be doing it illegally then.

Only place I can think of where that ban is actually enforced is Lake Tahoe, sometimes.

Kenkoko said:

Terrible location.

I was initially interested in 100 West because it was a Toll Bros. community but, like you, the closeness to the freeway turned me off.  After more research, I learned the location is bad for other reasons.  The community is in the Paul Revere neighborhood of Anaheim, which is notorious for crime and gang activity.  I personally drove through it earlier this week and I would not want to invest or live there.  I can only imagine 100 West will be a target for crime and theft once it is built up.  No thanks

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Cares said:
Kenkoko said:

Terrible location.

Only place I can think of where that ban is actually enforced is Lake Tahoe, sometimes.

By the way, I had a buyer that just bought in Anaheim for Airbnb. You are allowed to by permit and they told me there is some sort of grandfathered rule where you can pass on the permit to the next buyer. I didn't look much into it but it is allowed.

Cares said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Cares said:
Kenkoko said:

Terrible location.

By the way, I had a buyer that just bought in Anaheim for Airbnb. You are allowed to by permit and they told me there is some sort of grandfathered rule where you can pass on the permit to the next buyer. I didn't look much into it but it is allowed.

No new short term rentals allowed.  Only those grandfathered are allowed to operate.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
pre-apps and lot reservations are now open. Thinking of getting Lofts plan 2 myself

Are you looking as an investment? What are HOAs and property taxes like? What's the rental analysis for the area?

Hi Kris,
based on your experience, does Toll brothers always publish price&floor plan before pre-application on their website? and do you know when did the presale of 100West start?  thanks a lot.

Hi Everyone. Long time lurker - looking for stranger's opinions.

We currently live in Baker Ranch (SFH) and with the wild appreciation recently in the neighborhood, we are seriously considering capitalizing and moving to 100 West with the potential of converting it to a rental in the next 2-3 years. Part reasoning with all of the development anticipated around Disney to Platinum Triangle to OC Vibe potentially set to take place over the next 5-10 years, we feel like this may end up being a very good location (again all speculative obviously). We are DINKS, so schools/kids sports/etc types of factors don't weigh into our personal decisions. We do enjoy Disney and a good hockey/baseball game every once in a while as well.

The obvious difference between style of living aside (suburban vs. urban) - curious to anyone's opinions on making such a move. My wife has always wanted to be more involved in real estate - either with rentals or flips - so we thought this might be a good way to test the waters.

Irvine Adjacent said:

We currently live in Baker Ranch (SFH) and with the wild appreciation recently in the neighborhood, we are seriously considering capitalizing and moving to 100 West with the potential of converting it to a rental in the next 2-3 years. Part reasoning with all of the development anticipated around Disney to Platinum Triangle to OC Vibe potentially set to take place over the next 5-10 years, we feel like this may end up being a very good location (again all speculative obviously). We are DINKS, so schools/kids sports/etc types of factors don't weigh into our personal decisions. We do enjoy Disney and a good hockey/baseball game every once in a while as well.

The obvious difference between style of living aside (suburban vs. urban) - curious to anyone's opinions on making such a move. My wife has always wanted to be more involved in real estate - either with rentals or flips - so we thought this might be a good way to test the waters.

Rent an airbnb near there so you can see if the noise from the fireworks at Disney would be an issue for you. I had a lot of coworkers in the early 80s who lived near Disneyland because it was cheap and they said all said the fireworks were L O U D.

Maybe double pane windows and an interior location would help.

Irvine Adjacent said:

Lifelong OC resident here.

You?re right that this is a good location that may have good pay off in terms of investment however I still question to what extent can gentrification resolve the amount of crime issues endemic to this region.

I was hoping for crime rates (in Anaheim) to decrease in recent years however the data shows that it has remained consistent in the past decade.  Of note, the COVID pandemic further separated the line between the have vs have nots.  Burglaries appear to be on the rise even in nearby cities such as Irvine (often in neighborhoods adjacent to highways for ease of access)

Back