Author Topic: Fresco @ Eastwood Village  (Read 77934 times)

Offline CalBears96

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 147
Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2022, 03:51:36 PM »
I am continuing to find issues in various places. The construction quality this time was very shoddy, atleast for phase we bought. The extra insulation that we paid for is a joke, excess stucco at places, poor quality installation of "upgraded carpet". A lot of these are unfixable. Builder could claim labor shortage/support chain as reasons but they didn't give us any discount to compensate for all these issues....

What phrase were you in and which lot? Mine got full house insulation. I can tell you it works much better than my old home. When i need to talk to my son, i have to call him on alexa. Yelling from downstair to his room upstair doesnt work when he closes his door.

We had some crack stuccos which were taken care by IP contractor last week.  Where do you have excess stucco? Dont hesitate to contact IP for things that you think should be fixed.

The high ceiling in the great room seems to have rendered the full house insulation useless for my Bluffs 2. The sound from Youtube clips I watch in my office (bedroom 4) travels to our master bedroom even with the door closed.

Mine has a loft so that may have help. From the engineering stand point, open ceiling effectively turns a house into a semi tunnel which bounces the sounds everywhere.

For wall to wall insulation, it is pretty effective. My daughter room is next to the laundry. I can barely hear the dryer only at her door due to bottom door gap not through the wall. At my old home w/o insulation, we tried not to do laundry late at night. The entire second floor could hear washer/dryer running.

Yeah, actually, the insulation from the laundry room is pretty good. My son did laundry last night. We could hear the washer when we got home through the high ceiling because he left the laundry room door open. But when I went into the master bedroom, I could barely hear the washer.

Offline Yousr

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #571 on: July 01, 2022, 12:49:49 PM »
Looks like IP is back to their old price sheet format, the one they used when there were no priority lists and homes lingered on the market for a while. Specific lots are now explicitly listed with with their elevation, lot size price and upgrades if any. And you can see homes from older phases that didn’t sell  mixed with newer ones.

More interestingly, the single story home is still sitting in their lap like damaged goods. 

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 118
  • -Received: 63
« Reply #572 on: July 03, 2022, 09:12:48 PM »
Looks like IP is back to their old price sheet format, the one they used when there were no priority lists and homes lingered on the market for a while. Specific lots are now explicitly listed with with their elevation, lot size price and upgrades if any. And you can see homes from older phases that didn’t sell  mixed with newer ones.

More interestingly, the single story home is still sitting in their lap like damaged goods.

Aren't single level homes rare and sought after? I am surprised there are no takers so far for this; understand the 2.4M asking price us steep though. This may have to wait for an FCB to pick up.

Offline Yousr

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #573 on: July 04, 2022, 02:36:13 PM »

Aren't single level homes rare and sought after? I am surprised there are no takers so far for this; understand the 2.4M asking price us steep though. This may have to wait for an FCB to pick up.

Just shows you to what extent IP is willing to sit on inventory for whatever long rather than lower prices to sell like most other builders in their case. This holds for their regular floor plans as well. Even in this interest rate environment they will never contemplate lowering prices from one phase to the next. Flat or higher is the way to go

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 55
  • -Received: 80
« Reply #574 on: July 05, 2022, 02:10:09 PM »

Just shows you to what extent IP is willing to sit on inventory for whatever long rather than lower prices to sell like most other builders in their case. This holds for their regular floor plans as well. Even in this interest rate environment they will never contemplate lowering prices from one phase to the next. Flat or higher is the way to go

This is one of the issues I have with The Irvine Company building so many Irvine Pacific homes. They can sit on inventory for years without really losing any money. They keep getting other developer's plots and using them for themselves. Irvine Pacific can price the homes at 5 million and let them sit for 10 years if they feel like it.

Offline IrvineRealEstate

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #575 on: July 05, 2022, 06:29:09 PM »
That is the market power Irvine Pacific has. Got to give credit when it's due for what they've accomplished.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 55
  • -Received: 80
« Reply #576 on: July 06, 2022, 03:01:33 PM »
That is the market power Irvine Pacific has. Got to give credit when it's due for what they've accomplished.

I'm not a fan of them aka the Irvine Company in this regard.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Sign IRS 4506 and lose mortgage? Window of 3.... by Squashpro19
[Today at 09:03:16 AM]

Re: Colleges Weigh New Admissions Strategies by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:44:35 AM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:40:40 AM]

Re: coronavirus by nosuchreality