Author Topic: Fresco @ Eastwood Village  (Read 19291 times)

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 42
  • -Received: 61
Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2021, 09:50:41 AM »
Is selling the  BA house the only way to get you as a non-contingent buyer ? If the lender who is pre approving you can look at your other assets  (401k etc) to present you as non-contingent then that can help.

If you ask about EW as neighbourhood- Since i have been living here for 3 years now, I have only positive things to say. It is at close proximity to a lot of amenities, and the tax rate is very low. The good thing about Fresco is the large lot size - something you won't commonly find in a new construction in Irvine. Walkable elementary school is a plus

I personally think Eastwood is one of the best newer communities. I like the layout and it seems like HOA fees and tax are much lower there. I would pick EW over Stonegate across the way any day.

Offline cgs37

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2021, 10:33:52 AM »
Another thing I like about Eastwood is there are no apartments. Feel like this keeps the density down some even though people definitely rent out homes/units.

Offline Asumis

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2021, 09:04:49 PM »
Another thing I like about Eastwood is there are no apartments. Feel like this keeps the density down some even though people definitely rent out homes/units.
Is selling the  BA house the only way to get you as a non-contingent buyer ? If the lender who is pre approving you can look at your other assets  (401k etc) to present you as non-contingent then that can help.

If you ask about EW as neighbourhood- Since i have been living here for 3 years now, I have only positive things to say. It is at close proximity to a lot of amenities, and the tax rate is very low. The good thing about Fresco is the large lot size - something you won't commonly find in a new construction in Irvine. Walkable elementary school is a plus

I personally think Eastwood is one of the best newer communities. I like the layout and it seems like HOA fees and tax are much lower there. I would pick EW over Stonegate across the way any day.

Thanks all for the feedback! Looks like we just have to try and get ourselves on the priority list ASAP then!

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 381
  • -Received: 333
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2021, 07:38:57 AM »

Except you have those luxurious mobile homes on one side, and old Northwood apartments on the other side. plus only two community pools.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline ThirtySomethingWEquity

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 13
  • -Received: 15
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2021, 11:02:55 AM »

Except you have those luxurious mobile homes on one side, and old Northwood apartments on the other side. plus only two community pools.

100% with you.  It's a nice neighborhood in a vacuum but it's not in a vacuum it's on Irvine Blvd by a very old mobile home park.  I'd pick the houses further south in Portola Springs over Eastwood. 

Offline DBtoOC

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 11
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2021, 11:06:46 AM »

100% with you.  It's a nice neighborhood in a vacuum but it's not in a vacuum it's on Irvine Blvd by a very old mobile home park.  I'd pick the houses further south in Portola Springs over Eastwood.

I also would choose the Portola Springs neighborhood over Eastwood.  Aside from the other issues mentioned earlier, Eastwood just feels too 'cookie-cutter'...it doesn't feel special.  But to each their own.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 42
  • -Received: 61
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2021, 12:35:38 PM »

I also would choose the Portola Springs neighborhood over Eastwood.  Aside from the other issues mentioned earlier, Eastwood just feels too 'cookie-cutter'...it doesn't feel special.  But to each their own.

You can kiss most of the not-so-cookie-cutter days bye bye. Irvine Co. doesn't really design communities in that way anymore.

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 94
  • -Received: 51
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »
And how more new communities can we see in irvine? I guess the ones in Portola springs will be last major one right?

Online USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2611
  • -Received: 2104
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2021, 01:19:52 PM »
And how more new communities can we see in irvine? I guess the ones in Portola springs will be last major one right?

There are more homes coming in Portola Springs and Orchard Hills (Northwest corner of Jeffery/Portola) and that's it besides Great Park which will take another 10+ years to build out.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2021, 02:53:54 PM »
My wife and I were reviewing the pros and cons of the Fresco Plan 1x. As I mentioned earlier, the floor plan is not ideal but I wanted to get some opinions from the experts on this forum on the floor plan cons that I have noted below. Will these cons be of a big concern if for future resale perspective?
1. Secondary Bathroom and sinks adjacent to Primary bedroom as shown below. (Most floor plans I have seen for SFR have the primary bed room tucked away from secondary bedrooms and bath.)

2. Reduced counter space kitchen:

Ultimately, it will be our decision, but looking to get some feedback from RE professionals.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 09:19:35 PM by Irvinehomeseeker »

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 573
  • -Received: 1064
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2021, 12:13:05 PM »

Beside the ongoing new tracts in the Portola Springs, OH1(Groves), OH3(Reserve) and GP, there are GP District 5 (over 3000 homes) and OH4, just north of EW with less than 300 homes proposed. 

The GP District 5 will be the last major neighborhood but southern half will be zone to Lake Forest's Saddleback Valley Unified School District.

I post some info on this topic back in 2016,

https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14947.msg300330.html#msg300330

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 456
  • -Received: 690
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2021, 02:39:05 PM »

Beside the ongoing new tracts in the Portola Springs, OH1(Groves), OH3(Reserve) and GP, there are GP District 5 (over 3000 homes) and OH4, just north of EW with less than 300 homes proposed. 

The GP District 5 will be the last major neighborhood but southern half will be zone to Lake Forest's Saddleback Valley Unified School District.

Don't forget about the IBC (Irvine Business Complex). The area is zoned for 15,000 residential units.

IBC Residential Projects as of May 2021:
Map:
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=10247
List:
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=24784

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline marmott

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 36
  • -Received: 87
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2021, 03:29:34 PM »
My wife and I were reviewing the pros and cons of the Fresco Plan 1x. As I mentioned earlier, the floor plan is not ideal but I wanted to get some opinions from the experts on this forum on the floor plan cons that I have noted below. Will these cons be of a big concern if for future resale perspective?
1. Secondary Bathroom and sinks adjacent to Primary bedroom as shown below. (Most floor plans I have seen for SFR have the primary bed room tucked away from secondary bedrooms and bath.)

Ultimately, it will be our decision, but looking to get some feedback from RE professionals.

For point 1, do you know if the builder puts sound insulation in the wall or has an option to do it in the design center? I would be worried if there was no way to get insulation installed ibut with it it should be okay.

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2021, 04:26:03 PM »

For point 1, do you know if the builder puts sound insulation in the wall or has an option to do it in the design center? I would be worried if there was no way to get insulation installed ibut with it it should be okay.

builder provides Add on Insulation as an upgrade. This will be put in select locations. I will be selecting that option. I hope that would be sufficient for the expected noise from the secondary bath to the primary bedroom.

Online USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2611
  • -Received: 2104
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2021, 05:47:10 PM »

Don't forget about the IBC (Irvine Business Complex). The area is zoned for 15,000 residential units.

IBC Residential Projects as of May 2021:
Map:
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=10247
List:
https://legacy.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=24784

Those look to be mostly apartments and then attached 3-level condos so not really what most buyers are looking for currently. 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters