Author Topic: Fresco @ Eastwood Village  (Read 60745 times)

Offline trematix

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 7
Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village
« Reply #495 on: April 29, 2022, 07:38:50 PM »
Will also be using Steve once were ready for the walk through.

IP seems to be really good with their schedule. I know people with IP homes who signed around same time as me and after that are already closing or about to close.

Im still a couple months away in August

Our home is scheduled for final walk thru next month.
Since IP doesnt allow pre drywall inspection, final inspection is the only thing I can do.  Does anyone have a recommendation on 3rd party inspector? How much do i expect to pay for 3k sqft home?

TIA

Steve from Built-Rite is the person have used In the last 2 new home builds. Charges about 450-500$.

IP normally does a pretty job with their builds. Inspection from Steve didn't find anything major...mostly cosmetic. IP has a 30 day walk thru and they take care of things pretty well. The 3rd party Inspection is mostly peace of mind...but after spending close to 2M for a Fresco home, 500$ for peace of mind is not a bad deal  :)

Offline Yousr

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 9
« Reply #496 on: April 30, 2022, 08:30:14 PM »
Since IP doesnt allow pre drywall inspection, final inspection is the only thing I can do.  Does anyone have a recommendation on 3rd party inspector? How much do i expect to pay for 3k sqft home?

TIA

Just wondering if they are offering you a pre-orientation walk through in addition to a final walk through on the day of closing or only the final one. I am asking because their customer care rep. told me that for future phases they are going to do only the final walk through as they don’t have enough resources. They will address all your issues after closing regardless.

Offline CalBears96

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 123
« Reply #497 on: April 30, 2022, 09:24:32 PM »

TIA

Just wondering if they are offering you a pre-orientation walk through in addition to a final walk through on the day of closing or only the final one. I am asking because their customer care rep. told me that for future phases they are going to do only the final walk through as they don’t have enough resources. They will address all your issues after closing regardless.

They only offer one final walk through. My walk through for Bluffs 2 is 5/25 (original closing date) and closing date is 5/27.

Offline Yousr

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 9
« Reply #498 on: April 30, 2022, 10:53:55 PM »

TIA

They only offer one final walk through. My walk through for Bluffs 2 is 5/25 (original closing date) and closing date is 5/27.

I see. They used to provide 2 walk throughs 1 week apart which was kinda nice, you know, to knock down any major issues before you actually can start moving in. Generally, you want to pay very close attention to the house for the first few weeks. I think their quality of finish and sign-off standards have been very lax due to the pandemic. However, they will stand by everything that needs to be remedied is my experience.

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 26
« Reply #499 on: May 01, 2022, 02:18:12 PM »

TIA

I see. They used to provide 2 walk throughs 1 week apart which was kinda nice, you know, to knock down any major issues before you actually can start moving in. Generally, you want to pay very close attention to the house for the first few weeks. I think their quality of finish and sign-off standards have been very lax due to the pandemic. However, they will stand by everything that needs to be remedied is my experience.

My final walk through is on the 05/26. Closing on 06/02 and meet up with construction manager.   My guess is on 06/02 they will go over what they are able fix/adjust from first final walk through and things they will try address post escrow.

I was able to reserve Steve from Bilt-Rite for inspection on final walk through day just for a piece of mind.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 03:10:52 PM by Danimal »

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #500 on: May 07, 2022, 08:09:30 PM »
Does Eastwood HOA allow satellite disc?

Tia

Offline TestingIrvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 15
« Reply #501 on: May 08, 2022, 02:54:09 PM »

Tia

I see some in Eastwood. I think it depends on your specific condo HOA if it’s a condo, not the Eastwood HOA

Offline IrvineRealEstate

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #502 on: May 08, 2022, 03:01:44 PM »
Are there other inspectors worth asking as well?  Always good to check a few, at least I think.  Thanks.

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #503 on: May 08, 2022, 04:09:40 PM »

Tia

I see some in Eastwood. I think it depends on your specific condo HOA if it’s a condo, not the Eastwood HOA

The ones you see are from SFR?
It’s for Fresco home.  There is no other HOA aside Eastwood one since it’s a SFR.

Offline SM

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #504 on: May 18, 2022, 11:18:06 PM »
Are the new constructions homes in Fresco plan 1x, 2x and 3x appraising to the purchase price ? Or are the bank appraisals falling short.
Information on this would be helpful. TIA

Offline Danimal

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #505 on: Yesterday at 07:25:48 AM »
Are the new constructions homes in Fresco plan 1x, 2x and 3x appraising to the purchase price ? Or are the bank appraisals falling short.
Information on this would be helpful. TIA

Just had mine appraised by Bofa lender. It’s $10k over final purchase price. I think this kind of appraisal is procedural for loan paperwork but nothing more. The comps are 3 or 4 houses with recent sold prices at least $300k above my final purchase price.

If the same appraiser do later phrases with the same principals, estimated home values definitely will be less than purchase prices.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal