USC Black Students Complained Pronunciation of a Chinese Word Affected Health

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally!  I hear this ALL THE TIME when I listen to Mandarin speakers.  Then I ask them what word is that it sounds like "N----", and they usually say they have no idea what I'm talking about because my pronunciation is bad. 

Then they start talking again and I hear it again.  I thought I was the only one.  It really does sound like N word though when most Mandarin speakers say it.  Watch the video in the link.  Totally sounds like the guy is saying the N word.

Seems a fairly easy check to verify if he disabled zoom recording then said the word.  It's a USC MBA class, much be 40+people on the video.

We already have a Snowflake thread.  How dumb would I have to be to take any sort of offense by someone speaking a foreign language, and not to me, who happens to utter a phrase that sounds like "daedalusyurapinkonutjob"?

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
With all the Chinese in Irvine I?m surprise you aren?t familiar with the word. It?s Nega, it?s a filler word, similar to hmm or uh

From my limited understanding, I thought it meant something along the lines of "this one" or "that"

Back