Best Milk Tea in Irvine?

aquabliss

Alright guys, let me know what your favorite local milk tea spot is?  I love milk tea, and a boba shops milk tea flavor is the benchmark for a good quality spot. 

I?m not a fan of the brown sugar or cheese foam craze, but would like to know what is your favorite and best quality, most legit milk tea made with real brewed black or oolong tea.

I?ve been wanting to try Orobae but haven?t gotten there yet.  Not a fan of OneZo, Redstraw, Lollicup.  I?ve heard Tastea is also good and not sure if Omomo has good milk tea but they?re more known for their ice blended drinks.

Tastea is good because they have real fruit add-ins.

Our latest tea obsession (not all of us do the boba) is Sunright. They have 2 locations in Irvine, in Diamond Jamboree (where the Lollicup used to be near 85) and off of Irvine Center Drive and Jeffrey.

Thanks IHO - Awhile back I noticed the Sunright on Irvine Center during a trip to Dukes Bakery but forgot about it.  Will have to give it a try.

From my experience you can have either great tea or great boba, not both...

OneZo I think makes the best quality Boba balls
If you just care about toppings and variety of toppings you cant beat Class 302

For tea quality HN Tea is really good but if it's not close there are enough 7leaves around and their quality is decent.

I call myself quite a boba pro hahaha

You want to avoid places like Lollicup since I think they use more powder mixes. 
I prefer places that use real brown sugar like Meet Fresh (current favorite in OC).. sunright isn't too bad...85 degree is not bad..the alley at the spectrum is decent too (just get the regular deeroica, not the creme brule version) boiling point also is not too bad

however if you ever make it to rowland heights area, the best one is Tiger Sugar... it's better than everything above

I'm definitely no expert on this stuff, but I like Ding Tea and Orobae.  FYI - I only like Milk Tea. 

Never heard of Orobae... need to try it out.

We try to visit different ones... we like 7 Leaves but that's more of custom drinks place.

Been to Ding Tea and Share Tea. There is also one called Tan Cha off of University and Michelson... it's a bit like Omomo without the lines.

It depends on what you are looking for:

Overall favorite:  Onezo...fresh boba and the drinks are decent.  Pricey and limited menus

Favorite "tea" place:  Spiritea...legit real tea but not great for milk tea (you should not ruining good tea with milk)

Favorite fruit drink place:  Bambu...really good flavor and lots of choices. 

Other good places:  Sharetea (UCI) and Omomomo.

Want to try:  Orabae

Tried Redstraw again today, wanted to give it another chance, probably hadn?t been ther in a year.  Based on the reviews we steered clear of the milk tea and tried Watermelon mint mojito. 

Eh, really disappointed, won?t be going back.  Ok I finally need to try Orobae for that Rising Phoenix.  Probably need to go on a weekday morning or something to avoid the wait.

Omomo off Culver is what we have been trying lately.  The online only ordering system makes it easy.  I avoid the Omomo off Alton/Jeffrey at all costs.  Sunlight Tea Studio has pretty good milk tea but not many varieties for milk tea.  Not sure what the craze is about Orobae.  We tried it and thought it was just decent.  Waiting for a Half and Half to open up in OC. 

shadyoc said:
Omomo off Culver is what we have been trying lately.  The online only ordering system makes it easy.  I avoid the Omomo off Alton/Jeffrey at all costs.  Sunlight Tea Studio has pretty good milk tea but not many varieties for milk tea.  Not sure what the craze is about Orobae.  We tried it and thought it was just decent.  Waiting for a Half and Half to open up in OC.

Yes...Half and Half is great but of course they will jack up the prices if they ever come into Irvine.

For those Omomo fans, what is your favorite drink there?  Want to give it a try this week sometime.

Love the Omomo Matcha
https://www.omomoteashoppe.com/drinks/omomo-matcha

348s.jpg

aquabliss said:
For those Omomo fans, what is your favorite drink there?  Want to give it a try this week sometime.

Finally tried Orobae, saw a lot of reviews that said the boba was plain and bland - I had just the opposite experience.  Boba was fresh, perfect texture and sweetness, probably the best I?ve had in years outside Taiwan or Japan. 
Got the Rising Phoenix of course, wa really good but will try Hokkaido next time, which will be soon cuz I?m already craving their boba again.

iacrenter said:
Which drink did you end up getting at Omomo?

aquabliss said:

I went but line was too long so didn?t end up getting anything.  Will try again next week.

Back