Author Topic: Best Milk Tea in Irvine?  (Read 13095 times)

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 42
  • -Received: 62
Re: Best Milk Tea in Irvine?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2020, 05:11:20 PM »
Finally checked out Orobae and tried the Rising Phoenix, sweetness level 3, tapioca, and regular ice. Very impressed with the tea taste and fresh tasting tapioca. The gentleman taking orders was extremely friendly and knowledgable. When I told him it was my first time, he took the time to explain the menu and insisted I taste the drink before walking away. If I wasn't completely satisfied he would make it right. I will definitely be back to try more items.

Yeah, the staff there is always very nice! The Hokkaido and the Red Jade are really good too for next time.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline aquabliss

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 220
  • -Received: 821
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 10:08:40 AM »
Finally checked out Orobae and tried the Rising Phoenix, sweetness level 3, tapioca, and regular ice. Very impressed with the tea taste and fresh tasting tapioca. The gentleman taking orders was extremely friendly and knowledgable. When I told him it was my first time, he took the time to explain the menu and insisted I taste the drink before walking away. If I wasn't completely satisfied he would make it right. I will definitely be back to try more items.

Ya I have a feeling they take the time to talk to everyone and make conversation so that the line grows and it builds curiosity from passerbys and they end up giving it a try due to what looks like high popularity.  Anyhow it's nice that they are so friendly there and the customer service is great.  They'll trade your drink for another if you're not satisfied.  I'm a pretty loyal customer now, tried all the milk teas.  The rising phoenix, hokkaido, and red jade are all very good.  My one gripe is they don't have an XL size.  I always wish I had just a little bit more when I'm done.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline HMart

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 230
  • -Received: 78
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2021, 12:18:24 PM »
What's the best milk tea that you can order online? Both Orobae and Omomo are nice but you have to wait in line. I don't mind picking it up in person (prefer it to delivery actually due to less hands touching) but waiting is no bueno

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2021, 12:55:14 PM »
I think I've tried all the places in this thread now, and still feel Orobae is the pretty clear winner, both in terms of the tea and boba quality.

I just wish the large size at Orobae was a bit bigger, or they offered an Xtra Large.  If Orobae has the 32oz like Tastea, I'd gladly pay extra.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2667
  • -Received: 4020
  • 3CWG
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2021, 03:11:40 PM »
Orobae has Omomo-like lines last time I passed by.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline HMart

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 230
  • -Received: 78
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2021, 02:40:19 PM »
I spoke to an employee at Orobae who seemed like a manager or owner. Told him I would appreciate it if they did online ordering. He said they are working on their own tech platform as they apparently have some kind of tech company tie-up. He also said that their concern about online ordering is that it would increase the wait for in-person customers.

We went at like 830p last night and the line was 2 persons long. Faster than Starbucks. Of course, this is not how it usually is.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 458
  • -Received: 694
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2021, 03:19:33 PM »
Just make it online ONLY. Stick a QR Code poster outside and call it  a day. It will be safer for staff and they can focus on drink production.

Offline ParkPark

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2021, 03:30:05 PM »
HNtea opened near the technology costco. I prefer it to Omomo but Orobae is still my favorite.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2021, 03:31:48 PM »
I spoke to an employee at Orobae who seemed like a manager or owner. Told him I would appreciate it if they did online ordering. He said they are working on their own tech platform as they apparently have some kind of tech company tie-up. He also said that their concern about online ordering is that it would increase the wait for in-person customers.

We went at like 830p last night and the line was 2 persons long. Faster than Starbucks. Of course, this is not how it usually is.

That guy is so nice. I think he is the owner. They really do need online ordering. Lately, I've been getting lucky and waiting 5 mins or less, but sometimes that line makes me leave and go elsewhere.

Offline paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 51
  • -Received: 109
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2021, 09:25:12 PM »

That guy is so nice. I think he is the owner. They really do need online ordering. Lately, I've been getting lucky and waiting 5 mins or less, but sometimes that line makes me leave and go elsewhere.

That guy is great.  I went there when he first opened pre-COVID and he would offer to remake my drink even if it were just a little bit off.  He's still there now chatting with his customers to make sure they're taken care of. 
Thanks in advance for the 'thanks'!!

Offline hamilton

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2021, 11:23:43 PM »
Another tip if you're trying to boba/milktea delivery try using Fantuan instead of the silicon valley apps.. its made with chinese/asian restaurants in mind so is accepted by more of the mom and pop asian restaurants and often has promotions which make it a lot cheaper than the doordash/etc apps....

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2021, 02:06:04 PM »
Another tip if you're trying to boba/milktea delivery try using Fantuan instead of the silicon valley apps.. its made with chinese/asian restaurants in mind so is accepted by more of the mom and pop asian restaurants and often has promotions which make it a lot cheaper than the doordash/etc apps....

Yeah, just cross your fingers that your milk tea isn't splattered all over the inside of their car given how crazy they drive around town. They speed, run red lights, turn in front of oncoming traffic. It's great!

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 240
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2021, 07:22:26 PM »
I personally really like Ding Tea. I like their boba consistency.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2021, 09:34:37 PM »
Just make it online ONLY. Stick a QR Code poster outside and call it  a day. It will be safer for staff and they can focus on drink production.

This is a great idea, this is pretty much how they do it at Sunright.  However, I have a feeling they like the long lines outside.  Every time I wait in it I see 2-3 curious people looking trying to figure out what they sell in there and why the line is so long.  I would think it helps bring new customers. 

My dad always said if you get excited because the restaurant parking lot is empty and you don’t have to wait for a table, there’s probably a good reason and you should eat somewhere else.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2021, 09:37:58 PM »
On a non Irvine Milk Tea related note, I tried this place today:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/loose-leaf-boba-co-santa-ana-8

Tried 3 drinks.  Hong Kong Milk Tea, Bananas Foster, and Agua Fresca.  Bananas Foster was really good and unique, others were meh.  The boba also was good texture and taste.  I’d go back for the bananas foster drink again.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal