Small pool

jyeh74

Let's say your setback from the CA room to the wall is 11'.  Does that give you enough space to put in a small dipping pool and spa?  Has anyone done this?

irvineboy said:
Let's say your setback from the CA room to the wall is 11'.  Does that give you enough space to put in a small dipping pool and spa?  Has anyone done this?

Way too small yard for a pool, maybe a spa in one corner. My pool is going to be 12-13 wide and that's about as wide as I want to go with 27-28 deep yard (to the retaining wall). 

I don't know if you could get the proper permits and/or HOA approval for a pool with a 11' setback.

You may be able to put in one of those endless lap pools but they are super pricey.

Irvinecommuter said:
Seriously...I would never get a pool cause of maintenance cost and potential liability.

I had always felt that way but have changed my mind since Covid.

Any recommendations for modern designer pool contractor that is not only working on high end jobs?  I have a small budget and wondering if there are pool contractors.

shadyoc said:
Any recommendations for modern designer pool contractor that is not only working on high end jobs?  I have a small budget and wondering if there are pool contractors.

We used Swan Pools twice, in 2016 and 2017. We got multiple bids and Swan was very price competitive.

More importantly, both pools came out great and the process was mostly smooth.

Here's their yelp page.https://www.yelp.com/biz/swan-pools-lake-forest

Our contact person was Domie Quintana. He is the senior designer at Swan pool and he's great.

His direct email is dq@swanpools.com

I've heard from a neighbor recently that cost has gone up significantly. Even a modest "spool" would cost north of 75k without softscape.

Liar Loan said:
Is Irvine not even providing swimming pools for your HOA dollars anymore?

Spoken like a lucky guy who's never gotten the pink eye.  ;D

I've been in many different pools across different countries and cities.  And the truth is kids will pee in the pool all the same.

Doesn't matter if they are rich or poor, from good neighborhood or bad neighborhood. Kids will be kids. And they pee in the pool.

If you're an avid swimmer, having your own salt water / saline pool is worth the cost.

Not just for avoiding catching nasty stuff like pink eyes. It's nice to not have to scrub your balls so hard, feeling your skin peeling off just to get the chlorine smell off.

Kenkoko said:
shadyoc said:

Thank you for the referral.  I looked at his Yelp and it doesn?t appear that he does many modern style pools.  I will contact him and see.  I see company called Pool Logic but I think they went out of business and the owner is now OC Poolscapes.  But don?t know the quality of their work when they have to change names.  Splashes overcharges. 

We used Swan Pools twice, in 2016 and 2017. We got multiple bids and Swan was very price competitive.

More importantly, both pools came out great and the process was mostly smooth.

Here's their yelp page.https://www.yelp.com/biz/swan-pools-lake-forest

Our contact person was Domie Quintana. He is the senior designer at Swan pool and he's great.

His direct email is dq@swanpools.com

I've heard from a neighbor recently that cost has gone up significantly. Even a modest "spool" would cost north of 75k without softscape.

Back