Brand new Single Family Home at $500,000 in Chino/ 15 min from OC.

mikemikehome

Brand new single family home at $500,000 in Chino.  only 20 min from Orange County.

Best Value for New Single Family Home in SoCal.

? Top-ranked Chino Hills High School
? Community pool, tot lot and basketball half-court
? Convenient access to Hwy. 71 and 91, close to work in Anaheim, Fullerton and Irvine via Toll Road.
? Minutes to Chino Hills State Park
? Close to LA/Ontario International Airport

for more information, please call 714 548 9224 or email  myma@kbhome.com.    Mike Ma

Attachments

• Plan 4 traditional.jpg
    Plan 4 traditional.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 221
  • plan 5 italinatte.jpg
    plan 5 italinatte.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • plan 1 C.jpg
    plan 1 C.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 164
No way it's that short of a drive, an old co-worker lives out that way, one accident and its 1+hr even using the toll road.  He never stays late or went to Happy Hours since he didn't want to sit in traffic (note we worked east coast hours so he'd leave by 230 latest) and even coming in at 530 6, he said he'd hit the occasional traffic.  I have coworkers that live in Corona near Greenriver, right by the 71 where'd you come in from Chino...he hates the traffic too and sometimes it takes him 1+ hour to get in too working at 6am.  He says he wakes up at around 4am every day.  I'll pay the premium to live in Irvine and get more sleep and not waste 2 hours of my day sitting in the car.

irvinehomeowner said:
Is it 15 or 20 minutes from OC?

In traffic... it's longer than that.

I think the op means 20 minutes to north oc, using the tollroad, and after hours. Then maybe it is 20 minutes. Lol

Is this the Preserve? I mean technically yes it is 15 minutes from OC. Probably 30 minutes to Irvine without traffic. The red line is the OC border.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-30 193418.png
    Annotation 2020-08-30 193418.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 191
Maybe this is Covid trip time.

Pre-Covid, traffic is horrendous into OC in the morning and out of OC in the evening... even with a toll road to Irvine... the bottleneck is the 91.

My point is....technically these homes are only a few miles from "OC" but not Irvine OC.

Pre-Covid...it takes me like 15-25 minutes get home and I work in Irvine. 

Chino Hills has been the OC alternative for like 15 years...we looked at the Preserves when it opened in like 2006 and watch it crash in 2008. 

People don't even want to buy in Baker's Ranch or Foothill Ranch because it's not Irvine...Chino Hills is not going to do any better.

May be a good investment property though.

Yea I have an investment at the Preserve. Very easy to cash flow there. Not much equity gain since owning it though.

Cares said:
Yea I have an investment at the Preserve. Very easy to cash flow there. Not much equity gain since owning it though.

I also forgot to mention the small airport and state correctional facilities (plural) nearby...

You forgot the manure smell 24/7. Strong rental market regardless of those factors. Rent for purchase price ratio is pretty high there compared to other affordable areas.

I'm getting $2,600 to $3,000 on a $500k house is good return.

Cares said:
You forgot the manure smell 24/7. Strong rental market regardless of those factors. Rent for purchase price ratio is pretty high there compared to other affordable areas.

I'm getting $2,600 to $3,000 on a $500k house is good return.

Nice...I knew the manure smell was there in 2006...was not sure if it changed since.

I remember the salespeople touting the size of the lot/backyard and I was thinking...who the heck is going to spend time in their yard when it is like 100+ in the summer and smell like a dairy farm.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
I was just at the preserve thinking of adding to the portfolio. Didn?t notice any dairy farm smells. 2% tax rate is bothersome though.

It's 2% because property values are so low. If the homes were $1m or so then the rate would be closer to 1%. The AD tax is flat rate and not percentage of purchase price.

Cares said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
I was just at the preserve thinking of adding to the portfolio. Didn?t notice any dairy farm smells. 2% tax rate is bothersome though.

It's 2% because property values are so low. If the homes were $1m or so then the rate would be closer to 1%. The AD tax is flat rate and not percentage of purchase price.

Isn?t this true of all homes with property tax addendums?  If I buy $1M house in Irvine with $5k MR, the tax rate will be closer to 1% if my house value goes to $2M.

aquabliss said:
Cares said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

Isn?t this true of all homes with property tax addendums?  If I buy $1M house in Irvine with $5k MR, the tax rate will be closer to 1% if my house value goes to $2M.

Yes it is. I was commenting that it feels a little annoying to me to pay 2% on something vs a lower % regardless of what the absolute amounts are.

I am enjoying my cash flow on my Chino property. Little to no equity gains but hey I'm cash positive and my tenant is paying down my loan balance so I can't complain. It's a "cheap" investment and less headaches because it is new construction.

eyephone said:
If I consider Inland Empire. Why not Eastvale? Better school ranking.
Thank you for bringing that up. For someone just getting into inland then yes, Eastvale, corona, and riverside before chino. They have higher entry points but if you?re someone who already owns in OC it shouldn?t be a barrier to you.

Cares said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I thought it was 2% cause they never fully built it out...I remember people freaking out about the situation in 2008/2009 because HOA and mello roos were going through the roof.

Back