Cypress Village East New Construction

Cares

The previously slated affordable housing (red section) in CVE is now slated for to be 83 condominium homes like Lantana.

4.1 acre total area with 0.3 acres to be a passive park area adjacent to Garden Point Park.

Attachments

• CVE.jpg
    CVE.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 299
Cares said:
The previously slated affordable housing (red section) in CVE is now slated for to be 83 condominium homes like Lantana.

4.1 acre total area with 0.3 acres to be a passive park area adjacent to Garden Point Park.

All of the East properties are like neglected step children...total after thought.

They need more retail...not more housing.

Retail was supposed to be that huge plot of land to the left of the ice rink. I think that got scrapped though and 5 Point is gonna put more houses there.

Cares said:
This is in a residential zone though. Retail wouldn't make sense whatsoever.

It can be zoned commercial...it's not like Irvine is going to stop rezoning.

A lot of the communities in Irvine are hurt by the lack of retail...Woodbury, Stonegate, and Eastwood all have a plus factor because they are close to Woodbury Town Center and Zion Market.

Portola Springs, Pavilion Parks, and Beacon Park all lack easy access to retail.  I know it's just a mile or two but I am of the belief that it really matters.

that mile makes a huge difference with the Irvine population density going up, up, up...

I moved here from the SGV where asians and latinos are on top of each other. driving one mile on garfield can take 20 minutes on a typical weekend!

Oh wow! Thanks for the update! That's an interesting move.

I'll be surprised if they go with a Lantana extension since Brisa & Carissa are the exact same models.

Sidehussle said:
that mile makes a huge difference with the Irvine population density going up, up, up...

I moved here from the SGV where asians and latinos are on top of each other. driving one mile on garfield can take 20 minutes on a typical weekend!

I used to live up in the LA area years ago and it was already bad, Irvine is becoming just as bad, traffic is horrible in Irvine in general, doesn't matter where you go, so access to those toll roads/freeways is a +.  Can't be too close though, then you run into health issues.  >:D

Back