Author Topic: NBA Playoffs  (Read 6904 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
Re: NBA Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 09:38:19 AM »
As usual, money talks. This was poorly planned, no plan. I don’t really care for sports bringing in social justice into sports, but I understand why they do it.

The rumor is that the Milwaukee bucks players are looking to set up a meeting with the Wisconsin Attorney General.

You are right there was no plan. This is a harmless message by the NBA, WNBA, MLS, MLB, NFL players that there is a problem.

So far no response from Trump or Kanye.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:44:05 AM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 09:40:34 AM »
LeBron is a bit of a hypocrite as well as are the rest of the nba players. They were nowhere to be found on China issue.

I wish he was more vocal about the China issues but I do not see why he cannot lead on this issue.

Two separate issues.
Also, before you blame LeBron on China. Look at companies/farmers/business that do business with China.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 09:42:04 AM »
If China was the enemy? Why is the US selling food (meat, vegetables, etc,,) to China?

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 614
  • -Received: 571
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 09:51:51 AM »
LeBron is a bit of a hypocrite as well as are the rest of the nba players. They were nowhere to be found on China issue.

I wish he was more vocal about the China issues but I do not see why he cannot lead on this issue.

Two separate issues.
Also, before you blame LeBron on China. Look at companies/farmers/business that do business with China.

Also...I am not sure why someone needs to be "right" on every issue before they can comment on a single issue.  I can support Lebron for his stance on racial issues in this country and condemn him for his silence on China. 

It is also very possible/likely that Lebron simply does not have the personal connection with the China issue like he has with the racial issue. 

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2785
  • -Received: 1861
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »

Two separate issues.

Also...I am not sure why someone needs to be "right" on every issue before they can comment on a single issue.  I can support Lebron for his stance on racial issues in this country and condemn him for his silence on China. 

It is also very possible/likely that Lebron simply does not have the personal connection with the China issue like he has with the racial issue. 

I agree with everything you said. I said the same thing about the black athletes not having the connection to the China issue. 

However, he could have just said something. He didn’t have to follow up with any actions regarding China but it would show he has a consistent view on social justice issues. Instead he came out and said Daryl Morey didn’t understand the issue.

It doesn’t mean he isn’t a hypocrite. That’s fine. Most people are. Just pointing it out

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2020, 10:11:18 AM »
So I was watching CBS sports HQ stream early this morning regarding the NBA. Not bad for free.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »
As usual, money talks. This was poorly planned, no plan. I don%u2019t really care for sports bringing in social justice into sports, but I understand why they do it.

The rumor is that the Milwaukee bucks players are looking to set up a meeting with the Wisconsin Attorney General.

You are right there was no plan. This is a harmless message by the NBA, WNBA, MLS, MLB, NFL players that there is a problem.

So far no response from Trump or Kanye.  ;)

Trump responded and said he doesn%u2019t know much about it, but he knows the NBA ratings are bad. What! Lol Sorry he is a joke!

Biden and Harris has spoke to the family of Jacob Blake.
And Kayne? (The Other presidential candidate - K to the ...)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 02:08:25 PM by eyephone »

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 350
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »
boy that was fast...what happened to cancelling the whole season? folding less than 48 hours later is not how you gain credibility or make change  ;D

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »
boy that was fast...what happened to cancelling the whole season? folding less than 48 hours later is not how you gain credibility or make change  ;D
There did make a change. Majority or not all of the nba teams will make the arena available for voting. (For the arenas owned by the team)

Offline paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 52
  • -Received: 113
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
There did make a change. Majority or not all of the nba teams will make the arena available for voting. (For the arenas owned by the team)

that's big in the battleground states.  Doesn't mean so much for CA, MA, and Toronto.
Thanks in advance for the 'thanks'!!

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2020, 02:32:31 PM »

You can vote by mail. So no real change.

As usual, money talked.  Just like LeBron shut up about China because it was going to hit them in the wallet. Now the players voted with their wallets is well. Which is what most of us would have done.

Driving real change can take a lot of sacrifice and most of us are too selfish to make the sacrifice. 

If they would have walked out on the rest of the season they said the owners would have lost anywhere from 700M to a billion and that would have led to the owners canceling their current CBA, which would have not ended up well for the players. So what did they do, take the money. It’s always about the money even when it’s not about the money.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2020, 02:33:10 PM »

My thoughts exactly

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2020, 02:55:02 PM »

As usual, money talked.  Just like LeBron shut up about China because it was going to hit them in the wallet. Now the players voted with their wallets is well. Which is what most of us would have done.

Driving real change can take a lot of sacrifice and most of us are too selfish to make the sacrifice. 

If they would have walked out on the rest of the season they said the owners would have lost anywhere from 700M to a billion and that would have led to the owners canceling their current CBA, which would have not ended up well for the players. So what did they do, take the money. It%u2019s always about the money even when it%u2019s not about the money.

Vote by mail is questionable according to Trump. But if you vote by mail for Trump it is okay. Trump even voted by mail recently.
This is a big step. Because the recent primaries there are people waiting 7 plus hours to vote.

Online USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2949
  • -Received: 2297
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2020, 08:02:02 PM »

If they would have walked out on the rest of the season they said the owners would have lost anywhere from 700M to a billion and that would have led to the owners canceling their current CBA, which would have not ended up well for the players. So what did they do, take the money. It’s always about the money even when it’s not about the money.

No way they were going to cancel  the season, too much money at stake. As the saying goes, when someone says it's not about the money it always is about the money. Most of these athletes live paycheck to paycheck and would be in a world of hurt if they stopped getting paid.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 157
  • -Received: 583
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2020, 08:19:51 PM »
As usual, money talks. This was poorly planned, no plan. I don’t really care for sports bringing in social justice into sports, but I understand why they do it.

How long does it take to do your Woke selfie and go back to normal?

/cynicism

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Retail Openings and Closures by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 01:13:48 PM]

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Today at 01:03:49 PM]

Re: coronavirus by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 12:49:50 PM]

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Today at 12:24:15 PM]

Pizza? Bagels? Nope. You Need Banh Mi to Get Employees Back to the Office. by WTTCHMN
[Today at 12:17:15 PM]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal