Sam Woo Finally Got Caught

So what happened?
Did Sam Woo employees try to apply for unemployment and realize EDD wasn't getting their payment, so they get no $600 /week federal enhancement? as well as the standard state unemployment money?  Covid sure fucked shit up.

Wonder how many other "cash only" restaurants they'll start going after since tax revenues are needed in a big way.

zubs said:
So what happened?
Did Sam Woo employees try to apply for unemployment and realize EDD wasn't getting their payment, so they get no $600 /week federal enhancement? as well as the standard state unemployment money?  Covid sure fucked shit up.

Guess covid was the tide rolling in a long way. As the saying goes, if you play with fire sooner or later you'll get burned.

Does that mean I have to use credit cards now going to Sam Woo express?

Or soon to be Fed-Coins apps.

This bitcoin too will get the same boots as cash only.

Our government just getting started. They want honest citizens, but the FED is running a ponzi-scheme and it?s ok for them to frauds.

eyephone said:
I assume cash only restaurants/business have been on the radar.

In general, tax collection is down due to COVID. So the government must find money and crack down.  ;)

Don't worry.  Many restaurants have stopped taking cash due to COVID-19 and the trend toward cashless will continue.  Revelation ch 13 verse 15?18 will become a reality as we get chipped in our right hands for cashless transactions and marked on the forehead for vaccinated.

Now where did I put my Iron Maiden tapes...

sleepy5136 said:
That is pretty incredible that selling fast food cantonese food can generate millions of dollars.... I'm very shocked about that. It seems like the San Gabriel location closed for good too.https://www.yelp.com/biz/sam-woo-barbecue-san-gabriel

Most restaurants of that size generate at least a million dollars in revenue in a given year. Add the factors of being a relatively niche Asian food (Dim Sum + Cantonese BBQ) in a highly Asian concentrated area, and it isn't too surprising. If Sam Woo was in Newport or Huntington, it may be surprising.

GenericIrvineResident said:
sleepy5136 said:
That is pretty incredible that selling fast food cantonese food can generate millions of dollars.... I'm very shocked about that. It seems like the San Gabriel location closed for good too.https://www.yelp.com/biz/sam-woo-barbecue-san-gabriel

Most restaurants of that size generate at least a million dollars in revenue in a given year. Add the factors of being a relatively niche Asian food (Dim Sum + Cantonese BBQ) in a highly Asian concentrated area, and it isn't too surprising. If Sam Woo was in Newport or Huntington, it may be surprising.

I still find that hard to believe considering there is so much competition in the 626 area. Not to mention their food is very inconsistent between branches. For 626 standards, I feel its okay. Also, 626 is mostly mainland chinese and not so much Cantonese.

Back