Drive-in Movies at the Spectrum

irvinehomeowner

https://www.irvinespectrumcenter.com/events-promotions/hello-summer

Monday, August 17: Secret Life of Pets 2 (PG | Recommended for ages 7+)
Purchase Secret Life of Pets 2 Drive-In Tickets

Tuesday, August 18: 500 Days of Summer (PG | Recommended for ages 14+)
Purchase 500 Days of Summer Drive-In Tickets

Wednesday, August 19: Yesterday (PG | Recommended for ages 13+)
Purchase Yesterday Drive-In Tickets

Thursday, August 20: Grease (PG | Recommended for ages 12+)
Purchase Grease Drive-In Tickets

Wonder why they are not doing newer releases considering it's $30-$50 per car.

Wonder why they are not doing newer releases considering it's $30-$50 per car.

Because they?ll still sell tickets. People are bored AF and looking for places to spend $$$$.

Why would anybody want to pay $30 to sit in their own car to watch a movie?  I can sit in the comfort of my own home, on my comfy couch, with all the snacks/beverages I need and can pause, rewind a movie as I see fit.  I never understand the allure of drive-in movies. 

Well I would say it is worth it if it's a new movie that I can't just get on Netflix or something.

4bgzzd.jpg

DBtoOC said:
Why would anybody want to pay $30 to sit in their own car to watch a movie?  I can sit in the comfort of my own home, on my comfy couch, with all the snacks/beverages I need and can pause, rewind a movie as I see fit.  I never understand the allure of drive-in movies.

The wife and I gave this a whirl last Saturday for Jurassic Park. Agree we could have watched in the comfort of our home for much cheaper, but we spend so much damn time at home these days it was nice to get out and away from the kids.

The ticket came with a $20 Spectrum gift card that had no expiration date. We used it to pre-order and pick up a couple slices from Cheesecake Factory to enjoy in the car while we watched. We also brought our own cooler with some adult beverages, though this was against the rules ;) While not the most economical decision we've made in the last 4 months since lock down, the overall experience was worth it for us. Glad I did it, but probably wouldn't do it again.

For those interested I recommend getting there early. They open up about 2 hours pre-show and you're welcome to park the car and walk around Spectrum. They also have some live music being performed which we didn't see. We got there 1 hour early and it was pretty full. Made it so we were parked pretty far back. Fortunately it's a big screen so we were able to see just fine, they also do a good job spreading cars out so our view wasn't blocked. On the plus side, we had easy out since we were towards the back. My guess is the guys parked up front had a long wait to exit.

They also don't limit the number of people in the car. A family of four or five would make it a bit more economical.

I don?t want to see the inside of ChiKids home if would rather spend time in his car than his house :)

ChiKid24 said:
DBtoOC said:

The wife and I gave this a whirl last Saturday for Jurassic Park. Agree we could have watched in the comfort of our home for much cheaper, but we spend so much damn time at home these days it was nice to get out and away from the kids.

The ticket came with a $20 Spectrum gift card that had no expiration date. We used it to pre-order and pick up a couple slices from Cheesecake Factory to enjoy in the car while we watched. We also brought our own cooler with some adult beverages, though this was against the rules ;) While not the most economical decision we've made in the last 4 months since lock down, the overall experience was worth it for us. Glad I did it, but probably wouldn't do it again.

For those interested I recommend getting there early. They open up about 2 hours pre-show and you're welcome to park the car and walk around Spectrum. They also have some live music being performed which we didn't see. We got there 1 hour early and it was pretty full. Made it so we were parked pretty far back. Fortunately it's a big screen so we were able to see just fine, they also do a good job spreading cars out so our view wasn't blocked. On the plus side, we had easy out since we were towards the back. My guess is the guys parked up front had a long wait to exit.

They also don't limit the number of people in the car. A family of four or five would make it a bit more economical.

Was it hot? I assume no AC in the car. (To prevent watching a movie with car fumes)

eyephone said:
ChiKid24 said:
DBtoOC said:

Was it hot? I assume no AC in the car. (To prevent watching a movie with car fumes)

Show started after 8pm so had cooled down by then. No fumes for me anyway....I've got an EV and AC was running fine ;)

It does matter what you drive. It?s the car that park next to or near you.

Sorry watching old or new movies at a drive tru does not sound appealing to me.

Back