I wonder who those parents say now...

Irvinecommuter

More than a dozen Southern California parents, from the Inland Empire to the Los Angeles County coast, have joined forces in a lawsuit against several California officials ? arguing that barring in-person classes this fall will hurt students, despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

?I?ve seen the difficulties (my students) have faced with having to learn remotely and from the lack of socialization with their peers, having to do everything online,? plaintiff Matthew Brach, a Rancho Palos Verdes resident and father of two teenagers, said in a recent interview. ?And as I?ve watched them struggle, I can only imagine what was happening for the rest of the students in our district.?

Mark Meuser, with Dhillon Law Group, the San Francisco firm representing the plaintiffs, said science indicates schools should open and that children have a minimal risk of contracting or dying from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

?We are seeing schools open up around the world and there are no spikes of transmission going on,? Meuser said in a recent phone interview. ?(That) everybody shut down because downtown L.A. might have more cases than everywhere else in the community does not make sense and is not following the science.?
https://www.dailybreeze.com/2020/08...te-officials-demanding-in-person-instruction/

Back