Author Topic: Fresco Eastwood Village  (Read 4696 times)

Offline someguy

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 82
  • -Received: 61
  • I'm poor af
Re: Fresco Eastwood Village
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 05:50:24 PM »
Even with slightly larger lot, it's asking for you to pay the same price as the competition (same tax, HOA....etc) in Eastwood but with 600-700 sq ft less interior space?

I'm just perplexed. Perhaps someone who considered/bought in Fresco can shed some light. Maybe it's also the time when it was released (more recent) and the builder is trying to push the envelope?

Their target buyer is not particularly price sensitive and perceives significant value in the Irvine Company brand.  The Irvine Company is maximizing it's profit.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline ndmaynard

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 05:54:27 PM »
IP has a better reputation/brand than KB but I agree with you - the premium is hard to stomach.  We were considering Fresco because we liked EW and IP designs but have decided to purchase in Great Park due to bigger home + lot size, despite the mello roos.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2522
  • -Received: 2020
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 11:51:17 PM »
Even with slightly larger lot, it's asking for you to pay the same price as the competition (same tax, HOA....etc) in Eastwood but with 600-700 sq ft less interior space?

I'm just perplexed. Perhaps someone who considered/bought in Fresco can shed some light. Maybe it's also the time when it was released (more recent) and the builder is trying to push the envelope?

They are asking those prices because they see that there is limited resale inventory so they want to test the market to see what buyers are willing to pay. Remember that IP can be a very patient seller has they are privately owned and they basically have a $0 cost basis in the land.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline ucla bruin

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 24
  • -Received: 42
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 11:25:07 AM »
IP has a better reputation/brand than KB but I agree with you - the premium is hard to stomach.  We were considering Fresco because we liked EW and IP designs but have decided to purchase in Great Park due to bigger home + lot size, despite the mello roos.

Congrats. Where in Great Park did you end up, if you don't mind me asking? it might come down to EW smaller lot vs 1.9% more space for us too.

Offline ndmaynard

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 05:24:42 PM »

Congrats. Where in Great Park did you end up, if you don't mind me asking? it might come down to EW smaller lot vs 1.9% more space for us too.

We are still trying to finalize purchase but we narrowed to Cadence Park - we like the neighborhood / community feel and proximity to the new schools. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:20:10 PM by ndmaynard »

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 56
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »
Fresco in Eastwood seems to doing great. Prices continue to increase...lowest one is 1.45 million now.  Prices only keep going up....i regret the time i passed up SFR in the initial phases of EW. Now, with prices so high, I am priced out when it comes to upgrading.

Offline ThirtySomethingWEquity

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 11
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 03:38:10 PM »

check baker ranch.  It's very close, and saving that 6-10k a year on mello roos is pretty nice.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Apple New Products by aquabliss
[Today at 02:03:13 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:15:59 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:11:18 AM]

Re: Apple New Products by zovall