No more low-income housing in Irvine?

I'd think less crime and higher school scores as a result, no? of course!!!

Come on fellas, say something! You don't have to be politically correct here.

I know you all are very pleased with this news.

Not sure what you're trying to say.

I'm sure most people realize this is just political posturing, less than 90 days away from voting. Nothing is going to happen as a result of President Trump's tweet.

Regardless of whether you support or oppose low-income housing, you should know that regulations affecting housing are mostly local. In the extremely unlikely scenario where President Trump's tweet does lead to federal action, it will have very limited effect.

NIMBY(ism) is real. But not everyone is all about self-interest either.

gpquest said:

Everything Trump does is in question. Removes the clean water standards and fuel standards through the EPA. Top it off Trump allows asbestos to return under new EPA policy.

Can not trust him. Less crime? But watch out for the tear gas by the secret police with no identification.

eyephone said:
gpquest said:

Everything Trump does is in question. Removes the clean water standards and fuel standards through the EPA. Top it off Trump allows asbestos to return under new EPA policy.

Can not trust him. Less crime? But watch out for the tear gas by the secret police with no identification.
Watched Chad Wolf testify today for one of the Senate committees.  Federal officer ID's were removed because they were being doxed online.  Unmarked vehicles were being used as marked vehicles were being vandalized.  "Peaceful" protestors came armed with sledgehammers, fireworks, IED's, and lasers used to point at officers' eye to blind them.  Two officers are permanently blind as a result.  Tear gas only used to push back crowd as they tried to breach the fencing.

I'd be curious to see which media outlets report this information.  I doubt Mr. Wolf would lie under oath in a Senate hearing.

irvine buyer said:
eyephone said:
gpquest said:

Watched Chad Wolf testify today for one of the Senate committees.  Federal officer ID's were removed because they were being doxed online.  Unmarked vehicles were being used as marked vehicles were being vandalized.  "Peaceful" protestors came armed with sledgehammers, fireworks, IED's, and lasers used to point at officers' eye to blind them.  Two officers are permanently blind as a result.  Tear gas only used to push back crowd as they tried to breach the fencing.

I'd be curious to see which media outlets report this information.  I doubt Mr. Wolf would lie under oath in a Senate hearing.

Most reasonable people wouldn?t be making excuses for violence and say that destruction of government property is civil disobedience.

I think most people would agree that government property doesn?t just belong to the government. If government is of the people, by the people, then you?re destroying property belonging to the people as well.

That said, what makes you think Chad Wolf would not lie under oath in front of congress? Senators and lobbyists do it all the time. Before his current temporary position, Chad Wolf was a lobbyist for over a decade. For an infamous lobbying firm that is now defunct too. What makes him so special? Remember Roger Stone? He was a lobbyist too.

irvine buyer said:
eyephone said:
gpquest said:

Right...cuz state police officers were not vulnerable to being doxxed...any actual proof that it was happening? 

Considering this the Trump administration...I doubt that Mr. Wolf tell the truth under any circumstances. 

irvine buyer said:
eyephone said:
gpquest said:

Rand Paul a Republican Senator, previously said we cannot give up liberty for security. There is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people at will.

I had to look up the word dox. So doxing is publicly announcing identity information. Sorry but that is a weak excuse. It is more like they did not want to be identify.

Sorry using tear gas against US citizens for protesting is appalling. This is something communist governments do like Russia, China, East Germany, etc.
I assume not all of the federal agents were trained for crowd control. (Border patrol, dea, postal inspectors, fbi, atf, etc..)

They will do whatever they want under the super vision of the unconfirmed homeland secretary. Did you see the federal agents brake the arm of the ex navy vet, they maced the entire face of the Vietnam vet. (For making a statement they he served I. Vietnam) They also went crazy on the moms protesting? (To describe the moms protesting they were caucasians with brown and blonde hair and other races, the federal secret police thought they were a threat because they got sprayed and attacked also) Sorry it is a complete joke. Lol

But he did noting when Trumps supporters went to the Michigan legislative and made threats against the Democratic Governor. (they had ARs and other weapons what I saw on TV) Its a complete double standard.

Trump is okay with russia providing arms and bounty money to the Taliban. He said the US did it before. (So it is okay for the US troops to be targeted in Afghanistan?) Trump talked to Putin over 7 times on the phone and did not discuss the bounty situation. (Axios recent interview)

The first election Trump went blamed Mexicans and now this election he is losing so he is attacking fellow Americans citizens.

Most people do not want to lie under oath to either the House or Senate as the consequence is jail time.  Chad Wolf knows he has a target on his back as the democrats hate him.  He would be foolish to lie under oath.

James Clapper (former DNI director) and Susan Rice (former NSA) went on various media outlets to proclaim that they have evidence the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians.  Yet both gave testimony to the House under oath and said that they had no evidence nor had they seen anything that would cause them to conclude that there was collusion.  Why would these high ranking officials not lie to the House so they can be consistent with what they said on television?
https://www.dni.gov/index.php/features/2753-53-hpsci-transcripts

Here we go. Maybe the intern or water boy (Thats what Trump called him) should of not talked when he is drunk that he is working with Russia? Lol

irvine buyer said:
Most people do not want to lie under oath to either the House or Senate as the consequence is jail time.  Chad Wolf knows he has a target on his back as the democrats hate him.  He would be foolish to lie under oath.

James Clapper (former DNI director) and Susan Rice (former NSA) went on various media outlets to proclaim that they have evidence the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians.  Yet both gave testimony to the House under oath and said that they had no evidence nor had they seen anything that would cause them to conclude that there was collusion.  Why would these high ranking officials not lie to the House so they can be consistent with what they said on television?

irvine buyer said:

Maybe those reasons are convincing enough for you but strikes me as hyper-partisan and naive.

Chad Wolf isn't most people. He spent the majority of his career as a lobbyist at a shady lobbying firm that is now defunct.

Chad Wolf has every incentive to play nice with the current administration.

Funny you mentioned jail time. Did Roger Stone get any jail time for lying to congress?

James Clapper is a decorated veteran with long service record. Susan Rice also has a long track record in government and was our UN ambassador. Neither of them worked as a lobbyist.

Are you unfamiliar with what the job of a lobbyist entails?  Honest people with integrity don't become lobbyists.

Kenkoko said:
irvine buyer said:

Maybe those reasons are convincing enough for you but strikes me as hyper-partisan and naive.

Chad Wolf isn't most people. He spent the majority of his career as a lobbyist at a shady lobbying firm that is now defunct.

Chad Wolf has every incentive to play nice with the current administration.

Funny you mentioned jail time. Did Roger Stone get any jail time for lying to congress?

James Clapper is a decorated veteran with long service record. Susan Rice also has a long track record in government and was our UN ambassador. Neither of them worked as a lobbyist.

Are you unfamiliar with what the job of a lobbyist entails?  Honest people with integrity don't become lobbyists.
Roger Stone was heading to jail prior to getting his sentence commuted so not sure what your point is there. 

Most people I have spoken to about politics have a partisan bias.  Nothing wrong with that.  Has it occurred to you that your refusal to accept that Chad Wolf could be telling the truth is essentially a partisan bias as well?  I am not disagreeing with you that lobbyists lie as part of their job.  All I am saying is that Chad Wolf ought to know going into this hearing that his testimony will be scrutinized as he is contradicting the narrative of peaceful protesters doing nothing wrong.  A high profile hearing is not the place to lie unless you are one of the members of Congress.  They get congressional immunity.

irvine buyer said:
Roger Stone was heading to jail prior to getting his sentence commuted so not sure what your point is there. 

Most people I have spoken to about politics have a partisan bias.  Nothing wrong with that.  Has it occurred to you that your refusal to accept that Chad Wolf could be telling the truth is essentially a partisan bias as well?

You stated jail time serving as the deterrent to lying to congress. It's just not the reality. This is rampant in politics especially on capitol hill. This isn't about partisan bias either. Had a discussion about this with SGIP, a conservative on TI, he pointed this out as well.  Roger Stone is just the most recent example. He did not serving any jail time despite getting caught lying to congress.

I don't have a problem with people having partisan bias. My problem with trusting Chad Wolf is who he worked for (Wexler & Walker) and his career lobbying background. Not whether he has a (D) or a (R) next to his name.

Lobbying is a dirty business and a huge problem. In the last 5 years alone, the 200 most politically active companies in the U.S. spent $5.8 billion influencing our government with lobbying and campaign contributions.

Those same companies got $4.4 trillion in taxpayer support ? earning a return of 750 times their investment.

Could Chad Wolf be telling the truth even tho he has many incentives to lie? Yes, but I don't have much confidence in that given his background and situation.

Which is why I asked you what made you think he'd tell the truth. You said Democrats hate him.  He would be foolish to lie under oath.

You could be right, but I didn't find your answer to be very convincing.

Kenkoko said:
irvine buyer said:

Most people I have spoken to about politics have a partisan bias.  Nothing wrong with that.  Has it occurred to you that your refusal to accept that Chad Wolf could be telling the truth is essentially a partisan bias as well?

You stated jail time serving as the deterrent to lying to congress. It's just not the reality. This is rampant in politics especially on capitol hill. This isn't about partisan bias either. Had a discussion about this with SGIP, a conservative on TI, he pointed this out as well.  Roger Stone is just the most recent example. He did not serving any jail time despite getting caught lying to congress.

I don't have a problem with people having partisan bias. My problem with trusting Chad Wolf is who he worked for (Wexler & Walker) and his career lobbying background. Not whether he has a (D) or a (R) next to his name.

Lobbying is a dirty business and a huge problem. In the last 5 years alone, the 200 most politically active companies in the U.S. spent $5.8 billion influencing our government with lobbying and campaign contributions.

Those same companies got $4.4 trillion in taxpayer support ? earning a return of 750 times their investment.

Could Chad Wolf be telling the truth even tho he has many incentives to lie? Yes, but I don't have much confidence in that given his background and situation.

Which is why I asked you what made you think he'd tell the truth. You said Democrats hate him.  He would be foolish to lie under oath.

You could be right, but I didn't find your answer to be very convincing.
I see your point.

Kenkoko, I am not familiar with Wexler and Walker and looked them up for more perspective.  What I see are positive remarks; even from the Politico article announcing their closing.  Why do you feel that the firm is shady?

irvine buyer said:
Kenkoko, I am not familiar with Wexler and Walker and looked them up for more perspective.  What I see are positive remarks; even from the Politico article announcing their closing.  Why do you feel that the firm is shady?

They were one of the first lobbying firms to break the traditional partisan mold by going bipartisan. Prior to them, lobbying firms typically either lobbied for republican or democrats. They also went international as well, lobbying for foreign interests.

Bipartisan may sound sexy, but in the lobbying world, it really means they don't follow (R) or (D) principles or ideologies. They just follow the almighty dollar whether that came from domestic or foreign interests.

They were the true $$$ mercenaries in every sense.

Back