Irvine Real Estate help

Ochomebuyer

Hello,

I am looking to purchase an Irvine home with an open floor plan layout within a 900k-1.05M budget. Do you guys have any realtors that you would recommend that you have had a good relationship with? The preference is a SFR but there does not appear to be any SFR with an open floor plan available within a 1.05M budget. Are there any true SFR with an open floor plan within that budget in Irvine?

As a result, I have been looking into detached condos but the concern is whether detached condos will have good resale value and appreciation in the future. I am looking to stay in this home long term but resale value and appreciation is still important to me. Do detached condos in Irvine appreciate and have good resale value?

Are the following detached condos overpriced? I am new to Irvine real estate and spending $1M for a detached condo seems expensive.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/39-Roycroft-92620/home/40102448
4 beds, 4 baths, 2,675 sq ft, $1,049,000 listing
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/51-Cherry-Tree-92620/home/58556646

3 beds, 2.5 baths, 2,016 sq ft, $1,068,000
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/59-Twin-Flower-92618/home/112719833

3 bed, 2.5 baths, 1,907 sq ft, $939,997 listing

I don't think you will get SFR w/open floor plan for that budget. Detached condos/townhome will be your best bet. The ones you picked seem fair to me. I wouldn't go w/Twin Flower though, too close to freeway. Roycroft definitely most bang for the buck, but they seem to have trouble selling it.

Welcome to TalkIrvine.  Unfortunately, there aren't many true SRFs with the newer open floor plans in Ivrine so if you are looking for the great room open concept you'll be looking to buy a detached condo. For the most part, detached condos in Irvine have appreciated as well as SFR homes. It's the attached condos that have lagged in term of appreciation. Btw, 39 Roycroft is an attached condo...one dead giveaway of that is when you see a total HOA of $300/mo or more. Detached condos will have HOAs in the low $100s to mid $200s per month. Cherry Tree is overpriced while Twin Flower is more fairly priced. Have you also looked at the newer detached condos at Talise? Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Ochomebuyer, read the threads on Talk Irvine from now to back a few years. You'll see Martin's (USCTrojanCPA) unmatched reputation has been earned. His endorsements here are not based on friends jumping on the bandwagon but rather based on evidence, data, and history, as I've come to realize.

Real estate agents are a dime a dozen. Martin is the gold (coin) standard. He applies "full-concept" to this industry. Every rock is turned. Every factor is accounted for and controlled. Everything is done at the highest level. He's extremely precise in his analyses and hypothesis testing. I've come to realize he has taken real estate to a science Ph.D. level. For me, a person who searches for indisputable biological and psychological evidence, it's like one of those things in life you come to realize and accept as fact.

CogNeuroSci said:
Ochomebuyer, read the threads on Talk Irvine from now to back a few years. You'll see Martin's (USCTrojanCPA) unmatched reputation has been earned. His endorsements here are not based on friends jumping on the bandwagon but rather based on evidence, data, and history, as I've come to realize.

Real estate agents are a dime a dozen. Martin is the gold (coin) standard. He applies "full-concept" to this industry. Every rock is turned. Every factor is accounted for and controlled. Everything is done at the highest level. He's extremely precise in his analyses and hypothesis testing. I've come to realize he has taken real estate to a science Ph.D. level. For me, a person who searches for indisputable biological and psychological evidence, it's like one of those things in life you come to realize and accept as fact.

Thank you for the kind words. I really do love all of the aspects of real estate and am glad that it shows. My approach is very simple...I represent my clients the same way that I would represent myself in a real estate transaction being more of a consultant than just a realtor.

I also highly recommend Martin (USCTrojanCPA). We listed our condo during the middle of Covid and had many concerns around our ability to sell. His experience and knowledge of real estate (as evidenced by his insightful contributions in this forum) gave me complete confidence that we could sell within the short time frame that we had. We had over 20+ showings within 3 days, had multiple offers come in and we were able to sell above list price.

He is truly a data/numbers guy and knows what he's doing. I encourage you to read thoroughly through the Talk Irvine threads and you will see why I decided to go with him as my realtor. You will be in good hands with him!

Irvine2020 said:
I also highly recommend Martin (USCTrojanCPA). We listed our condo during the middle of Covid and had many concerns around our ability to sell. His experience and knowledge of real estate (as evidenced by his insightful contributions in this forum) gave me complete confidence that we could sell within the short time frame that we had. We had over 20+ showings within 3 days, had multiple offers come in and we were able to sell above list price.

He is truly a data/numbers guy and knows what he's doing. I encourage you to read thoroughly through the Talk Irvine threads and you will see why I decided to go with him as my realtor. You will be in good hands with him!

Thank you for the kind words. You guys did a great job getting the home ready for me to sell and we listed it for a reasonable price which resulted in a quick and easy transaction, a great team effort!

I'm just going to echo what everyone else is saying.  Go to Martin (USCTrojanCPA) and you won't be disappointed.  Bought a home in 2016 with Martin, he knows Irvine very well.

Ochomebuyer said:
Hello,

I am looking to purchase an Irvine home with an open floor plan layout within a 900k-1.05M budget. Do you guys have any realtors that you would recommend that you have had a good relationship with? The preference is a SFR but there does not appear to be any SFR with an open floor plan available within a 1.05M budget. Are there any true SFR with an open floor plan within that budget in Irvine?

As a result, I have been looking into detached condos but the concern is whether detached condos will have good resale value and appreciation in the future. I am looking to stay in this home long term but resale value and appreciation is still important to me. Do detached condos in Irvine appreciate and have good resale value?

Are the following detached condos overpriced? I am new to Irvine real estate and spending $1M for a detached condo seems expensive.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/39-Roycroft-92620/home/40102448
4 beds, 4 baths, 2,675 sq ft, $1,049,000 listing
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/51-Cherry-Tree-92620/home/58556646

3 beds, 2.5 baths, 2,016 sq ft, $1,068,000
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/59-Twin-Flower-92618/home/112719833

3 bed, 2.5 baths, 1,907 sq ft, $939,997 listing

Have you checked out Baker Ranch?  Pretty close to Irvine, closer to shopping, has plenty of newer (sub 5 yr) models that have open floor plans for around a million. 

What are the fun spots to eat good food and hang out near Baker Ranch besides Irvine Spectrum? I am not really familiar with that area but the open floor plans and cheaper real estate is intriguing.

Ochomebuyer said:
What are the fun spots to eat good food and hang out near Baker Ranch besides Irvine Spectrum? I am not really familiar with that area but the open floor plans and cheaper real estate is intriguing.

Giant outdoor mall within walking distance (enveloped by Alton Pkwy, Portola Pkwy, and Bake Pkwy) that has Movie Theatre, Walmart, In-N-Out, Chipotle, McDonald's, Petsmart, Hobby Lobby, JOANN, Michael's, Outback Steakhouse, Denny's, Planet Fitness, etc.

On the north side of Portola Pkwy side is the Ralphs shopping center and the entrance (with nice parking) to the Borrego Trail hiking area, which is, in my opinion, the best nature trail I've ever seen. Not only are there abundant areas of shading and tree coverage but there's also the awesome Red Rock Canyon, which is like a miniature Grand Canyon!

On the east side of Bake Pkwy (also within walking distance) is Home Depot, 24-Hour Fitness, Jack-In-The-Box, El Pollo Loco. And don't forget the Etnies Skateboard Park that's right across Lake Forest Dr from Home Depot.

Nearby to the east between Portola Pkwy, El Toro Rd, and Rancho Pkwy is the giant Lake Forest Sports Park with an indoor basketball gym, a bunch of baseball fields, and a bunch of soccer fields. You can actually walk there from Baker Ranch but most people would probably drive the 3 min there.

Regardless, it's not like you'd even want to go to the Sports Park because Baker Ranch has the absolute best amenities in terms of parks and clubhouses. The Baker Ranch Community Park has the baseball field and soccer field that the kids require. There are multiple clubhouses but the Grove Clubhouse is da bomb and has a resort-style pool area and full-time office staff inside the clubhouse. Nothing from Irvine Company comes close. Only possibly Great Park amenities might match it. Last but not least, there is this long winding park called Promenade Park that starts from the Bake Pkwy side and goes westward down the middle of Baker Ranch all the way across Alton Pkwy via the giant bridge to the west side of Baker Ranch, where there are additional parks that have tennis courts and olympic style pool. I have never seen anything like Promenade Park!

Having said all that, I cannot wait to move into our new home in Portola Springs 4B and walk the trails up there, go across the bridge down into Portola Springs 5 every once in a while, and visit the nearby Community Park.

Another thing:

You should look at Juniper in Portola Springs 5A (Richmond American), which has 3 floor plans ranging from 1990 sq ft ($989,000) to 2400 sq ft ($1,131,000), each with good size backyard. Great land, location, and general area within Portola Springs.

Also look at Talise in Portola Springs 4B (California Pacific Homes). The Plan 4 has 2070 sq ft with a straight-ahead kitchen to dining room to living room configuration, 4 bdr + large loft, 20-ft ceiling that allows you to look down from the loft and see almost the entire 1st floor, and good size wrap-around backyard. A little less than $1 million. Plans 1, 2, and 3 are a little smaller and cheaper but just as intriguing.

Back