Talise / Route 241

LA2Irvine

Are there any current residents of Talise who can provide thoughts on the community's proximity to Route 241? We are considering buying in the community but are a little hesitant about buying next to a highway and the air pollution, especially when it eventually goes from being a toll road to a freeway.

Thank you.

Freeway. As in free to drive on. OK I have news for you. The collections of dollars is too good to make it free.

The same tolls roads in Chicago and New Hamshire were suppose to be free after some years, after a very long time, they never make it free. It actually increased. So be certain that it will not as busy as our FREEWAYS. Talisse its a nice place to live.

Read the conversation in the the thread "Is 1800 sq ft too small for a 4 bdr?" In there, a bunch of people and I give our input on Talise and Celeste.

I live right off of Bake Pkwy (about 200 ft away within a motorcourt) right now. The toll fwy will have more than 100 times less traffic throughout the day. It will have way less traffic than Irvine Blvd, Portola Pkwy, Alton, Sand Canyon, Jeffrey, you name it. So traffic and the resulting pollution in Talise is a total non-factor.

As far as noise, where we live now, with the master bdr large windows closed (but master bathroom window open), I can barely hear anything even during rush hour. In Talise, even if you're on the north side, you'll hear almost nothing with your windows closed. One time, my wife and I went up there around 6:30PM on a weekday, and I used my stopwatch and timed 30 sec between cars! Do you think that could ever happen on Bake or Alton or Irvine Blvd?

I read an article a couple of years ago citing a study that determined if Portola Pkwy was connected between the Foothill Ranch side and the Irvine side, the Toll Roads would lose 40% traffic (and revenue), so the article concluded it would never happen. I would think the same thing with it being turned into a freeway. It wouldn't happen in the next 40 years.

Back