Pop up canopy that folds/stores with canopy top

momopi

Hello

I am looking for a pop up canopy that will fold and store in bag with the canopy attached on top.

Most require the canopy to be removed for storage and only installed when deployed. I am looking for one that is designed to folds and store in the bag with the canopy on.

The product will be used for car wash and detail in drive way every couple weeks.  My existing pop up canopy is a pain and requires 2 people to setup and take down.

I have only seen ones that have the canopy attached and which stores in the bag with the rest of the frame.  I often see them in Costco and Sam's.  However, I have not seen 1 that did not require 2 people to open, unless you have a way to affix the feet in place so you can pull the scissor-action frame open.  I'm sure 1 person can manage, but 2 people will make the job much easier.  Having 2 people makes extending the legs easier too.

Beware the wind with the canopy near the car.  I had one of those large 20' Costco canopies (heavy, rigid, not collapsible).  Wind gusts would move the thing around and the legs would shift.  I had my superduty parked under it and on one windy night I heard a loud noise and looked out the window to find the canopy and frame standing up sideways in my neighbors tree with the legs pretty much horizontal.  It was on the other side of the 5' tall wall that divides our properties.  It was well off the ground and the highest legs were very close to the power lines.  We were so fortunate the tree was there, because if it wasn't the thing probably would have done a lot of damage to my neighbor's house.  One of the legs left a nice scar on the lower rear quarter panel of my truck as it flew up.  Fortunate too that's the only damage to the truck.

freedomcm said:
I think many/most/all of the EZ-up brand shelters keep the fabric attached.

Actually, I was confused by this thread... as the last two canopies I bought, (cheap 10x10 ones) have the fabric attached. I think non-attached ones are like from the 90s. :)

And with enough patience, you can one-person put them up, it's just you need to anchor one side so you can pull the other side out.

Cheapo will work better than a good one for what you want to do.  To open, just stick one leg is a bucket with about 6 inches of sand.  You then can just lift the opposite corner leg to expand and open.  Same with close.

@_@  I do own an EZ-Up but it will not fold with the canopy attached.  The canopy has to be removed and stored in separate bag.  I tried to set it up by myself once with one leg inserted in a heavy duty patio umbrella stand and it didn't work.  Really needed 2 people to pull it in opposite directions.

I think maybe I should have bought a "cheapo" version with a sidewall shade attachment.

Back