U.S. Officials Are Already Debating Who Should Get a Vaccine First

Don?t Be racist IHO :)

I would support the Latino and black people getting the vaccine first. We are affected disproportionately as frontline workers :)

With that said, I will just take my vaccine and put in the fridge until 3-6 months after the other blacks and Latinos take it to make sure it?s safe, too make sure it?s not poisoned :)

There has to be a catch if they want Latinos and black to get it first.

Qwerty,
I'll be getting the vaccine early and will let you know if there are any adverse effects like calf shrinkage ;)

On a more serious note, I agree that a purely raced based category for vaccine prioritization is a bad idea. I could see political and legal challenges to such an approach. I like the UPenn ethicist idea: "he has proposed using an index that takes into account education, income, employment and housing quality to rank neighborhoods by socioeconomic disadvantage that he says could serve as a good proxy."

iacrenter said:
Qwerty,
I'll be getting the vaccine early and will let you know if there are any adverse effects like calf shrinkage ;)

On a more serious note, I agree that a purely raced based category for vaccine prioritization is a bad idea. I could see political and legal challenges to such an approach. I like the UPenn ethicist idea: "he has proposed using an index that takes into account education, income, employment and housing quality to rank neighborhoods by socioeconomic disadvantage that he says could serve as a good proxy."

GL (good luck) if not GG (good game)  :)

iacrenter said:
Qwerty,

Please let me know if you do experience shrinkage of the calves. I would shoot myself. The thought of never being able to wear shorts again and show off these beauties would be devastating!!!

If they shrink, they shrink - is something that IHO can deal with,  not me :)

Back