Anybody know anything about UCC-1 financing statements?

John

I've started the process of refinancing and my loan processor found a UCC financing statement for solar panels/equipment when she did a title search on my address.

She asked me to send her my solar contract and I told her that I don't have solar. She sent me the UCC form that she pulled and it has a person's name listed as the debtor but my address as the debtor's address.

I searched this person on Nextdoor and Facebook and he/she lives on my street, probably at a number similar to mine. I'm guessing my address ended up on this form by mistake.

My loan processor said she will talk to the title company to get it resolved and I'm hoping the refinance can go on without delay.

I'm just annoyed that my address is on this official document that is filed with the county. I spoke with the OC clerk-recorder department and they couldn't help because all they do is file the forms. Does anybody know how to handle this or if I can file some kind of addendum and how I would go about doing this?

John said:
I've started the process of refinancing and my loan processor found a UCC financing statement for solar panels/equipment when she did a title search on my address.

She asked me to send her my solar contract and I told her that I don't have solar. She sent me the UCC form that she pulled and it has a person's name listed as the debtor but my address as the debtor's address.

I searched this person on Nextdoor and Facebook and he/she lives on my street, probably at a number similar to mine. I'm guessing my address ended up on this form by mistake.

My loan processor said she will talk to the title company to get it resolved and I'm hoping the refinance can go on without delay.

I'm just annoyed that my address is on this official document that is filed with the county. I spoke with the OC clerk-recorder department and they couldn't help because all they do is file the forms. Does anybody know how to handle this or if I can file some kind of addendum and how I would go about doing this?

You'll have to work with the title company to remove the recorded UCC. Maybe contact the solar company (on the UCC) as well.

USCTrojanCPA said:
John said:

You'll have to work with the title company to remove the recorded UCC. Maybe contact the solar company (on the UCC) as well.

Yeah I'm hoping that the loan processor can get the title company to fix it. The company on the UCC seems to be a middle-man that handles UCC filings so I don't even know which solar company it is.

Congrats on your two sales in Trellis Court. I had my appraisal for my refi yesterday and I'm hoping it comes in somewhere close to the final price of your two sales. I'm in a plan 3X so same floor plan, smaller patio.

John said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
John said:

Yeah I'm hoping that the loan processor can get the title company to fix it. The company on the UCC seems to be a middle-man that handles UCC filings so I don't even know which solar company it is.

Congrats on your two sales in Trellis Court. I had my appraisal for my refi yesterday and I'm hoping it comes in somewhere close to the final price of your two sales. I'm in a plan 3X so same floor plan, smaller patio.

Thank you.  Your home should definitely appraise for $1m with those 2 closed comps.

John said:

I've had clients with very generic names like "John Lee" or something that have random 5 liens belonging to others with similar names put on their title that we have to resolve. Very annoying indeed.

Back