How to make this TV wall?

Cornflakes

Any DIY Pros here? How do I go about making this tv wall?

Or, if I were to hire a guy, any recommendations?

Attachments

• tv wall.jpg
    tv wall.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 254
This is a good DIY project. Buy high grade 4 X 8 compressed sheet and mark and cut your design. Use construction adhesive and tack on some nails using nail gun.

Stain it to what you like and use indoor polyurethane to have a matte looks. I enjoy these type of projects. It?s a good stress reliever

Oh, I was thinking the 4 by 8 laminate sheets...but I like your suggestion to just buy good quality sheets, stain, and put a finish on...

Is that what you are recommending?

Cornflakes said:
Oh, I was thinking the 4 by 8 laminate sheets...but I like your suggestion to just buy good quality sheets, stain, and put a finish on...

Is that what you are recommending?

Yes, exactly. And if you get different thickness in the sheets you will get a better visual effects of one pop out to the other and not a uniform flat surface, gives it a 3D a better looks in my opinion. The possibility is up to your imagination in term of colors and size. It will looks great. You want to choose something that will looks good to day and 10 years from now so the design has to be durable and fashionable, like what you attach is good.

Cornflakes said:
Any DIY Pros here? How do I go about making this tv wall?

Or, if I were to hire a guy, any recommendations?

That is not real. That's an image of a 3D rendering, but sure that's do-able.

will give it a shot this weekend with a small 2x2 board and see how it turns out. If I do a decent enough job, may be take up a wall.

Looks very real to me but likely it is a rendering like Mety says. What gives away the 3d rendering from actual?

With any textured TV feature wall, make sure you put LED lights on the back of your TV to enhance the shape/texture of your wall during evening viewing. 

I personally would not try that on my own, get a good contractor or someone who normally does custom built ins.  There's also a lot of cool textured tile you could use.  I wanted to do the textured tile but my wife says it would look too much like a bathroom (I disagree) so it was shot down.

My previous neighbor was a brilliant mathematic/cs PHd guy.

He and I built our very own patio cover, our first ever big project as a homeowner together, in our backyard.

Let me tell you, he couldn?t even pound in a nail properly. A complete bookworm humble guy.

But we got it done. And it turn out great. The moral of the story is, you can be great even when you don?t know it. Try it out and it is easier than you think. Get your hands wet.

I'm opening up the wall in my family in the media niche area and will install semi-custom cabinets on the ground, 3 rows of floating shelves with inlet LED lights, wall mount a 77" TV, and then put wall tiles on the wall inside the media niche. I need a good TV install/set-up guy.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I'm opening up the wall in my family in the media niche area and will install semi-custom cabinets on the ground, 3 rows of floating shelves with inlet LED lights, wall mount a 77" TV, and then put wall tiles on the wall inside the media niche. I need a good TV install/set-up guy.

Buy a pack of 24 sculpin ballast and we can do together.  :).

It will be your most proud moment. BTW, 77" is a bit small for today standard. Why not 85 inch. Go big or go home. :) :)

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Buy a pack of 24 sculpin ballast and we can do together.  :).

It will be your most proud moment. BTW, 77" is a bit small for today standard. Why not 85 inch. Go big or go home. :) :)

I looked at the 82" Samsung QLED TV but opted for the 77" LG QLED TV because my media niche is only 137 inches wide and I want to install floating shelves to the side of the TV.  I may take you up on that 24 pack offer. :D

I will definitely give it a try. Painted daughter's room wall a few months ago and I am pleased with A-/A grade job I have done. Plus her excitement and help were priceless.

Attachments

• IMG-4780.jpg
    IMG-4780.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
Cornflakes said:
I will definitely give it a try. Painted daughter's room wall a few months ago and I am pleased with A-/A grade job I have done. Plus her excitement and help were priceless.

Hmmm, I'll need a painter...what kind of beer do you want?  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
Cornflakes said:

As boring as it sounds, I have not come across better IPA than Kirkland Signature variety pack they sell at Costco. Sure, IPAs out of taps at breweries are better more often than not.

Cornflakes said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cornflakes said:

As boring as it sounds, I have not come across better IPA than Kirkland Signature variety pack they sell at Costco. Sure, IPAs out of taps at breweries are better more often than not.

Get the Pliny...Russian River ships direct right after they bottle and is shipped overnight. 

Cornflakes said:

This looks good. My daughter would love this also.

Back